1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help me out. I need Press Release and blogs.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by nikolaalx, Mar 14, 2007.

Hey all,
    I have been in the online business for more than two years now. Things are going pretty nice and I have more than 12 sites now. I have developed some reasonable knowledge based on my experience with the marketing that I have been doing for my sites.

However I never got to go deeper into press releases and paid blogs. I kinda focused more on profound PPC advertising, directory submissions and stuff like that.

Can someone give me a hint on to how to promote me newest business through press releases and blogs. The business is about selling turnkey arcade scripts. Site is getmyownarcade.com

Which press release method proved to be somewhat effective for you and which would you recommend?

Also what should I do to get the maximum out of paid blogs? And do you think this would be effective for that particular business?

I just want to overcome as much as possible the "trial and error" part which is inevitable when going into anything which is new.

Starting budget will be around 1k.

Thanks,
    Nik

nikolaalx, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  2. garysims

garysims Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I would certainly recommend press releases as a way of promoting your site and as a way of building back links.

Read this article on Press Releases and SEO

Thanks,

Gary

garysims, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  3. gio

gio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    creating an article and submitting them to well know article directories linke ezinearticles, articledashboard, articlefactory, and many more will surely help your site improve its search engine visibility. you can also buy permanent links from blog post. lots of cheap links here just go to link sale forum.

gio, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  4. Toe

Toe Peon

Best Answers:
    as for press releases. First of all, to make it effective you need to find a NEWS. Something that is really worth mentioning. Press release is not advertisement - it is a way to share the information. So when you are sure you have something to write about, hire a professional copywriter or write it yourself. It is up to you.

Remember that there are special rules of press release. some of them you can find there

Also you are to decide what service to use for distribution. I would recommend to use both free and paid ones. PRWeb is really one of the best. But there you should carefully study their services to decide which to use.

Good luck to you

Toe, Mar 14, 2007 IP
    nikolaalx likes this.
  5. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Toe's right. If you have no real news, don't use press releases. They might still get you a few temporary, lousy backlinks quickly, but for the same amount of effort you can certaily do something more effective. If you do have real news, then press releases can be the way to go. If you'd like, you can take a look at a free template I use in my own PR firm, as well as articles and tips on press release writing in the public relations section of www.BizAmmo.com.

Jenn

jhmattern, Mar 14, 2007 IP
    nandini likes this.
  6. nandini

nandini Peon

Best Answers:
    Create some compelling content for your site, or hire a good blogger. Post all the content on your website/blog, 1-2 artciles a day max.

Ask the blogger/content writer to participate in forums/blogs with signature link to your new compelling content. Submit to few social networking sites, reddit, digg..

All natural links will follow which you otherwise will find extremely difficult to purchase.

nandini, Mar 14, 2007 IP
    nikolaalx likes this.
  7. deepower

deepower Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    News Release

Immediate Release – and today’s date (or the date the paper should publish the release if it is time related)

Contact Information:
    Your name
    Your phone number
    Your email address

PUNCHY HEADLINE
    Try not to have the headline be the same old, same old. New Book Released by Local Author. Or New Book Tells Why Your Kids Are Rotten. This is make or break it time. The headline is what will entice the reporter or editor to read your release. Use a headline like Five Reasons Kids Are Rotten: And What Parents Can Do About It.

(City you live in – Today’s Date) In the first paragraph answer the who, what, why and where. Sometimes that’s all the reporter will read. Don’t bury important information farther down in the release. You can expand on each of those factors, who, what, why, and where later on in the release.

Keep your approach newsworthy. Of course you are excited that your book/product/website is being published/released, but why should anyone else be excited. Reporters are looking for news. Stress the benefits of your book/product/website to the reader. How will it improve their life, make them richer, smarter, thinner, or beautiful. A "five tips" or "ten reasons" type press release is always helpful.

The news release shouldn’t be more than one page single spaced. Although many smaller publications may print the release as is, most newspapers will want to use the release as just the beginning of their story.

Triple check grammar and spelling.

Send the release to as many of your media contacts as you can on a personalized basis. Never use a blind carbon copy if you’re using email to distribute the release. Never, never, never use a cc list where all the names of the recipients are visibile. It takes much more time but send out your releases out one at a time.

If you have a spam filter, send the release to yourself to see if it gets caught. Most filters will tell you why they filed an email as spam, then you can reword so it doesn’t get caught.

Dee Power
    Your Ebook: From Cyberspace to the Bookstore Shelves
    http://www.BrianHillAndDeePower.com/ebook.html

deepower, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  8. deepower

deepower Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can find links to newspapers, radio stations, TV stations, and magazines at http://www.newslink.org You can sort by state and city. When you get to the newspapers go to the about us link. Most newspapers have their staff listed with email addresses

Dee

deepower, Mar 14, 2007 IP