1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Type this phrase into Google

Discussion in 'SEO' started by factchecker, Mar 24, 2007.

1. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are. Do the search. Click on the link to the article. The page that used to be there is now redirecting to the homepage. This means that either:

a) The page is cloaked, Google sees one thing and visitors see another (not so likely considering the surprise at being #1), or

b) After she got to #1, she decided to redirect the page in order to funnel any traffic from that phrase to the homepage (this is what I assumed happened, and is what my post is based around).

-Michael

mvandemar, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  2. wibr

wibr Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep. It's a redirect. I don't care, but google might. :D The filename of the original page, coupled with the keyphrase usage in the post is enough to rank for that longtail. Nice cloak!

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...I+dont+feel+like+doing+anything&hl=en&strip=1

wibr, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  3. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, like I said, it's still more likely that she just decided to redirect the page after ranking, in which case it's not a matter of cloaking.

-Michael

mvandemar, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  4. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    It wasn't a cloak. I actually deleted a few 100 pages of my site that I though were not getting any traffic. My site has an automatic 404 direct to any page that doesn't exist.
    I don't have the content for that page, and, outside of this post I'm sure nobody would be looking for that page.
    This post was just meant to give a little hope to people who thought they would never be first.
    Anyway... Not a cloak.. Just an innocent 404 redirect for the whole site.

factchecker, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  5. Janna122003

Janna122003 Banned

Best Answers:

Good for you! Now that you know that you have ranking for a certain keyword does it give you traffic?

Janna122003, Mar 26, 2007 IP
  6. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I had over 100 people from this forum type it in. But, no... I don't plan on ever getting traffic from it.
    But, it gives me a lot of hope that, maybe, either through hard work or luck, I might get a good phrase.

factchecker, Mar 26, 2007 IP
  7. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, technically you can get as many phrases as you want really. Not all will bring you traffic, but some it's just very cool being #1 for. :D (I have a few, low volume but neat to see, ego boost types of things)

You should put that page back before you lose the rankings. Grab it from Google's cache. :p

-Michael

mvandemar, Mar 26, 2007 IP
  8. cashman2007

cashman2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    WEL DONE .Good work

cashman2007, Mar 26, 2007 IP
  9. colombo

colombo Active Member

Best Answers:
    good seo man.
    BTW your sig link is dead.