1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PLR eBooks : How profitable is this business ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by eddy2099, Mar 16, 2007.

Well, I am asking this because yesterday my mum went to one of those Internet Marketing Conference and there was a guy who was selling a business opportunity for US$288 which would teach her how to sell eBooks to be a millionaire. These would be the typical ebooks which are on sale for $19.95 or $97 or $297.

I believe this is one of those ebooks which are probably Public Labelled.

How saturated is this business ? Is it really profitable ? Assuming the ebook being sold is 'How to be an Internet Millionaire' ? Does the tips really work ? Do you experience chargeback, refund requests or even people suing you because the tips don't work ?

How easy it is to run such a business and how easy is it to get to be rich ?

I am kind of skeptical about this though but then again, I guess I can be really wrong in my doubt.

Thanks

eddy2099, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a pretty typical scam product... the second it tells you you can become a "millionaire" then run. Like any business, it's going to take hard work. There's writing, there's marketing, there's selling, and there's administrative work.

jhmattern, Mar 16, 2007 IP
    eddy2099 likes this.
  3. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's what I pretty much thought. I tried telling her that but it appears that the friends she mixes with have been brainwashing her into investing in those MLM and HYIP programs.

I believe that those who made it rich would probably not go around sharing their secrets. The other time I got to know someone on the web who wanted to market one of his ebook, typically about making online money and wanted me to give him a screenshot of my paypal balance so that he could photoshop it to lend credibility to his product.

I mean if I am that rich and that money hungry, I doubt I will give out my secrets so easily.

Thanks for the your feedback. I appreciate it.

jhmattern likes this.
  4. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    They get rich by selling these kinds of crap ebooks to others, and then cutting them in on it in a way. ;) They basically use you. If you don't want to work, you won't likely get rich online (or unless you have a hell of an idea that's never been done before). :) That's not to say you can't make money selling PLR products. I'd say have her create her own site or informational product rather than selling someone else's, but that's just me. :)

jhmattern, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  5. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess there are people out there who wants to get rich quick so this kind of ebooks may appeal to them. So it may work. :)

6. AnaB

AnaB Peon

Best Answers:
    PLR books can actually perform well when done right. The problem is that, when too many people sell or try to sell the same thing to too many people, it loses its value. What you can instead do is offer limited resale rights..which means, people buy your book (normal infoproduct business) and then you offer them to "upgrade" for a fee (this fee will be something you calculate to maximize your own profit and the profit of your customers). That way it's not floating around millions of resale right sites and doesn't get into hands of people who haven't paid and therefore don't attach any value to the book..

Refunds are a part of business. It's your job as a marketer to make honest promises and deliver more than you've promised for in the sales page to minimize refunds.

Best,

Ana

AnaB, Mar 17, 2007 IP
    eddy2099 likes this.
  7. jim0504

jim0504 Guest

Best Answers:
    PLR can be great if you take the time to add to them and make them unique. They work the same way as any other e-book.

That said - what you are talking about sounds like a scam to me. Just another get rich quick scheme.

James

jim0504, Mar 17, 2007 IP
    eddy2099 likes this.
  8. npennington

npennington Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, this could work. However, it's a lot harder than that company made it sound. It's all about positioning. You can sell the same ebook as someone else for more money and sell more copies depending all on positioning (and of course, the promotional efforts).

npennington, Mar 18, 2007 IP
    eddy2099 likes this.
  9. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. That confirms what I know. The guy who was selling the program was claiming that you can start a brand new site, spend almost no money and be able to make money and sales each time someone visit your website.

I told my mum that a brand new website just do not get 'known' right away to anyone and everyone. Then search engines would take their time to list you if you submit your site details to them and probably you start at the bottom of the food chain. It is going to take a lot of work and probably a lot of investment in advertising if you are looking for a quick pace recognition by the market.

There is definitely nothing which can make quick money unless it is something illegal or too-good-to-be-true claims. I guess the get-rick-quick scheme can work as it may prey on the naive who earn for massive wealth.

eddy2099, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  10. Oriane

Oriane Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, these PLR ebook often end up on eBay for a few pennies or in marketing giveaway within a few months. Not the best way to build a long-term business...

Oriane, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  11. npennington

npennington Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes . . . but if you package it with some good bonuses (originals you made, perhaps screen capture videos), you can still sell a PLR ebook for dollars while it is selling for pennies on ebay.

Also, it depends who you are marketing to. If you're marketing to people new the the internet, they won't know about cheap ebooks on ebay.

npennington, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  12. Oriane

Oriane Peon

Best Answers:
    Indeed, you cannot put your whole focus on the PLR ebook itself except if you already have a good market in mind. But then, most of the people they focus when they sell those "ready-made" business don't have something like that in mind, and they're not selling it that way. But yes, PLR ebooks still have their uses.

Oriane, Mar 19, 2007 IP