1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Static pages in every category?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by m0rtal, Mar 19, 2007.

I know there are static page plugins but I'm wondering if anyone has seen something like this.

You have your blog and categories.

Each category has a static page. On that page there is a list of links to posts. Then when someone clicks on the link it takes them to the blog post.

So when you go to the category pages you don't have an x number of posts but just one "post" that links out to each single post page.

Any ideas? Or would this need a custom mod..?

m0rtal, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I have seen it done on some blogs, but with regard to SEO I think just permalinks is sufficient

dcristo, Mar 20, 2007 IP
  3. m0rtal

m0rtal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well here's the issue. I have a site setup using Wordpress and it's basically a free stuff site so I was going to make a post for each "free stuff" listing.

I realized this was a bad idea later as these free offers tend to expire a lot so..what I would prefer to do is have a list of offers under each category which then link out to the single post and I can just edit that one post if the offer expires, etc.

This site was sort of on the sidelines but after having done some inital SEO I realized it started creeping up into the top 100 for a poupular keyphrase so I would like the link structure to remain the same.

m0rtal, Mar 20, 2007 IP
  4. MarRome

MarRome Peon

Best Answers:
    MarRome, Mar 20, 2007 IP
    m0rtal likes this.
  5. m0rtal

m0rtal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I checked that plugin out, not really what I'm looking for though but thanks. I just really want:

Home -> Category Page -> List of posts on one static page for that category -> single post.

m0rtal, Mar 21, 2007 IP