1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Directories- Overrated or Traffic Magnet?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by pedia7, Mar 15, 2007.

I've been hearing so much about using articles to promote your site. How effective are article directories in terms of bringing traffic to your site.

Thanks,
    Pedia7

pedia7, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  2. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I've experimented with this. I created a free Wordpress site and put a press release for my website on it (nothing more). I get traffic from it every day. It's very sparse, but it is working.

Pixelrage, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  3. CraigslistGuy

CraigslistGuy Banned

Best Answers:
    Article directories, of course high PR articles directories, boost your ranking in two major ways - your links in the resource box give you higher SE rankings and readers can search for your article, read it and follow up to your site.

CraigslistGuy, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  4. Bombaywala

Bombaywala Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends what kind of article you write/publish. A good article published on a high traffic site is bound to bring you some traffic. People submit them to whole bunch of sites to increase back links which in turn can help you rank well in SEs. Summarizing it, article submission definitely works.

Bombaywala, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  5. steveb

steveb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles directories are extremely strong, especially the older and more popular ones. Take for example, ezinearticles; I see their articles all over the SERPs. And, these article pages often carry high PRs.

steveb, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  6. AnaB

AnaB Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is definitely not just write and submit and get traffic. There are lots of things that you will learn merely by experience. You'll see what kind of titles pull more traffic, what kind of articles bring visitors what kind bring visitors who are willing to buy and so on. It's definitely not, submit one article and you get 200 visitors a day technique. It takes tweaking, tracking and analyzing but it's worth it. One of the cool things is you can test your headline and copywriting skills and see what brings results all while doing this. There's lots more to article writing than writing one or buying one and submitting to 2-3 or even 100's of directories.

But in the end, it does work if you are consistent and persistent.

Best,

Ana

AnaB, Mar 15, 2007 IP
    8everything likes this.
  7. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    AnaB is right, it's not just write and submit...here's a 4 ways you can get the most out of your article marketing:

1. Work with the top directories only. Don't ever forget ezine, it's the most important one.
    2. Article length should be between 300-500 words. If it's longer it should be split into different parts.
    3. Your title needs to attract attention and get clicks. Oftentimes your title is the only thing that differentiates your articles from all the rest, so make it good.
    4. Give close attention to your resource box. Make it persuasive and be sure sure your anchor links are targeted keywords, it wil help SE ranking.

aletheides, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  8. ez-online-money.com

ez-online-money.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is my primary form of (free) advertising. I can't afford to pay anything for advertising, as sad as that sounds, so I really on article marketing.

Some of the many benefits:

High quality article directories (like ezine, goarticles, etc.) will bring a lot of reads to your articles if they are well written.

People who like your articles can republish them on their sites, blogs, etc. They are obligated to include your resource box.

Article marketing can build links exponentially for your site, if you know what you're doing.

In short: article directories are very effective for generating free traffic :D

ez-online-money.com, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  9. omecool

omecool Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is true. I have read about the use of article directories that can bring traffic to your site. But, as the fellow commenters have said, it must be relevant articles and popular article directories.

omecool, Mar 16, 2007 IP