1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Traffic Secrets

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by glasshalffull, Jul 28, 2005.

Does anyone have John Reese's Traffic secrets program/course? What do you think of it? Is it worth the price? Do you recommend anything similar?

thanks

glasshalffull, Jul 28, 2005 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    things like hit the highway before everyone else and you'll get to work quicker?
    don't speed and you won't get ticketed?
    does it include parking?

do you have a link for these traffic secrets?

sarahk, Jul 28, 2005 IP
    Smyrl and jlawrence like this.
  3. glasshalffull

glasshalffull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I'm not quite sure what you wrote.....were you joking? Here's the site www.trafficsecrets.com

4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    'course I was. Not that I'd heard of that particular character but this thread started out in general chat not general marketing - and when I visited his site it crashed my computer :mad:

The format of his site is enough to have you running for the hills. You want to know the best traffic secret? have a site worth visiting!

Sarah

Attached Files:

sarahk, Jul 28, 2005 IP
  5. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The information I am about to give you, you should pay me 10X whatever that guys is charging for his book... wait for it....

read these forums...

NewComputer, Jul 28, 2005 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. glasshalffull

Best Answers:

the forums never made it, can you please resend. With a statement like that, you have my attention.

thanks

7. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    glasshalfEMPTY :eek: - you are on the forum now read them is what he meant.

He wasn't sending you anywhere - you are here at DP............. :)

debunked, Jul 28, 2005 IP
  8. letsmakeamillion

letsmakeamillion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the only purpose of traffic secrets is to make John Reese rich... which it already did...

letsmakeamillion, Jul 28, 2005 IP
  9. Klaas Koopman

Klaas Koopman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes he will just say, DO thesame as I DID! Pretend like you are a genius, knowing how to get traffic, and sell an ebook about this. Then publish it on the internet and you'll get traffic!

Klaas Koopman, Jul 29, 2005 IP
  10. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    *sigh*

It may be too late for you my friend... the internet buzz related to SEO and SEM may have already consumed your brain.

The guy selling that book (if it isn't you plugging your own book) probably read these forums, jotted down 100 great things that anyone can find here, and then is planning to resell them to you. So, either way, you will read these forums... I just suggest saving the money and reading here for free.

NewComputer, Jul 29, 2005 IP
  11. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmm, (free) traffic secrets:
    1) write a website about things people search for.
    2) optimize said website.
    3) promote said website until #1 in Google SERPs.
    4) watch traffic roll in.
    5) Repeat 4) for different keywords.

What more is there to it.
    Oh, I forgot you can pay for traffic using pop unders/overs and then there's adwords and the ilk.

jlawrence, Jul 29, 2005 IP
  12. stimpsy

stimpsy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Build a site with content, get links pointing to your website, add content, get links, eat, get links.

When you'll think you have become a form processing machine, you should see some traffic :)

stimpsy, Jul 29, 2005 IP
  13. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Actually there is probably some good stuff in his course, I didn't buy it but bought a similar course. "Stomping the Search Engines" by Andy Jenkins and Brad Fallon which was a lot cheaper. It consists of 10 CD's.
    I listened to it a few months ago before I found Digital Point and I knew next to nothing about SEO and web marketing.
    As a newbie I found it great even though I didn't understand a lot of it.

Now a major coincidence has occurred, today I had a 6 hour drive in front of me and at the last minute I grabbed the cd set and listened to it as I drove.
    Now I have seen it said so many times that reading the forum will give you all the information you need so you don't have to pay for these courses.
    That's true, up to a point, however from searching a forum you find fragmented pieces of information then you usually get sidetracked as the thread changes course.

What I hadn't noticed or forgot until I got listening to the CD today is that it took me step by step through the various processes of SEOing a website in an orderly manner, something that I found impossible to do from searching the forum.
    I thought I new most of the stuff on the CD which is why I haven't listened to it for months but I found little gems everywhere that I can use to tweak my sites. There were even a couple of Google adwords (which I think I know everything about :( ) tips that I hadn't seen anywhere else and they will come in very useful.

So for me, not a novice anymore but maybe at intermediate level I found a lot of useful information from going over this course again and I think I will find more when I go through it again in another 3/6 months time.

As for John Reese's Traffic Secrets, now I am curious about what is in it and might pick up a copy on ebay ..... if I find one cheap enough :D .

The more information at hand the better job you will do.

Cyclops, Jul 29, 2005 IP
    tradefor likes this.
  14. glasshalffull

Best Answers:
    NewComputer,

I apologize....I had trouble understanding what you wrote, my fault. I want to make it clear that I'm not affilliated with "Traffic Secrets" in any way, shape, or form. I'm just trying to get my sites up and running (reading Tom Antion's new book and the late Corey Rudl's information as well) and I was curious about Reese's course. My apologies again.

Debunked,

There's no need to be sarcastic. I was just asking a question from someone who is not as up to speed in IM as you and most of the DP members. That's why I'm asking to get caught up and cut down the learning curve for myself.

thanks,

glasshalffull, Jul 29, 2005 IP
  15. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I was having fun with your name, cause you sounded a little, how should I put this,.... blonde for the moment.

Don't take offense, to my comments please, I didn't mean to offend. (smilies added for that purpose) Anyways, I think you got some great input from this thread to help you on your way.

debunked, Jul 29, 2005 IP
  16. glasshalffull

Best Answers:
    WOW.....how did you know I was blond :D and Polish to top that off. LOL I guess I'm gonna have to study twice as hard to keep up with everyone in DP. LOL

Your right though....I would like to thank you and everyone else for there advice on this subject. Excellent reply Cyclops.

glasshalffull, Jul 29, 2005 IP
  17. bagman101

bagman101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Courses like that are a lot fo money usually - if you get a pen and paper and search DP, sitepoint and dnsforums you will be able to make your own pretty good plan with lots of tips and tricks.

bagman101, Jul 31, 2005 IP
  18. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess you pay for this to get tips and tricks condensed techniques. I would rather pay 100$ for a condensed list of good tips than browsing a forum full of useless posts.

tomzx, Mar 13, 2006 IP
    Option6 likes this.
  19. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    but how do you fill up a course or CD set with this basic info? there must be alot of padding, case studies, motivational, feel good stuff rather than the guts of the subject.

sarahk, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  20. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm rather new to this but I just checked the main website, viewed their preview flash movies and there was some nice tips and explanations. It says it's suppose to be advanced stuff but I could feel it's rather general instead of advanced, it's just that people really don't know how this stuff works...

tomzx, Mar 13, 2006 IP