1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do most People in Affiliate/Network Marketing Companies Fail??

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by alexanderthegreat7, Mar 22, 2007.

WHY ARE SO FEW MAKING MONEY??

Having worked my way through the google listings viewing countless ads for Affiliate and Network marketing opportunities online, I have come to realise that most people around 80% I would say are earning only a fraction of that dream residual income that attracted them to the program in the first place. So why is that, if the program is such a success and the product of such value how can it be that most people arent earning a small fortune with them? I believe it's down to one main thing that these companies often leave out, and that is KNOWLEDGE of how to be a successful Marketer whether on or offline, marketing holds the key to any successful business. If people dont know your out there, then they dont know your out there! means no income. So rather than bribe you with fanciful ideas of attracting a bank balance that Manchester United would envy, these companies should tell you that they have a proven tried tested System that will teach you how to successfully Market your product/service and gain the income you desire.

Now unless you are a Veteran of the Marketing world it can be jungle for a Newbie like myself; You tell me that I can earn quadruple my income in 60days by selling a magic hair gro potion, I say great I sign up, then what? nothing happens, I wait, still nothing happens, I begin inspecting the product, try talking to others about it, no one wants to know. Ive lost before Ive even started simply because I dont know how to market my product. I think it's critical also to join a company whose product you believe in, it means something to you and that you feel everyone can possibly benefit from.

Success is an inside job. You need to start from your heart. This is what I have learnt from others who ARE earning the kind of income that attract most people to Affiliate/Network Marketing companies

For some people, success comes easily. Focus is one of the main reasons. They know EXACTLY what they want. They dream it, they touch it, they feel it, they think it, they do it... they literally live it in their lives! Question yourself: Do you know EXACTLY what you want? How much do you want it?

Many online programs that lead people to succeed would begin with goal/vision setting. Every successful institute or organisation would need vision, mission, goals and purpose! Without the dream, there's nothing to be fulfilled! Without the short-term mission and goals, there's nothing concrete to work on. Without a purpose, there will not be any passion to move anywhere!

Hey, these are commonsensical! Yes, I hear the protests! These are the very things that set the stage for who we become. Our body, mind, soul and spirit must be integrated as one for us to move in one direction. The real problem lies with this integration.

If you go on the Internet, you will find online opportunities everywhere. The truth is, although many of them are fraudulent, the real ones somehow seem unattainable for the majority! Why?

Ironically, before we come to the Why, the real opportunities are often accused by the majority, who have not learned to succeed, as scam programs... causing even more failures to be produced as a result!

Vicious cycle? You bet! You can take away all of a rich man's possessions, and if that rich man has a strong and correct mindset to be rich, he will easily become rich again! If you take away all of a poor man's possessions, he will most probably never get out of the rut unless he manages to change his mindset!

So, the key to succeeding online or even offline is all in the MIND!

One of the proven ways to change your mindset effectively is to learn how to do so by the people who have successfully done that! The good news is that I have found the online place to learn how to break that vicious cycle & it is made unbelievably affordable to anyone who is serious! Reading countless articles and ebooks from many points of view may not be as sufficient as getting yourself educated at Success University and getting true quality guidance and training from the best minds in the world!

Yes, you may learn and earn at the same time, but I would sincerely advise you to focus on learning first if you are one of those who need to get out of the rut! Do not be penny wise pound foolish.

The ciriculum is varied and includes topics on health, leadership, salesmanship, network marketing, and motivation. Wait a minute, no math, history, english, or social studies? Success University is not a traditional educational institution. It is the new wave of online education that teaches you how to think positively, how to live well, and yes how to make money while you learn. It is an affiliate program.

It is an affiliate program with some big gun instructors with multiple years of experience in the practice of success in their fields. You do not see these kinds of instructors in the traditional college or university classroom. They are internet pioneers. For one of the greatest examples of the kind of resources available at Success University, look up Brian Tracy in Google. He is legitamate, powerful and all over the internet.

Success University is affordable considering what it would cost to see these professionals by going to their seminars. The training you will receive will be unlike anything you have experienced in the traditional classroom. What you will learn can be applied to almost any job, career or even life's situations.

In conclusion then, Get your mindset right and you're ready to make it BigTime!

Heres to Your Success Whatever path you choose:)

Jason

alexanderthegreat7, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  2. ronaldmarva

ronaldmarva Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a question of how persevering are you with regard to the achievement of your goals.

ronaldmarva, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  3. zorde

zorde Peon

Best Answers:
    What happens when an intire nation have been educated to have the "I can do and acheive anything mindset"?

When you have millions of Tony Robbins followers all equiped with the mindset of "take action" and "be fearless and optimistic"?

Well .. you get even more people jumping on every crazy opportunity to make money. Because nothing has really changed.. We all desire to get rich quick. Who the hell want's to work hard and get paid slowly when everyone one is raking in the money (at least that is what i perceive, and what I perceive is reality in my universe).

As long as people play lotto, you know that there is a market for "selling dreams and not delivering".

Persistence will ensure you succeed or die trying :)

Getting into any sort of business or venture with the end goal as you motivator is stressfull and likely to make you a failure. Getting into something with the goal of enjoying the journey is rewarding every day.

zorde, Mar 22, 2007 IP
    Jim Guinn and kh7 like this.
  4. TheGrin

TheGrin Peon

Best Answers:
    most of affiliate marketer are part of a long tail where affiliate programs make money. because the big affiliate can sell 1000 pieces per month but it is nothing compare to 10000 small affiliates who make 1 sale per month each... and by the way, there is no ebook that will make you rich because if you know how to make money you are not going to share your secrets.

i've been one of the first people using yahoo answer for my niche and i never told anybody about that. and for a long time i was the only one, now everybody is doing in so any link there looks like spam and they are worth nothing...

TheGrin, Mar 22, 2007 IP
    kh7 likes this.
  5. jonixkonios

jonixkonios Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the best opinion until now in this topic. You are absolutly right thegrin, absolutly!!!!

There are no secrets, only knowledge, intelligence, good oppotunities, free-will, focus and alot of work. That is what makes a business succeed, that's what makes life succeed in every aspect.

People who say "i'll teach you to win money"....please...if someone teachs a method to others is because:
    - the method is overused by that person
    - the person is now very rich and don't need to work no more

No one teach how to really win money, because that is a thing that cannot be passed correctly. What results to one person could not result to other person. It's like life, one guy likes blonds, other likes latinas

jonixkonios, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  6. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How do you know that the affiliate networks affiliate programs are failing to archieve what they want to archieve my checking Google listings. Just because they have listings are Adwords ads doesn't mean a thing. If you were have alot of success, wouldn't you want to get more people to promote your campaigns or bring you more sales. I know I definately would.

Adsense is advertised everywhere, and they are making a shed load of cash.

john269, Apr 1, 2007 IP
  7. Jim Guinn

Jim Guinn Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a great line, zorde!

There are some affiliate principles that you MUST follow if you are going to succeed. Many affiliate marketers might follow one or two of these, but all 7 are essential to success.

Some of these affiliate principles may seem ridiculously obvious, but you would be amazed at how many affiliate marketers either...

• don't know these principles (failure to read and study)
    • skip or skimp on them (take the easy or cheap route)
    • or, ignore them altogether ("I'm going to do it my way.")

...resulting in their own failure or greatly diminished profits. If you are involved in affiliate program marketing and want to greatly improve your results, you must learn and follow these affiliate principles.

1. Successful Affiliate Program Marketing requires work. You must treat it as a job. It is not a pastime. It is not a hobby. It is not a get-rich-quick scheme. It is not a "do nothing, make money" proposition. It requires hard work on your part. The harder you work, the more sales you will make.

2. Successful Affiliate Program Marketing requires financial investments. You must be willing to spend money to make money. You need to spend money on professional training resources, affiliate products for "first hand knowledge", a well-planned and executed website, and solid advertising and marketing strategies. If done properly, your investments will make you huge profits.

3. Successful Affiliate Program Marketing requires education and preparation. You must tap into professional training resources. You need to read and study the proven models. With knowledge of these, you can replicate the success of others and increase your sales.

4. Successful Affiliate Program Marketing requires knowledge of the best affiliate products and merchants. You must closely examine the pros and cons of each you consider. You need to determine which ones will benefit you the most. Quality increases quantity of your sales.

5. Successful Affiliate Program Marketing requires a well-planned and executed website. You must satisfy your viewers and the search engines. You need to gain high rankings and presell your viewers with content-rich information. If you do this properly sales will increase.

6. Successful Affiliate Program Marketing requires constant traffic interested in your message and effective tracking methods. You must attract huge numbers that stay on your website to read your message. You need to know what methods work well and which are wasting your advertising dollar. Happy viewers from reliable sources bring you more sales.

7. Successful Affiliate Program Marketing requires ongoing familiarity with the latest strategies and techniques. You must keep up to date on the cutting edge in the industry. You need to never rest in your quest to be the best. Knowledge is power; power brings you more money.

These are The 7 Principles of the Successful Affiliate Marketer. If you are not prepared to implement them to the best of your ability, you are wasting your time as an affiliate. Do something else! If you are ready to be successful, make a copy of these affiliate principles and affix it to the wall right next to your computer. It will serve as inspiration and a reminder of what you want to accomplish.

Hope this helps someone.

Jim

Jim Guinn, Apr 1, 2007 IP
  8. BusinessEmpire

BusinessEmpire Peon

Best Answers:
    Jim, great post! This is a business. The sooner you stop cutting corners and just get down to putting in real work, you'll see results.

Again, Thanks Jim

BusinessEmpire, Apr 1, 2007 IP
  9. skdigi

skdigi Peon

Best Answers:
    good read, thx for the post. it's so easy to want to throw in the towel but i keep trudgin along!

skdigi, Apr 1, 2007 IP
  10. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, stop cutting corners and you will succeed. Many people think the way to do things to earn quick money is to cut corners. Well doing that, you will never really grow depending on how you cut your corners. For example, some people think that getting a domain, putting it up on the web and then doing black hat seo is good. The fact is, it isn't as your site will get banned from Google. You then get another domain and do the same as the past one and again your domain will only get banned from Google, so you are just banging into a brick wall time and time again and are not getting any further with your sites traffic.

Another one is frauding the affiliate programs and adsense. You may earn some good money and get real traffic to your site, but then you will find that you have wasted a good months worth or 2 of traffic because your affiliate programs account or adsense has been closed because you got caught in the act of cheaping.

So if you do things right and don't cut corners then you will get much further and it will be much quicker.

john269, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  11. Jim Guinn

Jim Guinn Peon

Best Answers:
    So, let me turn around and play Devil's Advocate.

So, BIG FUGIN DEAL....some would say. "I make my moeny and run. I don't care if I have to set everything up from scratch every few months in a new location. I ain't lookin for a "business marraige". I want fast cash! And, I have found the way. I make more than any of you so-called legit marketers will ever make! You are a bunch of losers."

Jim

Jim Guinn, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  12. Jim Guinn

Jim Guinn Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry....must have hit the wrong button when editing the above post. All of a sudden, I had "double-posted". Damn.....I feel like a Newbie!....LOL

Jim

Jim Guinn, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  13. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My post was mainly aimed at people who want to build a nice steady growing business and keep a steady long term income.

Everybody does business in different ways.

john269, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  14. pebbleworm

pebbleworm Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely agree with you. I like to smell the flowers and see the sights. But of course, the other fellas trying to sell something, maybe to reach his goals :D .

pebbleworm, Apr 3, 2007 IP