1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Editor Applications

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by lmocr, Feb 23, 2007.

1. compostannie

compostannie Peon

Best Answers:
    Reinstatement is only for editors who have timed out or who have resigned by their choice. Reinstatement is not an option for fired or removed editors.

compostannie, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  2. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    So this page is wrong? :rolleyes:
    http://dmoz.org/reinstate.html

They should really update pages at DMOZ once in a while it seems that everything on them is no longer valid. :p

Ivan Bajlo, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  3. compostannie

compostannie Peon

Best Answers:
    I could be wrong, but I'd imagine that's something that would have to be done first, before bitching about it in forums.

You could try it, but I seriously doubt they'd reconsider the removal of anyone who concentrates on bashing the ODP rather than using the form as a point of contact in attempting to work out any problems. I'm not a meta, but if I were, I'd deny reinstatement for any removed editor who reacted like that. :rolleyes:

So no, this page is not wrong.
    http://dmoz.org/reinstate.html

Try understanding what you're complaining about before you say such a silly thing. The page is fine as is.

NOTE: Maybe it would have been more accurate (but not as nice) to say reinstatement is not an option for Ivan or helleborine. I apologize for trying to be nice at the expense of accuracy.

4. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    No, real bitching on the forum come much later after my removal, its all in the posts and few private messages to former senior editor... ;)

If you were Meta you would know the REAL reasons for removal and have entirely different perspective on entire thing but since we shall probably never know reason for removal and even blind men would see that even Marine Expeditionary Force couldn't get me back in all that is left for me to do is bitching on the forums (at lest until Metas get bored and reveal the reason). :p

Ivan Bajlo, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  5. compostannie

compostannie Peon

Best Answers:
  6. threebuckchuck

threebuckchuck Peon

Best Answers:
    First you know the reason you were removed and you could tell us but you choose not to and if you have somewhere, I've missed it.

Next, nowhere in this text from the reinstatement form, does it say that removed editor accounts can or will be reinstated. I take the bolded part of that text to mean that if you removed your account or had asked someone to remove your account it may be reinstated.

Seems obvious to me but I am used to working with people who can't see the obvious.

threebuckchuck, Mar 14, 2007 IP
    compostannie likes this.
  7. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    :( Good ones always go first... one of the reasons I've stopped having pets for a while, they had bad tendency to die/get sick around me - must be some bad vibes I keep spreading.

No I don't, I got warning for revealing content of two notes, now if I did something stupid like revealed editors name I would have removed me myself, second part of the warning was about alleged self-promotion fabricated on few words dissected from my posts here - so a guy who had 9 deeplinks in DMOZ before he even become an editor and then added almost 500 "competitors" websites to previously dead categories is self-promoting??? Anyone believing that is a MORON! :mad:

I must be first editor accused of self-promotion for adding and cooling "competitors" - stupid me, if I kept my mouth shut I could have kept adding my websites for years to come and not even bother and waste my nights searching for "competitors". :mad:

Since my edit logs provide zero evidence of abuse only thing left as reason is that I have become liability since it would be impossible for Metas to control me in Croatian category since none of them understand a word there and simplest solution was to remove me - who would notice few more dead categories anyway. :(

I'm not native English speaker so purposely removed might have different meaning to me.

Ivan Bajlo, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  8. threebuckchuck

threebuckchuck Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know what happened here, http://www.digitalnafotografija.net/ but it looks like a squirel or something ran across your keyboard while you were making THAT site. The others in your sig look o.k. though.

threebuckchuck, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  9. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    That website I've started with my buddy (I do html/css code he does everything else like picking colors, text, images, graphics), I told him it looked weird but he liked it for some reason... and he is professional photographer and I have -4 glasses so I didn't object too much! :D

It is still under construction so I haven't bothered to much with it is waiting for CMS to be done...

Thanks, Vojska.net and World logos/banners were done by professionals, I did only my personal website with that nice photo of me made by my buddy. ;)

Ivan Bajlo, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  10. threebuckchuck

threebuckchuck Peon

Best Answers:
    I just meant that I can't understand the words. It looks like my three Siberian Huskies typed it for you! :D

threebuckchuck, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  11. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a secret spammer language we invented to fool everyone into giving us our own categories, wikis etc. :D

Ivan Bajlo, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  12. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I just got rejected! hmmmm...

Notting, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  13. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    What was the reason?

14. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:

That sucks! But at least I know they are looking at the apps (nothing against you).

In the RX forums there is thread after thread after thread about application status and it looks like they have the form working, but no one working the forums. Knowing that someone was rejected (or accepted) is a sign that the gears are turning...

Can I ask what rejection letter you got?

And I do believe you can reapply at some point (in most instances).
    Q

Qryztufre, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  15. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    IIRC there is no limit for reapply as long as you fix thing why you got rejected.

Quick tips to increase your chances:

• Pick you native language category!
    • Pick non-spammy non-commercial category!
    • Pick very deep very small category to which you can add many many websites!
    • Pick topic you like!
    • Once your in you can raise your edit counts and number of categories you maintain very quickly by creating in your test folder new categories which are missing in DMOZ and once your done asking for these to be moved to proper location...
    • If this helps you and one day you become Meta you can pay me back by telling me the reason for my removal ;)

16. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips, though I'[m sure officially I'll never be able to tell you anything you've not been told in the past :p

I've got one application in currently & was told to not reply till I was "accepted" (or I guess rejected) so I'm waiting on my form letter to know my next step...

I followed your first few tips, so here's to hope *hopes*
    Q

Qryztufre, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  17. helleborine

helleborine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OMG I am crushed. Not an option? But seriously. It is my "applying for reinstatement" which is not an option for me. I slaved over 11K edits and was kicked out for one single iffy listing in a category I was not familiar with and had special considerations while clearing categories. One honest mistake. Finding out the actual reason, instead of being kept in the dark, helped bring closure to what was a very unfair ans insulting event. I feel sorry for the others that weren't as lucky as me.

I asked to question to make the point that I doubted the new editor gates were opened wide enough to salvage the rot within.

helleborine, Mar 19, 2007 IP
    compostannie and paidhosting like this.
  18. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:

Hey hell,
    come on dude do not sweat over it, i got kicked just cause i run http://www.dmoz-resource-zone.com/forums/ :D you think thats fair ??. Its not our loss mate , its dmozes loss,unless you were making money from bribes like ivan (check ivan's confession :)) they(dmoz) should be the one sweating and taking care of all the evil editors like pvgool, mosta and so on.... to make dmoz once again a happy place for editors. :D

paidhosting, Mar 20, 2007 IP
  19. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    You know exact reason for being removed? :eek: So some Meta breached communications guidelines? Will he/she get at lest a warning or there are double standards? BTW can you find out why exactly was I removed? Did one of my word in Croatian sound dirty in Cantonese? ;)

1. helleborine is a she
    2. tax service reposed my yacht, bmw and villa in Monte Carlo, once again I'm broke, they said some rabbit snitched to them for not getting his cut so now I'm hiring Stained Glass Mafia to do a hit on certain bunny and make hassenpfeffer out of him :D

Ivan Bajlo, Mar 20, 2007 IP
  20. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Pvgool was banned from digital point for multiple accounts. :D It is interesting how these people who always talk about their "honesty" behave in real life. :rolleyes:

gworld, Mar 20, 2007 IP