1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MoneyBookers: Please tell me all you know about them.

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Idiot Inside, Mar 23, 2007.

Get some green as thanks for helping me :rolleyes:

I am from a country where PayPal can not be created. My basic concerns are:

* Accepting money from others while selling sites/domains/links.
    * Sending money to others while buying sites/domains/links.

* Accepting credit card payments from others when they buy link in my directory ~ avg. ticket size is ~$20, but can exceed up to $200 in case of homepage link.

I am looking for a very good payment method for this. I have came across to MB and I think they can work for me.

I have read their FAQs and stuff, but still want to hear some from people already using it.
    I want everyone to share their whatever knowledge they have about MB. Specially,

* If I open a standard account, will I be able to accept credit cards instantly? Anyone currently processing credit cards via MB?
    * In FAQs they say 1.80 Euros for Bank Wire, does same rate applies on International Wire? How many days it take normally?
    * Is it secure to use them and keep money in MoneyBookers?

More questions to come .. may be; your help would be greatly appreciated and some green reps will be given as thanks :)

Idiot Inside, Mar 23, 2007 IP
    Clive likes this.
  2. matik

matik Peon

Best Answers:
    Few months ago, i sent money international.. I'm from slovenia and i sent money to austria and it cost me about 2,5 €. Money was there in 4 days. After this, you will get verification code by post and then you'll be verified mebmer...

matik, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  3. hanz

hanz Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I have been using MoneyBookers for some years now (2 or 3, not sure) and have never really had any problems with them. Their fees are extremely low, they have bank account in Estonia, so I cannot say anything about international wire, but withdrawing to my bank account is fast and again - cheap. The only problem you will have with them is that not many people use them, they have almost 3 million users, but that is nothing compared to paypal.
    To learn more about accepting credit cards read this page http://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=m_shoppingcart (basically you will have to email them before you can do that)

hanz, Mar 23, 2007 IP
    Idiot Inside likes this.
  4. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've never tried credit cards with Money Bookers account but you will have to verify your account to accept credit card payments. Verification is easy , you just have to verify your address (usually takes 3-7 days) and bank verification (instant). So you might be able to accept CC payments after these steps.

So far MB is providing a great service and I am quite satisfied with what they are doing. But I won't recommend to keep a big amount in any online payment processor.

Disguised, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  5. srijaga_cbe

srijaga_cbe Peon

Best Answers:
    If you really insist on accepting credit card, go for Merchant Account with MB. But some of the credit card companies marked, MB is a gambling site. So there may be some problems in your client's side. If its bank wire transfer, then MB is best.

srijaga_cbe, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  6. Idiot Inside

Idiot Inside Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for replying friends.

Can we add ePassporte Virtual Visa with MB? I tried but it said deposit failed, whats wrong?

I have initiated address verification today, Hope I will have it done very soon.

@srijaga_cbe I dont need to accept a lot of credit cards, Just a couple of subscriptions per week on my adult directory.
    May be in future I need more, but currently its quite limited. So, I don't think I will have problem at client side.

By the way, Credit card companies from USA allow MB to charge their customer's credit cards? I mean, there is no such restriction, right?

Idiot Inside, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  7. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Too bad a company like Moneybookers is used as an alternative there where Paypal is not accessible. I've got the feeling that it's second best... :)

Clive, Mar 25, 2007 IP
    Idiot Inside likes this.
  8. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, if epassporte fails then it would not be supported. With the address verification, you will have your account limits raise. However without a credit card, you may not be able to fund your account to make payments.

Well, with MB, the customers would need to fund their account before sending it to you unless you signed up for the Merchant Gateways Services.

eddy2099, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  9. Idiot Inside

Best Answers:
    thanks eddy,

Assume I don't signup for merchant gateway service. And someone wants to pay me and he have his credit card available.

Is it possible that he create MB account, add his credit card, verify it (assuming that person have access to his statement) and send me money instantly?

Possible?

10. rentdn

rentdn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MB is the best service so far

rentdn, Mar 25, 2007 IP
    Idiot Inside likes this.
  11. Idiot Inside

Best Answers:
    another question:

Say I don't add and verify my credit card, Just address is verified. Will I be able to receive money and withdraw?

I damn emailed them, but they seems to be too lazy and don't work on weekends.

I hate payment processors and hosting companies those do not have 24/7 support. :mad:

12. rentdn

rentdn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you can send and receive money even without verifing address or CC , thats why i like it so much , but I really recommend you to verify your acc.

rentdn, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  13. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Yep, that's why we mustn't ever complain about fraud.

Clive, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  14. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:

Yes, the customer got to fund his own MB account but by doing so, he will need to incur charges on his end to do so. If it is an existing customer, he wouldn't mind but for a new customer, it could be a pain to do to have to go through so much steps then incur additional fees just to send you money especially if it is just for one transaction. It might just put him off.

15. Idiot Inside

Best Answers:
    What additional charges are involved if new customer signup? I don't see that anywhere?

Also, most of my customers are willing to signup for any service to pay me.
    I think MB seems reasonable for this.

By the way, if he has access to his credit card statement, can he go through all the process instantly?

16. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sign up is free. Funding the account from a credit card will probably cost him between 0.9% to 1.9% http://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=fees and more if he sends via wire transfers as his bank will charge him for it.

Then when he pays you, he will incur another 1% for email send (or up to EUR 0.50) per transaction.

Yes, the process of signing up should probably takes not more than 1/2 hour. Okay if your customers are willing to sign up by any means to pay you then that is good. I wished I had so loyal a following, you are certainly very lucky. My customers see anything that would require them to sign up for something and they will complain and go somewhere else.

Incidentally, you do know that Moneybookers does not permit the use of their services for anything which is Adult/Erotic in nature

http://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=merchant

17. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    Users MUST have a MB account even if they want to pay by Credit Card and go.

So, probably, you can go to 2CO if you can afford the signup fee and transaction free of 5%+(dunno exactly)

inworx, Mar 26, 2007 IP
    Idiot Inside likes this.
  18. Idiot Inside

Best Answers:
    I am lucky, yes. But have no faster method to get payment from them. :confused:

lolz, they replied my email today and told me that they do not allow anything related to adult lol .. and informed me very politely that my account is closed now and I should not signup again lol.

wth .. i said them, i need it for personal use as well.

But its alright, like inworx said .. I should consider 2CO, thats easiest method left I think. And it don't even put customer in hassle of signing up and so.

Idiot Inside, Mar 26, 2007 IP
    inworx likes this.
  19. libervisco

libervisco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Besides moneybookers, which was great for me so far (quick and easy), I would too recommend 2CO. It's not an ideal option, but I believe it's as close as you can get to having your own merchant account (which is not always an option to young online businesses).

2CO fees can be hefty, but then again it allows you to accept credit cards which is a whole lot better than not, especially if you've got no way to use PayPal. I know I don't, except for paying. I can't receive yet.

So yeah, try 2CO if you can.

libervisco, Mar 26, 2007 IP
  20. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think luck is not on your side now. It appears that 2CO also does not accept payment for anything remotely related to adult materials

https://www2.2checkout.com/documentation/prohibited.html

You can also look at one of these alternatives
    http://www.adultwebmasters.org/Making_Money/Payment_Systems/

Search Google as there are several specializing in adult contents out there.

eddy2099, Mar 26, 2007 IP