1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my adsense placement

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by LordBP, Mar 21, 2007.

I have had my election site going for a while now so I think its time I get my adsense placement reviewed.

My site is www.theelectionguide.com.

Thanks.

LordBP, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  2. swiftmed

swiftmed Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks just fine, as long as you don't have any images surrounding the ads or anything that encourages people to click on them.

swiftmed, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  3. rgordon83

rgordon83 Peon

Best Answers:
    i would say it could use some work.
    First, from a general design perspective, i would decrease the size of the menu items accross the top. I think they are a bit large. That has nothing to do with adsense, but it should help the look of the site.

also, I would consider taking a look at some of the other election sites for some design ideas. Your site design has a bit of a dated look. I would go for a more modern design look. ( I am not trying to be insulting, just giving constructive criticism).

In terms of adsense, i would for sure put a link unit in the left sidebar right before the copyright info. Also, why not try adding a search unit right above the main text in the body? try it for a few weeks and see what happens.

Also, try and put ads in the body of the text and have the text wrap. do it for a few weeks and track the results. see if it helps your CTR.

The best way to find out what works is to expiriment...

rgordon83, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  4. Vadym

Vadym Peon

Best Answers:
    How long have you had the forum going?

It's a wasteland.

Anyway, yes, Adsense placement blends well enough. The layout itself is a little big. Stretches browser slightly.

Vadym, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  5. libertygone

libertygone Active Member

Best Answers:
    put the skyscraper on the left side. people are used to the menu being there so they more-likely will look at the ads and click them

libertygone, Mar 21, 2007 IP