1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please help me

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ahelpinghand, Mar 25, 2007.

My site is about tutorials. It's still new (about a month) and I want to include only my original tutorials (not like most tutorials sites which are only directories of tutorials sites) and it will have tutorials on many subjects (like photoshop, video editting, SEO, programming, etc). I will add some software that I develop too (maybe 3 or 4).

Because it has many subjects, I got confused what html description tag and what anchor for my signature in forums, tutorials directories and article directories should I use? Because I think a general term like "Free Tutorials" or various tutorials and downloads" won't be good for SEO reasons.
    What do you suggest?

If someone posts a solution, use the "Best Answer" link in their post to pick it as the best answer.
    ahelpinghand, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  2. julie_a

julie_a Peon

Best Answers:
    What about "advanced internet tutorials" or "reliable internet tutorials"? Something like that. You can research for more keywords here.

julie_a, Mar 25, 2007 Set Best Answer IP
  3. ahelpinghand

ahelpinghand Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you a lot for your reply, but do you think users could enter search terms like those?

4. julie_a

julie_a Peon

Best Answers:
    If they're found in the database of these keyword research tools then you can be sure users are searching for those particular keywords. :)

julie_a, Mar 25, 2007 Set Best Answer IP
  5. jl255

jl255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    suggest you to use the overture keyword analysis tool:
    inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/

then u can determine what are the keywords commonly searched by ppl with subjects related to tutorial.

It is also advisable not to try to compete with highly-competitive and general keywords like 'free tutorials' but to narrow it down to more specific terms, which is likely to give u more correctly targeted visitors.

Hope this helps.

jl255, Mar 25, 2007 Set Best Answer IP
  6. ahelpinghand

ahelpinghand Guest

Best Answers:
    So should I choose a word that doesn't have a big count as I do not compete with highly-competitives?

7. jl255

jl255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    naturally, the more specific your search words are, the lesser count there will be. But the upside is that you will probably get ppl who are more serious abt buying your services. It is a balance you will need to strike, u shld not choose phrases that have too small numbers but too general phrases will also not put u in top spot in SE.

jl255, Mar 26, 2007 Set Best Answer IP
  8. ewc21

ewc21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tried Keyword Discovery? We don't know about the popularity of the search phrases until we check them at these type of tools.

ewc21, Mar 26, 2007 Set Best Answer IP
  9. julie_a

julie_a Peon

Best Answers:
    If the keyword has high search count and low competitor count, then that's the best choice. Try to divide the number of searches over the number of competitors. If the answer is above 10, then it's a good keyword.

julie_a, Mar 27, 2007 Set Best Answer IP
  10. adamm

adamm Peon

Best Answers:
    try longer keywords, less compeition and better targetted traffic.

adamm, Mar 27, 2007 Set Best Answer IP