1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Really mad at Google/Adsense.

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Josh, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    perhaps you can get a contact through the adwords live chat?

That might be a good option to try...

Shoemoney, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  2. Juan G

Juan G Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, if you were using a tracking script, see which IP has a large number of clicks. And look in your server logs as well.

Remember, don't ask them for information, you only get the famous second email "we cannot disclose..." On the contrary, give them as much information as possible.

Juan G, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  3. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    No, unfortunatly I didn't have a tracking script setup. If I ever get reinstated, I think that should be a must.

I should write a simple script that once someone clicks the ads, they won't show up to that same IP for at least 24 hours... that way they can't just mass click it or something.

Josh

Josh, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  4. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm curious, setting up the tracking script, killing time to monitor it, for what?

To confirm he's banned because of massive clicking? He already wrote g saying he noticed it.

Gunna find the ip address( addresses since they probly were spoofed and proxied and rotated) and kick the guys arse?

Small words, what's the point of a tracking script?

tom

TommyD, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  5. Juan G

Juan G Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, Google knows the IPs anyway. It's mainly (apart from useful to detect click attacks -or well-meaning friends- and block IPs) a way to show Google that one is fully cooperative and has nothing to hide. At least, it's advisable to say them you will gladly send the relevant server log files.

The chat suggestion seems also good, if you have an AdWords account as well.

Juan G, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  6. willmullis

willmullis Peon

Best Answers:
    Josh,

From what I remember from another post you didn't actually get reinstated. I believe you said that you signed up under your dad's(or mom) name and got a new account. There is a BIG difference in getting reinstated and getting a new account. I think you probably tipped them off when you sent that email.

willmullis, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  7. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Considering getting a Sole Proprietorship and an EIN takes under a hundred bucks (typically) and are disposable, claiming some got banned and then used a parents name/SSN is an insult to their intelligence. If it's remotely true, than that person should get use to being banned since they aren't playing the game professionally.

tom

TommyD, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  8. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    How do you make such huge spelling mistakes and try to sound legitimate

Sole Propertiship hahah wtf is that. How many red squares can you get for being stupid?

Smyrl and Kiasuman like this.
  9. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, was eating and typing at the same time. Ran my G's spell checker.

tom

TommyD, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  10. willmullis

willmullis Peon

Best Answers:
    TommyD, I found where Josh made this claim himself: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=21910&page=2 (2nd to last post on the page). I knew I had read that somewhere but didn't feel like digging through the archives to do a direct quote because I knew that was the case.

Some people on these forums are just morons.

TommyD likes this.
  11. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    WOW! speechless.

alang, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  12. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    I hope your not referring to josh as a moron... He is clearly talented if you look at the sites in his signature.

If I lost my account you can bet I would be registering one under my wife's/dog/dads name the next day. I don't care who's intelligence it would insult.

13. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Shoemoney,

You can do what ever you want, just with Josh and yourself, both come across as Proactive, not Reactive. I would suspect that if such a ban occurred you and him would: 1. if you made any mistake you would correct them ASAP. 2. instantly setup another company (even a simple Sole Prietorship) 3. Setup Adsense (wait filling out the w9) 4. File for EIN and then fill out the w9.

That seems so simple and clean, anything less seems sloppy, and out of character here.

later,

tom

TommyD, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  14. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    No, not a moron. But certainly the way he presented his case was deceitful.

Josh: you seem like a decent person, just be more transparent with your stories, please.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  15. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    Hi I dont think you know anything about me or should presume shit.

thanks

16. willmullis

willmullis Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I was referring to TommyD who was coming down on me for stating a FACT. I shouldn't have to dig through the archives just to prove that I wasnt "insulting someones intelligence".

The fact that Josh came on here whining that he got banned after being reinstated is absurd as well because he was never reinstated but in reality got caught trying to pull a fast one on G. Would I try to get another account in that situation? I don't really know. I do know that I wouldn't come on here crying like a baby and spouting off with stuff that is not close to reality. I guess he is trying to get some sympathy or attention.

Maybe "moron" was a strong term but it is unbelievable to see so many people lying or spouting off about stuff when they have no clue on what they are talking about. There are some gems of info to be had but you have to weed through the garbage to find it.

17. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    Why is this such a big deal, dial the 1-800 number get an EIN number, go to your bank, and tell them to add a DBA to your checking acount.

Total Spent $0.00

Henny, Jul 27, 2005 IP
    TommyD likes this.
  18. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    I never said I was reinstated, I said I "Got accepted back in". Same website, etc..

I'm not whining about being banned either, if there is one thing I've found, is that moaning and groaning doesn't change anything. I'm just saying that I think it is unfair for Google to ban me, without a warning for something that I had no control of.

Josh

Josh, Jul 27, 2005 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  19. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well may be the bot disabled your site by reading the word ( invalid Clicks ) someday a human will review the mail and set you back .

wissam, Jul 27, 2005 IP
  20. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    I jsut got an email back from adsense, it looks like it is related to the previous account I had. Which I find odd, as why would they let my sign up again with the same lastname/bank account number/site, then kick me out later? One would think that they could see the connection at signup time, and deny it then and there.

Now I'm asking to get my original account reinstated.

Josh

Josh, Jul 27, 2005 IP