1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

All I do with adwords is lose money and keep losing again.

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by tradeepak, Mar 17, 2007.

I spend money in adwords to promote affiliate links from CJ. But initially i lost lot of money. But after seeing the posts here, i again try and then lose. A lot of clicks, no leads. Then I become calm for two weeks and again try to lose.

It shouldn't go like this. I am missing something.

I really wanna earn thru adwords by promoting affiliate links...

You people here.. Please start me off with something nice.

Thanks a lot!

tradeepak, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  2. bjgolf

bjgolf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People most DEF profit from Adwords! However it is REALLY hard to get started. There is so much comp. that you WILL loose money to begin with.

I get really frusterated sometimes, but the money does come. I am not really with CJ, but do you get the EPC from your account manager? Never bid higher than the EPC and your bound to make money if you test your campaign over and over....and the again. Keep trying you will get it!

bjgolf, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  3. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    With Adwords, there's a lot of ways to do it wrong... and a few ways to do it right. It's easily possible that certain key aspects of your campaigns or ads are ever so close but just slightly missing their goal in terms of connecting with the buying audience.

While you don't need to disclose all your keywords and ad groups and such, would you mind giving us a little better understanding of how your campaigns are set up, so that we might give you some feedback? This could potentially be helpful in determining how to improve your profitability.

-T

Telmari, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  4. Arclight

Arclight Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll have to spend some time/money determining exactly how much you can make for an Adwords click to a particular CJ merchant. The advice about EPC's right on, and also make sure you are using very targeted keywords, and excluding irrelevant keywords. Broad keywords can cost you a lot of money for low or no conversions. Targeted keywords + decent traffic + good conversions at the right price is what you're aiming for. It can take a while to find that combination but once you do your work is done! (Well, until Google starts jacking up the minimum bids...but let's not worry about that for now.) Good luck!

Arclight, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  5. Michelangelo

Michelangelo Peon

Best Answers:
    it depends on many factors, that influence your success. just post, how do you designed your adwords campaign, which keywords are you targetting (and how many)? How is the competition for your key words. Please explain in detail.

Michelangelo, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  6. dog_24

dog_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    dog_24, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  7. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    This is what exactly happened to me. So I learn that I should stop using broad keywords.

So can u suggest some ebooks which bring me good knowledge on the so called 'advanced techniques' ?

Thanks

tradeepak, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  8. arie_ds

arie_ds Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to use adwords to earn money. Initially, I promote almost all affilate products I am in with with adwords, until I begin to realize that only small number of affiliate products which people click and order. I still remember, from all my campaigns there were two kind of affiliate products which gave me very nice income, I'll let you know those two: medicine (drugs) prescription and Finding old friends, classmates etc. (sort of reunion things).

So, I kept focusing on those two, and of course gained net money. In my opinion, you should not give up and keep tracking on your campaigns, and finding out which one is the most generating money for you...

Cheer up!!

arie_ds, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  9. roy77

roy77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe theres something wrong with the product, or the landing page?

roy77, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  10. EGLOBALMOGULS

EGLOBALMOGULS Active Member

Best Answers:
    Theres a couple of things you should anaylize.
    What is your product?
    How big is its market?
    Is it converting for other people that use clickbank, paydotcom, or etc?
    What are there conversions ratios?

Was you have a good product now see how much keywords are selling for that product? If they are 5 dollars per word and you making 15$ i would stay away. At this point you trying to find specific keywords and keywords combination that would work for for pennies instead of the higher costing keywords. Your job is still not over. Test drive different keywords and there acutall conversions till you find which one converts. Then you have a winner.

Most of all the adwords i use at this moment are out of country. Google here in U.S. the competition is to strong for alot of keywords. So if you have a national product also advertise in other countries.

EGLOBALMOGULS, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  11. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    Looks like experience is the key and here experience is a costly affair.

tradeepak, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  12. widewebtalk

widewebtalk Peon

Best Answers:
    Adwords it was like the Bermuda triangle to me i just kept losing my cash in it without results. I think it can work wonders but with everything it is getting the correct strategy there is many ebooks out there on this i have tried a few but still did not get the hang of it so i scrapped using it.

Have you tried exact-seek it is $12 for 3 month with the sponsored results i have had 12 click in 2 weeks.

widewebtalk, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  13. SallyDP

SallyDP Peon

Best Answers:
    That is exactly what I was going to tell you. Sometimes the experience is more expensive than you planed. Good luck!

SallyDP, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  14. muncher

muncher Member

Best Answers:
    keep us updated pak... would love to hear how your story turns out

muncher, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  15. glink1

glink1 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try to reduce number of clicks from freebe hunters by adding price
    to your ad:
    For example:

Cosmetic for $3,99
    Buy them now.

This should reduce your CTR but increase your Conversion rate

glink1, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  16. musiclover

musiclover Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would be wise for you to read the perrymarshall adwords guide and try out great tricks and apply it instead of wasting money. And also, if you are not collecting e-mails on your landing page than do it. Just provide visitors with a small 5-15 page report and include the links of the affiliate program you want to promote inside the content. You can write it yourself or hire a ghost writer to do it. By the way, you can promote any program later if you have the contact. This system works great. Try it out!

musiclover, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  17. Arclight

Arclight Peon

Best Answers:
    I should qualify that advice a little bit - I can and have made money off broad keywords, but only when I could get them dirt cheap. 1 conversion from 500 broad KW clicks @ 5 cents is just as good as one from 100 targeted clicks @ 25 cents. Just set a very low cap on what you'll pay for those broad terms, track them separately from the targeted ones, and be ready to shut them down in a hurry if they're still not converting. The place to be most cautious with broad terms is in small, no-name PPC services which often make their money generating junk clicks off them in pop-ups, spam, and assorted crapware.

Arclight, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  18. Rapesco

Rapesco Peon

Best Answers:
    I would also check your landing page and see what other people are doing to get ideas, with all those clicks someone ought to have bought the product unless the landing page is not very good.

Rapesco, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  19. noobie2shoes

noobie2shoes Peon

Best Answers:
    EPC...I am assuming Estimated cost of a click.

Where can I find that in AdWords. In the Edit Keywords section ?

My overall Estimated Overall CPC is between 18c & 23c for all my keywords. Are you saying I should make my max 23c for all my words ?

Also there are some Keywords which have minimum bid of 6c. I currently have all my words at 25c. Should I slowly decrease Keywords amounts 1c at a time until somethins goes wrong ?

noobie2shoes, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  20. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    I am trying to get that Perry Marshall's guide. I would be happy if someone helps me

tradeepak, Mar 19, 2007 IP