1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone use AdBrite?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Mr Wonderful, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Does anyone use the marketplace AdBrite? I was up all night checking some websites out there.

Some of the websites listed there give quality traffic for a week and the prices are cheap too.

I am quite surprised actually on how cheap some of the rates are considering online advertising has grown at a rapid rate.

Mr Wonderful, Mar 26, 2007 IP
  2. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I use AdBrite quite frequently to generate traffic to my sites. But, I think there is a trick to actually receiving quality traffic from them. Here is what I do:

1. I only purchase month long ads. (explained why later)

2. I was spending $30 a month on one ad that was only generating 200 hits/month to my site. I have found a technique that seems to help me get more traffic for really cheap, and sometimes I even get lucky and get REALLY cheap traffic based on CPC. When searching their marketplace, I only search for sites that are located in America (left hand side of their marketplace gives you search options). Then with those results I click on the Avg CPC column and sort it by the cheapest CPC, which is usually shows 0.00 CPC.

3. You have to take a little time and look at how much traffic the site is getting because you will get a lot that are selling for $.32/month, but only get 200 visitors/month. You may also see some that are getting the same amount of visitors, but are selling for $12/month. I usually spend an hour here looking for the best deal, comparing sites and such. I usually buy 2-3 ads for each of my sites at around $2-4 an ad. Why I say this is a trick is because I will get lucky sometimes and find an ad that will send me 2,000 visitors a DAY for a month, and it only cost me $3/month to advertise on their site! I bought an ad for $3.50 who was sending me over 2k visitors a day and making me about $15/day in clicks. Using the search options that I do tend to increase my chances of finding these sites, but it is rare. But, I still get very cheap ads that provide an awesome amount of traffic for $3/month.

4. There is a downside though. And this is why I buy only month long ads. Using these search options also gets me a lot of denials and ads that sit there for 2-3 weeks without being approved. People will deny hosting my ads because they don't realize that their ads are selling so cheap until I buy one, then they will deny my ad and tell me to go buy again. They always raise the price to something ridiculous that I will not pay. And if your ads do not get approved, you have to call or contact Adbrite to give you a credit so you can buy a different ad. But, they will only do this after a week. And their customer service SUCKS right now. It should give you a credit automatically after a week, but instead I have to call 3 times just to get my credit. This is why I only buy month long ads, so I don't have to call AdBrite and get the runaround each week.

Hope this helps you as much as it helps me!

Firegirl, Mar 26, 2007 IP
    Klax, designcode and Mr Wonderful like this.
  3. Mr Wonderful

Mr Wonderful Banned

Best Answers:
    Excellent response, rep given to you :)

Thanks for this.

Really needed it.

Mr Wonderful, Mar 26, 2007 IP
  4. n-james

n-james Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    n-james, Mar 26, 2007 IP
Thread Status: