1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it against the Adsense TOS?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Rik, Aug 3, 2005.

Hello Guys,

While surfing on the net, I found this.

To me, it was bit interesting.

I would like to know your opinions on this.

and

Do you think, using this script will be against the Adsense TOS ?

http://rsstoblog.com/index1-nh.htm

Thanks

Rik

Rik, Aug 3, 2005 IP
  2. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I really detest the whole idea of blogs. The fact that you can now have blogs without actually writing things is either extremely funny to me or painfully sad.

Regardless, I am not sure there is anything inherently wrong with that. Google says you can't make a site just for displaying ads. I guess if you want to make a site of other people's content, it is not a problem.

Although how one could call that a blog is beyond me.

Personally I look for the day when such devices are not given any foothold, creedence or leeway. They just clutter up the net, search engines and publisher spots with duplicate content.

It doesn't seem like anything google would mind... Personally I would have to ask myself would anyone actually read it? Could I show it to my friends and say look what I did... But if you just a device to farm keywords and generate traffic in order to lead people into clicking on ads, seems like a decent possibility.

aeiouy, Aug 3, 2005 IP
  3. clpounds

clpounds Peon

Best Answers:
    This basically looks like a scraper. Google does not seem to have a problem with scraper sites as long as their site doesn't violate the tos. Email G to find out.

clpounds, Aug 3, 2005 IP
  4. Rik

Rik Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, i never put Adsense on my Blog. Infact I have very few blog.

To my knowledge, Blog doesn't create much CTR.

So, I'm no way interested to use this Script. And it really doesn't worth my $250

All I wanted to know does this violate the Google TOS.

Rik

Rik, Aug 3, 2005 IP
  5. altoid

altoid Guest

Best Answers:
    How RSS2Blog is meant to be used is for those who have 10 + sites/blogs and don't want to constently be manually posts everyday.

If you are a "pure blood blogger" and you love posting, then it isn't for you.

RSS2Blog does give you the ability to post RSS from other sources to your blog or it also gives you the ability to pre-write your text entries and have them post for you.

This is the best way to use it in my opinion.

altoid, Aug 3, 2005 IP
  6. daed

daed Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried adsense on blogs, quite a few of them actually, and never noticed any real value or return on them. You need a seriously corporate blog to ever see anything of use, I think. As for stealing other people's content just to make money.. more power to you, thanks for further polluting the internet.

Altoid.. this may be slightly off-topic.. but I almost feel insulted at the websites in your signature. They are virtually scams, although extremely well thought out. The javascript on your pages leaves more to be desired, the entire concept.. I just generally feel disgusted having viewed your pages and hope that you remove them from your sig. My two cents.

daed, Aug 21, 2005 IP