1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Most SEO Firms Are Cheating

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by seoindia, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    SEOIndia is now doing damage control so he doesn't lose his signature. Me and SE made these points early on and SEOIndia didn't show the same "openness" he is now trying to potray.

He should have removed the url right away and been more open from the beggining if that was truly his intention. I don't believe it wqas and I don't think he is being sincere right now.

An open discussion on the ethics of SEO's would be welcomed but posting personal details and calling someone a scammer - then not backing down until the next day just isn't right.

If you ran an honest business and someone did this to you, you would be the first one posting here crying that its not fair

yfs1, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  2. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually wrote a long post but thought I'd leave it as it's not worth having another go at him.

Simply, you were a complete arse for posting that information and not removing the URL after repeated attempts to tell you to take it down.

I did email the owner of that site, and If I were him I'd chase you down and do everything in my power to get something back from you after the slanderous remarks you made about the company.

I work for an SEO firm (A big one) and I resent the title of the thread and generally the way in you went about trying to 'help' (Personally I think you were just trying to bad-mouth your competition).

Next time - don't post it here.

SEbasic, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  3. seoindia

seoindia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow i cannt understand what the hell is going on here. Really if one has to learn that how a issue has to be blown out of proportion, one need to learn it here. Its simply stupid the way this thread has been stretched. And about personal comments, what are you guys doing. After making so much personal comments on me, it doesnt feels nice to hear from u. If i had done something unacceptable i would have been removed from the forum.

Whosoever like to do whatever against me is most welcomed. I would like to see the so called power of SEBasic. I donnt like saying these all but now i have no option and i cannt control myself i wonder is moderator tracking this thread because if i did something unethical my thread should have been removed and moreover the way u peoples made personal criticism on me something should have been done.

However as long as this thread is here and as long as users here donnt learn to reply politely i think this will continue.

seoindia, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  4. yfs1

Best Answers:
    If it was just for discussion, explain why you refused to remove the url until just about every member asked you to?

Thats not how this forum works..Simply erasing your posts and kicking you out isn't the answer. Instead it should be out in the open, the fact that you are trying to condemn an industry based on something that isn't true in the least

yfs1, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  5. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    What are you talking about?
    When exactly did you last see a thread removed from DP? I just doesn't happen.

Face it - You were wrong. Get over it.

SEbasic, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  6. seoindia

seoindia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So thats why u peoples are saying whatever u wannt. And regarding why i didnt removed url earlier, if removed the url as soon as i saw requests to remove the url. I was late in that before that i didnt logged in to DPF. But the issue was completely blown out of proportion and now i came to know why as u peoples know that these days no tracking goes on. Whatever may be i am waitinh to see SEOBasic powers...

seoindia, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  7. yfs1

Best Answers:
    By the way SEOIndia, you have some pair of cajunes to question Olivers abilities given the qulaity of your posts here. Another classy move on your part :rolleyes:

SE won't say it so I will say it for him. I have never used his SEO services but he is one heck of a good web designer (We have one project together under our belt). I imagine others would be quick to agree if they ever used him.

You already tried to attack your competition with your pathetic first post trying to get away with posting personal details, now you are trying to attack DP members just because they don't go along with you. Talk about stupid.

yfs1, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  8. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    WTF are you talking about???

fryman, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  9. seoindia

seoindia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    U started it all i had no intention and its only when it was too much i had no option but to post in reply to that.

seoindia, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  10. yfs1

Best Answers:
    I know..You wanted to make a quick post and have no one notice it. Thats just wrong.

Whats funny is you started this thread saying most SEO's are cheaters. Its ironic you are coming across as a unscrupulous SEO yourself

I hope the sites in your signature are your own and not customers

yfs1, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  11. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    You remind me of Gareth...[​IMG]

In the words of Tim...[​IMG]

You're a cock...

SEbasic, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  12. seoindia

seoindia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think the moderator must do something here its totally hopeless out here and more than a public forum its becoming a battlefield of personal comments.

seoindia, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  13. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Then PM them, don't waste our time posting it over and over again.

PS. Why try to give me a red SEOIndia - It doesn't count :p

Its funny that you insult SE and then complain when people defend him. :rolleyes:

yfs1, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  14. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah - your reps didn't count... Sorry. :eek:

And the personal insults started after you failed to heed anyone's comments regarding slandering your competitors.

If you don't like it - don't post. :)

SEbasic, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  15. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Not to mention that the whole premise of this thread is personal. SEOIndia called most of us cheaters then attacked his competition, posting personal details.

Who protects them from your slander?

yfs1, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  16. seoindia

seoindia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    the person who is only a web designer is also posting comments thats too much. If he donnt have any knowledge what is he doing here.

seoindia, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  17. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Who is that? :confused:

Keep digging that hole SEOIndia ;)

yfs1, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  18. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    What?

Are you referring to me?

SEbasic, Aug 5, 2005 IP
    dct likes this.
  19. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    This is getting crazy (though funny in a sadistic way). seoindia you aren't making any friends in this thread, use a bit of common sense appologise and get out. You will gain nothing posting in this thread posting the way you are.

Both SE and yfs are respected members here, for good reason, learn from them don't try to fight a cause which you have already well and truely lost.

dct, Aug 5, 2005 IP
    yfs1 and SEbasic like this.
  20. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    SEOIndia, I fully understand that you are annoyed and dismayed at what has happened in this thread, but I suggest you do the following. Step back and look at your original post objectively, and you will see why it is blown out of all proportion.

1) Most SEO's are cheats - most of the people on this forum are either seo's themselves, or deal with SEO on their own sites, or are learning from the various seo's and business people on the forum. SURE there are places where scum SEO's congregate, but this place certainly isn't one of them. So little doubt based on the title of your thread alone that people on the forum were on the defensive, and you lost sympathy with them.

2) You admitted to being a competitor of this company who presumably had done no harm to you, but was a competitor. - On this forum, and many others, people like myself are in competition technically with other SEO's on the forum. We help each other out, as this is how we see the future of SEO in the good circles progressing. We ALL help each other, we even help potential customers by giving to them for free what they would otherwise pay us for. Again, you can see why many were rubbed up the wrong way by your attacking a fellow SEO.

3) You deceived this company and set about intentionally to deceive them purely so you could expose them. - This is simply not the way a professional behaves. It is NOT acceptable business practice.

4) You post a private correspondence publicly - Again this is dreadful business ethics, little wonder people attack you for it. On my forum, we take the publishing of private correspondence so seriously that we turn off the posters access immediately, and mail them to tell them why. We then decide if we let them back or not. In life we have our word and our trust. In SEO terms the client gives you complete trust, as they hand over the future of their business, and in the case of the small business, personal lives as well. Trust is important to most of the people on here, as is loyalty (which unfortunately you have seen when you attacked a respected member of the community).

5) The content of the email is honest IMO and I feel that while the initial offer on their site might have been misleading (we have to put up with an awful lot of misleading headlines in the UK, although not illegal, they are misleading), they certainly told it like it is BEFORE taking money from anyone.

6) and this is what really nailed the lid down for me - You posted the name of this company, WHY? If we are discussing practices and ethics, then why was there need to post personal information about this company? You see, the moment YOU posted personal information about a company, you set yourself open to personal attack, as we were NOT discussing the practice in general terms, we were discussing YOU, and the Company NAMED. YOU made it personal in your original post.

As I said previously, maybe this was lost in translation, and maybe something that is accepted in one business culture is abhorrent in another. One thing is for certain though, I am sure that some harsh lessons have been learned. It is not for me to tell you what to do, but I seriously suggest you calm down, take an objective look at your original post, look at the reactions to it, because, at the end of the day this is EXACTLY what they were, REACTIONS to you original post.

I hope all this will blow over and that some good can be taken from it, as I say, if that good is only that lessons have been learned about how to make posts that are likely to be contentious.

Personally, I would have taken the text of the offer from the website in question, then taken the text, yours and theirs, and, without Identifying them posted it under the Title 'Is this a deceptive SEO Practice?'. Had you done that, then this whole thread would have been constructive rather than destructive, and we could have discussed, what is I have to say, a valid question.

All the best

OWG

Old Welsh Guy, Aug 5, 2005 IP
    Arnica, yfs1, dct and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.