1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Absolutely tanked!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by e10, Mar 16, 2007.

I don't understand it. Three years of regular AS income. No fireworks but stable as a rock. Fine.

I usually average about $60 a day. It's been about 50% for a week now and so far today - a heady 0.75 cents at midday. Total. WHAT?

The ads I see are as relevant as they always were though I get peculiar ads served when I do the AS preview. Would anyone mind taking a look and tell me what ads you are seeing. (First site in the sig).

Traffic is normal, SERPS normal. I am used to the occasional down cycle but less than $1 for half a day?

Help me stem this bleeding please.

e10, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  2. ric6000

ric6000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, i see villas, rent a car etc...
    Smart Pricing effect ?

ric6000, Mar 16, 2007 IP
    e10 likes this.
  3. fluid

fluid Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can see "hotels in tenerife", "tenerife apartments", "low cost tenerife hotels" etc Basically the ads are properly targetted to your site. Maybe you're having one of those bad days.

Hope your income gets back to normal.

fluid, Mar 16, 2007 IP
    e10 likes this.
  4. KingofKings

KingofKings Banned

Best Answers:
    Are you still getting the same amount of clicks?

My point is maybe your clicks got alot cheaper.

KingofKings, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  5. harrychoochoo

harrychoochoo Peon

Best Answers:
    I see relevant ads too. Nice site by the way :)

My stats haven't moved for a couple of hours and are way behind my awstats. Could that be the problem?

I hope so.....

harrychoochoo, Mar 16, 2007 IP
    e10 likes this.
  6. MatthewN

MatthewN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's possible the adsense stats are a little behind. Is your CTR still the same on what you have received so far today?

MatthewN, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  7. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay guys,

Thanks all for looking. At least I know that the site is not showing ads for spaghetti machines in bavaria or whatever.

Harrychoochoo, I really hope you are right for today, though I still can't explain the drop over the last week. I was just giving it time to bounce back. You know I've made two significant changes recently...

1. added AS code to a DW template and updated some of my old content into the template file. The site is an old dinodsaur and isn't even on templates never mind CMS.

2. marked a number of channels for advertisers.

I am tempted to go an uncheck those boxes and rip everything back out the templates. :(

e10, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  8. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My CTR has tanked too. it would seem to be recording imps but maybe not CTR? Same site, same ads, same serps, the worst CTR, ecpm and earnings in three years.

e10, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  9. Trippen

Trippen Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe go fixed width on your site. That would bring you 160x600 closer to the content on higher resolution monitors. ( Just about all LCD) Ads are targeted well.

Trippen, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  10. adleym

adleym Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean when you say "marked channels for advertisers?"

adleym, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  11. Bluesfear

Bluesfear Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    about 4-5 days my earnings also went down by about 1/3, but its not the first time. I bet it will pick back up in a week or 2

Bluesfear, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  12. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    adleym,

I mean when given the option to check the Targeting box to show channels to advertisers, I ticked the box to do so.

Ironically, I removed almost all ads from a secondary site. It has hardly any traffic anyway so I thought I'd clear that out of there and did that yesterday.

While my main site stats have plummeted, the single AS block that is left on my baby site is doing better today than it ever has, making more from one click than it did on any day with AS blocks on 30 or so pages. Where is that head-banging icon when you need it?

e10, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  13. qwerty100

qwerty100 Guest

Best Answers:
    Has your traffic changed significantly?

qwerty100, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  14. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:

How much do you normally make $60 a day from in terms of clicks? How many clicks did you get today. Are we talking about a collapse in CTR or cpc, or both?

qwestcommunications, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  15. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Well the day ended at just over $17 :( A lot better than $0.75 but still dismal.

Traffic has not changed significantly Qwerty. Impressions a little down but not by much. CTR down, eCPM down, overall earnings worst day ever.

I don't want to get into specific numbers Qwest. I wasn't too worried originally thinking that this was a normal downturn and it would bounce back. For the moment, it just keeps getting worse

This morning looks better but it has been quite a wake up call.

Question is, what do I do about it? Remove all average impression, low CTR, low eCPM adblocks? Or leave it all alone for another week to see if it has just been a blip?

I would like to replace anything I remove with blocks from Adbrite or Bidvertiser but I doubt I'd end up with ads as relevant as AS serves.

e10, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  16. prilep

prilep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah my earnings are down too. Don't know whats going on, but looking in to it.

- Prilep :D

prilep, Mar 17, 2007 IP