1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense banning only low-end publishers?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by spdude, Jul 22, 2005.

1. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    Post what here?

spdude, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  2. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dont be so quick to disregard illegal clicks on a forum. No, it might not be your friend doing it, but a disgruntled forum member or two can quickly end your adsense hopes with a few clicks of the mouse everyday.

If you have a low performing account and you removed all ads from your sites until you were getting more visitors, would you still be a candidate for google's culling?

longroad, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  3. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Google just kicked out another low-end publisher, me :p Read more..

This is just so unfair. I get dropped, when people that have actually ASKED ME to click on their ads have gotten to keep their adsesne account and have been paid by them. *sigh*

Josh

Josh, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  4. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    Josh,

Based on what I've seen from you thus far, I seriously think that a few years down the road you could easily be making more than any top member here. It's a very big shame what Google is doing.

Given the current situation, I agree totally with Critters and others.. that new publishers should be a bit patient and not even add adsense code to their sites until they have a decent amount of traffic already coming in (just waiting to be monitized), thus lifting them out from the "low-end publisher" category right from the outset.

spdude, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  5. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:

I would say with a high level of confidence that does not happen. If you click on your own site it doesn't even register, they know who you are... They discard them automatically. So even if you had few hits, that is unlikely to get you banned. What is likely to get you banned is someone that lives down the block from you clicking on your ads all the time exhibiting unusual traffic patterns and behavior. Like the guy who got banned because unknown to him his friend was clicking on his ads to help him out. Such things are probably fairly easy to identify.

I will state flat out I am new hear, but I have paid a lot of attention and I have gone through and at least skimmed every thread on these boards and other places. The evidence doesn't support the hysteria peopel continue to promote about getting kicked out of adsense. I have seen a few people get reinstated and they have very similar characteristics, as do the people who seem to get banned.

People are free to believe that Google just bans people without cause and without reason, but it is another thing to spread that unsupported theory to others as it is some kind of fact. Like I told the original poster earlier, it is irresponsible.

As for people and their friends, I can think of only a handful of people who would not lie to me if I asked them to be truthful. People will lie, even to those they feel close to especially if telling the truth paints them in a bad light. It is human nature. So the fact that a friend says he didn't do anything or doesn't know what could be wrong, doesn't really mean anything.

aeiouy, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  6. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    No offense Josh, as I have seen your posts and I agree that you have huge potential being able to accomplish what you have at your age, but your were banned once before for violating the terms of service, and in hindsight you admit that you were in violation of the terms of service.

It is certainly not a stretch to think you might have "forgotten" about some other breach, and it is also not unreasonable to think they would not pay extra close attention to someone who was banned before and let back in. You would expect to be under extra close scrutiny.

If you truely feel you did nothing wrong, then I suggest you pursue it with Google if you are so inclined. I don't believe you were banned for a second time for being a low-end publisher any more than I believe the friend of the original poster was banned for such a thing.

The only pattern I see is that people who potentially violated the TOS and were low-end publishers got banned. Perhaps if people are going to violate the TOS they should wait until they have more traffic so it is not as obvious.

I have never seen anyone come forth and say Google Banned Me and I deserved it. If people post about it, the first claim is always innocence and outrage. Josh, you did such in your first thread, yet you did break the Terms of Service.

Can Google's communications be improved on these issues? It seems like they have a lot of room for improvement there. But the idea that people are now trying to scare people away from Adsense by claiming they are running off low-end publishers is not helpful nor beneficial to the community.

aeiouy, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  7. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    I know a couple of high end publishers who got booted. So its not just the "little guys" Tho they did both get back on after many emails.

Case closed :)

Critters, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  8. Worldwid

Worldwid Peon

Best Answers:
    Damn critters, why did you post that, I was feeling invincible.

Worldwid, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  9. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey, that's all I needed :)

It was just an observation I saw over and over.. so it looked to me as something which can only happen to small guys. Purpose of the thread was to see, if that was really the case. Now we know it isn't... yup, case closed.

spdude, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  10. Worldwid

Worldwid Peon

Best Answers:
    But I wish it was true :(

Worldwid, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  11. claypage

claypage Peon

Best Answers:
    My site barely makes anything. I put up the ads in the first place just to see how I'd do. The first few months (back in October) I was doing fairly well. However, I went a good 6 months before I got another check. I'm no super advertiser, but I haven't heard anything from google. I'm not breaking any rules. Perhaps there was some obscure part of the TOS that was broken to get you all booted.

Matt

claypage, Jul 27, 2005 IP