1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Make sure you save plenty for taxes

Discussion in 'General Business' started by bluegill_catcher, Mar 26, 2007.

When you get a monthly check from either Yahoo or AdSense save at least 30% of every dollar.........

I was pretty shocked to see how bad the taxes are..... on lesss then 9k (9 thousand) dollars earned the taxes due are roughly $1,900.... just for federal, and then state taxes were $298 and local another $98.

The tax woman said that we are taxed roughly 34% of every dollar earned as extra income, at least here in pennsylvania.

bluegill_catcher, Mar 26, 2007 IP
    d16man likes this.
  2. stickycarrots

stickycarrots Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, mine were terrible too. That's what happens when you're "self employed" :p
    Next year see if you can get a write-off for your internet bill.

stickycarrots, Mar 26, 2007 IP
    d16man likes this.
  3. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    mine were high also...I am getting a refund from state but paying fed 1.5 times the refund I am getting...oh well...screw those that attempt to make it on their own, give to the big businesses....all the more reason I am in favor of the fairtax.

d16man, Mar 26, 2007 IP
  4. smallbizstartupkit

smallbizstartupkit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are any of you also deducting any courses you've taken to improve your business? I've also found that taxes are relatively high for the self-employed. I've been considering incorporating. Has anyone done that yet?

smallbizstartupkit, Mar 26, 2007 IP
  5. bookscanning.com

bookscanning.com Peon

Best Answers:
    You can pay also in advance each quarter an $ amount. That takes the load a bit off the end of the year.

Timo

bookscanning.com, Mar 26, 2007 IP