1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Testing my ads are showing up?

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by martindell, Aug 26, 2004.

Ok, I'm all set up, I'm displaying ads, my account is activated - is there a way to make sure my ads are showing up on other sites?

I've mooched around some of the posters sites and hit refresh a lot (not sure whether I'll be thanked for that or not) but I guess there's a more predictable way of testing?

Thanks in advance,
    Martin

martindell, Aug 26, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's such a strange question every time I hear someone ask it. :) That implies you think I'm that bad of a programmer that there is some bug in the code that leaves your ads out.

If your account is active, and your ads are enabled, they are in the rotation.

If you really want to go through all the ads randomly to find one of yours, you could hit the ad server directly I suppose over and over, but it seems pointless if you ask me (and even more pointless as time goes on since the network is getting pretty big in size).

A better way IMO is check your HTTP logs for click-throughs, or query Yahoo in a week or so with the linkdomain: query and see if you are reporting more links or not.

digitalpoint, Aug 26, 2004 IP
  3. martindell

martindell Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll search better next time before I post

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2384

4. martindell

martindell Peon

Best Answers:
    No suspicion intended. I'm not a coder and am constantly amazed that any of this works, ever.

My nearest comparison is from reciprocal link networks where reciprocation needs to be tested because often it's not.

However, I shall have faith in the network and examine my logs :)

5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well feel free to reload direct against the ad server, but that will become less and less practical over time, as there is already getting close to 1,000 ads in the network.

digitalpoint, Aug 26, 2004 IP