1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How exactly does Google work?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Erind, Mar 18, 2007.

Well, it has been a struggle for me to understand search engines, especially Google.

I have a site that has 350,000 alexa rank and it has none of its pages indexed, not even the site itself.

Then, I have a site that isn't even released to the public yet, and it is in google? wtf?

Jeshil.com - Tinguj.net

I thought backlinks brought attention to google. Jeshil.com has a lot of backlinks, while tinguj.net has only 1, and thats from a site that shows when the domain was bought.

double u tee eff?

Erind, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  2. xenyo

xenyo Peon

Best Answers:
    xenyo, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  3. daykevi

daykevi Peon

Best Answers:
    I am agree with XENYO 30-40 is not a good numer to say "a lot of back links". Try to get morelinks & links from ur relevant site helps to to get top on SERP. Try to put more content & refresh them time to time. Write unique title & description for every pages, No doubt ur site will be on top.

Thanks
    Day Kevi

daykevi, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  4. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If a domain has PR (which yours does) and is not indexed (which yours isn't) then there is a chance that it has been banned. Might want to try a re-inclusion request.

-Michael

mvandemar, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  5. wibr

wibr Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm showing both of those sites in your sig as indexed in google. As stated by everyone else - get way more backlinks.

wibr, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  6. gio

gio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a good unique content is the key if you want your site to be included in google's index.

gio, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  7. pitumbo

pitumbo Peon

Best Answers:
    Stupid newbie question: Michael (or anyone else), how can you tell the domain has a PR ? Are you using the pagerank from google toolbar that only gets updated 3-4 times/yr, or is there another method? Thanks.

pitumbo, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  8. deano6410

deano6410 Guest

Best Answers:
    I have to agree, 30-40 backlinks is nothing these days. Try and get at least 100 ontopic links and go from there.

deano6410, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  9. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I was talking about the toolbar. The fact that it only does get updated periodically is what allows a site to get banned/deindexed, but still show PR. The green stays there until the next PR update even when a site is banned. The fact that the green bar is there, though, shows that at one time Google counted that domain.

Google obviously knew about that site last update. It's not indexed now, but Google did update the backlinks, hence the PR.

Btw, Erind, this can also happen if you bought the domain from someone else, or purchased it expired. If G catches on that a domain is expired (even if it was parked on a template), then it can take some time for it to re-index that page. It might lose the current PR before that happens if that's the case.

-Michael

mvandemar, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  10. pitumbo

pitumbo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for answering my question Michael, that's good to know.

pitumbo, Mar 21, 2007 IP