1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Servint VPS Hosting - Highly reccomended

Discussion in 'General Business' started by jackslounge, Mar 13, 2007.

I do believe General Business is the BEST section for this topic, so please don't infraction me if I'm wrong :)

Just wanted to give Servint.com a big plug. They are a great host. This is out of character for me - to get a write up, they have to be good.

A little while ago I got onto their base VPS plan - for $49 per month. The customer service is amazing. they have 24hr online support, who reply to queries within a few minutes (and I've asked a lot of questions.

If you are looking for hosting anything major, I recommend you give them a look. If you are a proxy person, yes, they allow proxies on their VPS plans :)

I'm about to upgrade to the $89 plan, due to both the quality of the service (ie - it will be worth having the extra grunt), and the fact that my sites have been performing well, and are going to be mighty close to the 300gb monthly transfer.

I hope this doesn't seem too random for you - there are many threads on here asking for hosting suggestions, I just thought I'd share :)

jackslounge, Mar 13, 2007 IP
    GTech likes this.
  2. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I would have to agree with this. I am using Servint for my proxy and they are great. I can open a ticket with them at 1am and have it resolved within the hour. I also like the fact that I can ask them to explain the problem (my first VPS so I'm a noob), and they will explain it and tell me how to avoid it in the future. Some of the tech people can be a little grouchy at times, but they will still resolve the problem and answer all of my dumb questions and that's all I really care about. Highly recommended for any noobs out there!

Firegirl, Mar 13, 2007 IP
  3. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I used Servint VPS in the past and I have to say their service support was excellent. However, when I hosted it seems like the performance of my PHP/MySQL sites to be a tat bit slow. Then again, when I hosted with them, they were just starting out in the VPS business and the configuration is not what it is now.

How is the speed for PHP sites for the $49 plan ?

eddy2099, Mar 13, 2007 IP
  4. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    GTech, Mar 13, 2007 IP
  5. just-4-teens

just-4-teens Peon

Best Answers:
    i also use servint and i doubt i will ever need to choose anyone else as far as hosting goes.

great uptime + quick support team + managed vps + fairly priced service (i pay $49/month) = a great hosting company.

just-4-teens, Mar 13, 2007 IP
  6. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the speed like for the VPS ?

eddy2099, Mar 13, 2007 IP
  7. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just switched a couple weeks ago and I am very pleased so far. Only wish they had the transfer site thing working - my last host did a transfer of all the sites with no issue, but servint couldn't do it.

The speed has been excellent, about 2x's what any host has given - checking from multiple locations/countries.

debunked, Mar 13, 2007 IP
  8. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    I have three Deuce VPS's with them and for $149 / month they're phenominal. Even the basic $49 Essential is pretty good... good enough it ran a wordpress / phpbb site with speed when it had around 10-12k uniques / day. The Deuces are running a couple sites getting 20k uniques / day. As far as transferring, I moved about 15 sites over to one of their Essential VPS's a year or so ago and had no problem doing so using WHM. And, of course, their support is second to none really.

mdvaldosta, Mar 13, 2007 IP