1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Seodays conference announced for March 20-21 in London

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Jenstar, Mar 3, 2007.

The first Seodays will be held in London later this month on March 20-21st, hosted by myself and fellow-DP mod Dave Naylor (AKA and perhaps more infamously known as DaveN). We are starting it off with drinks the night before the conference starts, so attendees can informally meet one another and we can talk shop before we get into the training the next morning.

We are going deep into organic SEO, link building, content creation, PPC/contextual and reputation/brand management. I know Dave plans to address the recent algo changes in Google that he says are treating him quite nicely :p I will be covering content creation, how to handle copyright infringers (both nicely and the make-it-as-painful-as-possible-for-the-thief approach {insert evil laugh} ) and the PPC/contextual end of things. We also plan to go over tools we both use in our biz. Our focus is more on training rather than telling. We want to teach so you can easily go and apply it to your own sites... this won't be like the usual 7-10 minute conference presentations you are used to. So definitely bring your laptop, as we will demo tools and show lots of examples.

We also have some guest speakers, including Heather from Hitwise who will do a competitive analysis demo (if you are in the travel related industry, she will be profiling and deep analyzing two well-known players in the space). Ben Jesson and Dr Karl Blanks will also be presenting on increasing ROI and doing split testing. They are the experts in the industry on this, and even I am looking forward to this, especially for how I can apply this to PPC and contextual advertising. We have a couple more we are in the process of confirming, and a few more that have just approached us about speaking as well.

The event is held over two days in London at the Euston Hilton (near Kings Cross for those coming in by train). A more detailed look at what we are covering and about the Seodays experience is here... we will have a more formalized agenda closer to the date as we confirm speaker times. And registration is here (we are limited on numbers tho, so we can make sure it is a personal experience for all attendees). Yes, you will have ample opportunity for one-on-one time with both myself and Dave.

And to cap the whole thing off, LondonSEO & evilgreenmonkey is organizing an event for March 21 in a pub near Kings Cross (free beer!) for attendees and others local to the area for more networking... did I mention the free beer? Although personally I am hoping they have appletinis or cosmos too :D

I hope some DP'ers can make it... if there are enough of you, maybe we can convince Shawn that DP shirts for attendees are in order, hehe. We chose a venue easily accessible for UK'ers and I know some people have found some killer deals to Heathrow and Gatwick from the US. And yes, this was posted with Shawn's blessing :) And hopefully we will be able to drag him to a future Seodays, even if it is just for the party afterwards :p

Jenstar, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  2. Kalyse

Kalyse Peon

Best Answers:
    This sounds very interesting and I think I may see if I can find the time to attend.

Whats the prices?

Can you provide the price.

Thanks.

Kalyse, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  3. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wish someone provides a summary at the end of the conference. So people who can not attend get at least some of the information. Ok I agree not all as people pay to go to the conference.

infonote, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  4. jenbac

jenbac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's pretty cool idea !!! I wish i could come also but unfortunately...my place is too far from London. Yes please....could somebody provide us with a summary after the conference?

jenbac, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  5. bacanze

bacanze Peon

Best Answers:
    Dam, im at college both days :( or else I probably would of come.

bacanze, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  6. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe that anyone is going to be "live blogging" it in the same way that Rustybrick does at SES... these sessions will be much more detailed so it would definitely be much harder to do that, he covers sessions about ten minutes in length, while Seodays will discuss topics that mostly run about an hour and includes a lot more audience interaction. Attendees do get copies of all the powerpoints though, so they don't need to be taking notes like mad for the entire two days :) The price is £1750 (incl. VAT) for the two days, which includes meals, USB with presentations, and everything else we mention in the Seodays experience... and a few surprises we haven't revealed yet ;) Hope to see some of you there! :D

Jenstar, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  7. bornagaintrader

bornagaintrader Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there any way to find out the titles of the sessions?

Dan

bornagaintrader, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  8. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Details of each of the sessions is here:
    http://www.seodays.com/blog/breakdown-of-all-topics-being-covered-at-seodays.html

We tried to cover everything related to search engine optimization & marketing that we feel is most important for online businesses. We also have a session set aside for "Attendee choice" (in a few days, we will be sending out an email to registered attendees where they get to vote on topics from a list of topics not already covered in the agenda). And the final day includes over an hour for Q&A for any site specific questions, advice/discussion on specific tactics or techniques, etc.

I know Dave & I had initially talked about doing a discount for a first registration from DP, so I will make the executive decision that the first DP'er to put DigitalPoint in the "where did you hear about seodays" field on the registration form, I will make sure that the one handling the registrations knows that :)

Jenstar, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  9. bornagaintrader

bornagaintrader Peon

Best Answers:
    How much is the DP discount?

bornagaintrader, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  10. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not the money person, so you are best to submit the contact form on the Seodays site. Because I am on a different time zone than Dave & his UK office, you will get your response much quicker that way :)

Jenstar, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  11. redz

redz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    too bad my spring break from college is a week after :( or else I would attend

redz, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  12. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Great! SEOs/SEMs sticking their heads together a few miles from where I live... Got to make my way over!

Nice job on the presentation, it looks a lot more interactive and appealing than most conferences. Having missed SES and InternetWorld usually lacking in this area, SEODays comes as a real nice event. Looking forward to seeing you all!

Also great to see some big names speaking. I've admired Hitwise's offering since 2003 and had a 'run-in' with Mel when I had a bad experience with adCenter when they just launched. Will be great to have a chat with such passionate people from the industry.

If anyone needs a cheap place to crash, drop me a line :)

T0PS3O, Mar 13, 2007 IP
  13. Dudibob

Dudibob Peon

Best Answers:
    it sounds like it's going to be one hell of a show :) TOPS, Jenstar, I'll see you there :)

Dudibob, Mar 13, 2007 IP
  14. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    It will be great to see both TOPS and Dudibob next week :) Things are shaping up really well, it will be a fantastic show!

Jenstar, Mar 13, 2007 IP
  15. DaveN

DaveN Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo have just said that they are sending a speaker to talk about panama. wonder if they will give us the UK launch date :)

DaveN

DaveN, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  16. NYDAz

NYDAz Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't come :(

NYDAz, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  17. Dudibob

Dudibob Peon

Best Answers:
    MSN and Yahoo going, woo! Wonder if the big G will send someone too...

Dudibob, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  18. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    They all have their HQs on or around Shaftesbury Avenue so should be easy for them to join in. I haven't even had a sniff of Panama so I'm very curious to see how it panned out.

T0PS3O, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  19. Dudibob

Dudibob Peon

Best Answers:
  20. kailyn_morgan

kailyn_morgan Banned

Best Answers:
    thanks for the info... will try n attend it...

kailyn_morgan, Mar 15, 2007 IP