1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Detailed link page MOD

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Muhammad Haris, Mar 22, 2007.

1. coolweb

coolweb Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's true, there are many other directories using various mods, but the objective is same, in fact ideas and listing styles are almost same.

e.g. http://www.idk.in/detail/link-1636.html using same mod so no one can complaint it as rip off, what that mod is? actually summary of back links, indexed pages etc... from major search engines. I dont find anything bad in it if any directory owner use that kinda mods (if coded in unique way)

coolweb, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  2. hsaleem

hsaleem Rocket!

Best Answers:
    I would only take your responses as a personal grudge because a lot of your fellow DP members are using the same MOD. Could you just let me know why didn't you show up earlier?

hsaleem, Mar 22, 2007 IP
    humm likes this.
  3. NikkiBlue

NikkiBlue Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You said this twice already!

Personally I think that 50% of items on the details page are just extra fluff.

NikkiBlue, Mar 22, 2007 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  4. urlstand

urlstand Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, Saad informed me about this thread, So I am here! I do not know why this controversial thing on a small matter! First of all! What is the definition of uniqueness? and Copyright protection?

Some peoples are arguing that it is ripped of from another directory! More precisely Amit's Directory!

May I ask you something? Getting inspired by something is called ripping? U say If it is ripped off then everybody is ripping!
    We started directory seeing DMOZ yahoo etc, is that ripping, we are adding different, functions, is that ripping? Don't most directory owners are using similar functions? Suppose deep link mod!

Sharing knowledge is not ripping at all, internet is a open place keep your eyes open, and that will make you improve! Whenever Saad requested he wants kind of detail thing in DETAIL page!

I did not rushed for checking any directory! I asked Saad whether any mod is available for that or not! after that we discussed and consult where the mod is available if not available what should be the step! And we took the right step!

Any questions? I am open to answer!

urlstand, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  5. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Let me interject here and define original

http://www.directorydump.com/blogaboutmysite-business-web-directory-link-591.html :)

guys, stop the bickering, please. you see that the actual script you are all using is encoded right? sadly, i know why. :)
    be careful of what you buy and from whom is all I will say about that one all of you other guys are using.

I write my own stuff so I've no worries about having to encode anything.

an0n, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  6. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Seriously, it's not like we have just witnessed the discovery of electricity or something ...

Blogmaster, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  7. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:

So urlstand bye your definition, we are encouraging people to start getting "Inspired" and copy or Rip for example popular mods here, popular themes, just modify then in terms of colors maybe shift right sidebar to left?

WOW so that's my unique idea and I have a unique theme, a unique mod :D ???? So what huh? everyone is Ripping! :)

humm, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  8. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    heh I posted about your directory in the thread as well, but wasn't sure and deleted my post. Welcome to the thread bro! ;)

Blogmaster, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  9. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand the fuss --about all these things. While all directories have similiar things--just some changes here and there--I see no problems.

Now --If somehow it is the same coder --for Amit and Saad--so ???? I think every body here is right in their views --except we should not be fighting.

PEACE--PEACE--PEACE:cool:

jhnrang, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  10. urlstand

urlstand Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I did not say that! Who are the best PHPLD mod Developer? ANON and VSDAN, So far I understand. We are using free mods as well! All are using that!
    I do not understand what is the big deal? Suppose if a mod is dveloped by ANON; he certainly will receive appreciations! All credits and applause will go for him!

There is copyright protection law! If you are so very much concerned about your invention then please put it behind copyright bar! By the way all software you are using is licensed?

If not so... we should stop debate on it !

urlstand, Mar 22, 2007 IP
    humm likes this.
  11. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    hehehehehehehe owwww how true.. weres my faverite smiley,... the one that rolls on the ground grabbing his stomach in lauphter....:D

malcolm1, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  12. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Mike :D

man, I sure as hell am upset about Jamey selling his directory. :/
    i mean, i watched it from its infancy bloom into such a great site.
    damnit!

an0n, Mar 22, 2007 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  13. vegabond

vegabond Shabu Anower

Best Answers:
    I started selling Thumbnail spot on main page at Allthelink first time by phpLD, Seems at this time lot of directory owner selling thumbnail at main page. I never said they ripped my idea ;)

But I think Saad can took the idea from gii and he can do it himself with something unique, that is not that much hard job.

vegabond, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  14. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is why I only used 1 and says in the trademark.

Originally Handcrafted by an0n.

:D

popotalk, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  15. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    By, since Pete(Britishguy for the uninformed) is currently unavailable to post stats