1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rss Problems

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by commandos, Mar 27, 2007.

Hello ,

can anyone give me more idea about the damages that rss could give to a site in term of marketing and money ...

i have those point in my mind :

- Less visitors (people reading using feed progs) --> Less advertising --> less money .

- People stealing content using auto-blogs

Any comments about those points or more points in mind are apreciated ;)

All "Good Posts" will get +rep

commandos, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  2. giantbuddha

giantbuddha Peon

Best Answers:
    When you create an outgoing rss feed for your blog/site - don't include the entire content of your posts/pages. That way, your RSS content works as bait. People reading via RSS feed readers will have to visit your site to get "the rest of the story" if they are interested.

Also, any rss content stolen via autoblog works in your favor, as it's just a clipping (no dupe content prob) and usually creates a link back to your site already surrounded by relevant text (yours and the other scraped content on the autoblog - Depending on the auto-blogging software settings the lazy webmaster is using ;) )

Hope this helps!

giantbuddha, Mar 27, 2007 IP
    commandos likes this.
  3. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    also, if you are using YPN (and I think google) for advertising...make sure you include the code in your RSS feed...that way even if they are getting only your feed, at least they are getting ads...

d16man, Mar 27, 2007 IP
    commandos likes this.
  4. commandos

commandos Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Giant : Yes this is what i'm doing (only partial content) , and no the auto blog can remove links ... and back link and even put the permanent link for them ...

@d16man : Good is still in beta testing for rss ads , i dont know about yahoo , we are not allowed to put ads in the rss ...

Rep left for both , more comments appreciated .

commandos, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  5. JOHNROD1

JOHNROD1 Peon

Best Answers:
    James,

Great Tip. I'n the past I've made the mistake of including the entire content on my feeds. I'm seeing much better traffic only showing the first part of the content. They have to click through to my site to read the rest.

John

JOHNROD1, Apr 17, 2007 IP