1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

help me make a decision

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by devin, Mar 17, 2007.

currently i have two paypal accounts, one in the US and one in my home country. the one in the US is personal, the other premier. i am thinking of having only one premier.

which would be a better choice? discard the personal one, or downgrade the premier and then upgrade the personal? i am going to be in the US for a few years.

devin, Mar 17, 2007 IP
    8everything likes this.
  2. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    If your stay in the US is not permanent and you already have a premier account from your home country, I would say use that one instead. But before you do so, write to Paypal, tell them that you be in the US for that range of time so that they will be able to note that in your account. This will prevent your account from being limited when they suspect someone else accessing your paypal account.

I do that whenever I travel and it worked well for me.

eddy2099, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  3. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    what about tax issues?

devin, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  4. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it would depend on the country you are from as it would vary from country to country.

Most country would require you to pay income tax at where you earn the income at. Your tax residency test would be determined if you stayed more than 1/2 a year in that country and if so, you pay taxes there. Of course, there are countries which have different rules.

Check that of the US and your home country.

eddy2099, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  5. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    if my account is USed, do i need to pay taxes? i'm not a resident.

i just remembered that i cannot add a US address in my premier account, so if i buy from ebay i need to use my personal account since they won't ship to unconfirmed addresses.

devin, Mar 18, 2007 IP