1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Finding out if a URL is banned from the Adsense programme

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by bad_bob00, Mar 13, 2007.

Hi there,

Recently I was wondering how to check if a URL has been banned from the Google Adsense programme, but couldn't find the answer anywhere on the forums.

Eventually I found this...

Google Adsense Preview Tool

If you download the tool and install it, then right click when you are on the website that you want to check is banned by Adsense or not. If it is banned then no adverts will be shown, or an error message will be shown (if the website has been banned in the past 2 weeks then it may still show adverts).

Another tool is the Internet Wayback Machine.

If you go here and type in the URL then you will see a list from the archives of previous versions of that website. If you open an older version and you see "You are not authorized to view this page" errors on parts of the page, then this is usually a sign that Google has banned this site from the Adsense programme.

Hope this helps, sorry if any of it has been posted before.

Matt

bad_bob00, Mar 13, 2007 IP
    lbordea likes this.
  2. kumiko83

kumiko83 Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting, but why would you want to know?

Kumiko
    xo

kumiko83, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  3. toby

toby Notable Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing m8. and Kumiko, we wanna know coz sometimes we may wanna buy website and we dont wanna have a website which is already been banned by adsense.

toby, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  4. CountryBoy

CountryBoy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That's a useful tip - I would have gone for the direct approach of emailing and asking them. The power of unlateral thought!

CountryBoy, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  5. bad_bob00

bad_bob00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I agree that you could try contacting them, but I guess sometimes you don't have that time to wait around for a response, and I presume Google don't have much time spent replying to e-mails as they probably receive a fair amount every day.

It's basically a way to check if a domain is banned from Adsense, which is useful if you are thinking of purchasing that domain and using Adsense on it (as toby said above).

bad_bob00, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  6. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    that's very very helpful, specially if you want to buy a site or a domain, it is better to check that, the site is banned from adsense or not!:)

uttoransen, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  7. mihd

mihd Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you

ill spread some green!

mihd, Mar 15, 2007 IP