1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Proof that google sandbox doesnt happen if you pay $$$

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by phoenixcarpet, Jul 25, 2005.

I just looked up a film called wedding crashers on yahoo were it came up #1 for the keyword wedding crashers. When I went to the site I noticed that it already had a PR6 rating. So I decided to check this keyword in google to see what would happen.

http://www.google.com/search?source...=GGLD,GGLD:2005-16,GGLD:en&q=wedding+crashers

That is the link to the search, as you can see the site www.weddingcrashersmovie.com came up #9 in the serps. Now I know this has to be considered a very popular keyword, enough so as to trigger whatever level google needs to trip the sandbox filter. But I decided to check out the YSM keyword popularity tool just to find out. Here is the result: total is a little over 10k searches a month. Much higher than alot of phrases I know I'm personally sandboxed for. Also, I wonder how fast they ended up with all those links: I show 172 already and this movie just barley came out.

You all tell me what you think. It seems like google wont sandbox the big boy sites, to much money involved. Maybe they could put out a priority release fee based on the amount of searches you keywords get. They would make a fortune there. Much more than just every now and then from hollywood.

phoenixcarpet, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  2. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    movie websites are up a long time before they are actually promoted, and probably get some very nice links from sony, paramount, fox or whoever is putting the given movie out. i wouldn't say there is a double standard, but I bet if you make a site and its only link comes from sony (maybe a few random movie sites), then there wouldn't be a sandbox issue in play.

lorien1973, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    In my experience, everytime you get discovered thru a site of authority, you are highly likely to avoid the sandbox completely.

Blogmaster, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  4. phoenixcarpet

phoenixcarpet Peon

Best Answers:
    So what would be considered an authority then. Is it based on trustrank or pagerank, the link I have from the EPA doesnt even show up. I didnt avoid the sandbox.

5. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I believe it has to do with where on the site your link is located. Where on the EPA site are you listed?

6. phoenixcarpet

phoenixcarpet Peon

Best Answers:
    The wayback machine show this: 0, zip, notta, nothing

The wayback machine

Browse through 40 billion web pages archived from 1996 to a few months ago. To start surfing the Wayback, type in the web address of a site or page where you would like to start, and press enter. Then select from the archived dates available. The resulting pages point to other archived pages at as close a date as possible. Keyword searching is not currently supported.

Was it even around a few months ago, maybe the domain was purchased but it wasnt live but for a few short months.

It still points to $$$$$$$.

7. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    What it points to is sites that are well established and well trusted basically vouching for your site as being important. If you have a home page link from msn, of course you will avoid the sandbox. Same with good links from sites that are well respected. Ask yourself on what basis your site shouldn't be sandboxed? What makes your site different from all the other new ones coming out everyday?

8. phoenixcarpet

phoenixcarpet Peon

Best Answers:
    I knew I was going to be sandboxed from the get go. Just like the 95% of us who will also be sandboxed. I'm only pointing out that if you are tied into the big money, then there is special treatment. This is pointed out with even the examples you have given, ie msn, sony, etc.... Even if you had the best content available on a subject, your ot going to get onto the homepage of one of those sites without paying for it somehow.

Again, this points right back at the money.

plmerlin likes this.
  9. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Well: once you're up there, others will have to wait in line to give you competition as well :)