1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coding my Site !!!

Discussion in 'PHP' started by pulikuttann, Mar 12, 2007.

I own a web knowledge sharing site.It have many educational contents.But due to the lack of knowledge in php I was not able to make my site dynamic.But now I am planning to code my site with Php/MySql.Since I am a newbie in php will I be able to code it ???

Can anyone give me some logic ideas about the site !!!
    I also want to have an interaction with my site visitors.So how can I do it.Just have a look at my site and help me with some good ideas.

pulikuttann, Mar 12, 2007 IP
  2. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I know I may be off topic here, but I would like to encourage you to learn PHP by yourself. It is a really nice language and easy to get. I suggest PHP beginners from WROX at first. Really easy.
    I know BASIC, PASCAL, HTML, JAVA, CSS, mySQL and PHP. PHP is my fav. Once you get it, it will open your mind and you'll be able to do whatever you want...
    Now, get back on topic ;)

Codythebest, Mar 12, 2007 IP
  3. codeassist

codeassist Peon

Best Answers:
    I would also recommend this book "PHP Solutions Dynamic Web Design Made Easy" from friendsofed.com and of course the php manual.

Goodluck.

codeassist, Mar 12, 2007 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd recommend you focus on your core business and use one of the systems profiled at www.opensourcecms.com

If you have no interest in becoming a programmer then learning may be a distraction.

sarahk, Mar 12, 2007 IP
  5. codeassist

codeassist Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a valid point sarahk, if you do not have interest in becoming a programmer use a cms.

However, if you want to learn php those books mentioned above is a good read.

6. hdpinn

hdpinn Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't forget php.net, it is a great resource and place to start.

You might also find some opensource php/mysql software that you can explore to find out how to do things.

hdpinn, Mar 12, 2007 IP
  7. pulikuttann

pulikuttann Banned

Best Answers:
    I am very interested in programming and I want to be a programmer/computer geeks more than a webmaster.I own this sites only to find out money for my computer study and internet charges.

I had started php and need a logic to create a dynamic site for me

pulikuttann, Mar 12, 2007 IP
  8. srobona

srobona Active Member

Best Answers:
    To build a dynamic site, first of all, you have to decide what you are going to show on your site. According to your thoughts, you then need to design the database. After that, I think you can start coding. Please don't hasitate to contact if you think you will get help from me :)

Thanks

srobona, Mar 12, 2007 IP
  9. codeassist

codeassist Peon

Best Answers:
    @ Pulikattann

As with learning other languages start from basic php code and gradually move from one level to another when you have comprehended code best practices.

The old saying "practice becomes perfect" also manifests here as the more you do it following proper standards you will improve.

srobona likes this.
  10. srobona

srobona Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with codeassist. This is really true that "Practice makes a man perfect". :D

srobona, Mar 12, 2007 IP
  11. pulikuttann

pulikuttann Banned

Best Answers:
    Thankz !
    I will first plan abt the design and then if I have some doubt I will contact you.

pulikuttann, Mar 13, 2007 IP
    srobona likes this.