1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dear adCenter Newbie, You need to know...

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by rideswitch, Mar 16, 2007.

I'm looking at opening an adCenter account to promote a new site (once my paypal bugs are ironed out this week). What is your best advice to this shameless newb?

I have been on the publisher side but never an advertiser.

Thanks guys/gals

rideswitch, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  2. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since when MSN has publisher program?

dshah, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  3. cianuro

cianuro Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, they announced it last week, but I think he means contextual in general.

My best advice to you would be to start small, don't test the same pages as you use adwords/Yahoo! on. MSN brings in a different type of traffic/conversion.

Also, be aware that adcenter are a LOT stricter on their trademark policy.

cianuro, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  4. rideswitch

rideswitch Peon

Best Answers:
    I did mean ppc publishing in general. I have used adsense and kontera for a couple of months now on the pub side, I should have clarified this earlier.

I'm not so worried about copyright issues on my subscription site. It's just ebooks.

How about this... my wife is a director of marketing for a VERY well known finance/life insurance company. We are thinking of doing adcenter and directing to life insurance & retirement account providers through our CJ membership. She is great at writing copy. We can keep in mind the copyright issues. Anyone have experience marketing these types of products through adCenter?

rideswitch, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  5. s_artist

s_artist Peon

Best Answers:
    it was announced recently*

s_artist, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  6. SallyDP

SallyDP Peon

Best Answers:
    I have issues with MSN. I would be very careful!

SallyDP, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  7. rideswitch

rideswitch Peon

Best Answers:
    I read last night that adCenter publishing has just been released but I can't find a place actually at MSN to read about it and sign up. Have you guys?

Sally, what kind of issues do you have with MSN and why should I be careful? I guess this is why I started the thread. I like real people input.

BTW I just signed up for your authority profits report. I'm curious.

rideswitch, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  8. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't forget to use the coupon code "AFF07" to get $50 free to start out with :)

SolutionX, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  9. rideswitch

rideswitch Peon

Best Answers:
    I will. I have seen coupons for $100 - $200 in free clicks though in the banner ads but I can't find them.

Do you receive affiliate credits for you for using this coupon code? If so i'd be happy to give you my referral.

rideswitch, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  10. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I don't use adCenter, I just saw a banner for that code the other day in statcounter. If you go directly to the adCenter site, the bonus listed there is only $25, so they might have scaled back how much they offer to $25 and $50 now, I think that $50 code is good until some time in April though.

SolutionX, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  11. rideswitch

rideswitch Peon

Best Answers:
    Well thanks for the heads up.

I was wondering what cianuro is talking about when he/she said MSN brings in a different type of traffic. I know shoemoney says that they tend to draw traffic that converts more often as opposed to adsense which sends a lot of "curiosity clicks". What do you think?

I was going to do adCenter but wondering if adwords is a better option? I wish I could get some feedback on the difference.

rideswitch, Mar 20, 2007 IP