1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

flaw in the google analytics

Discussion in 'Google' started by david boon, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi guys ,

To my surprise i found an interesting point with google analytics...

It doesnt get updated immediately unlike statcounter.... It took some where around 6 hours to get updated (Referring source section particularly)

did any one noticed this ????

david boon, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  2. Forrest

Forrest Peon

Best Answers:
    When you first set up your Google Analytics account it says they update their reports once every 24 hours.

Forrest, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  3. Pierce

Pierce Active Member

Best Answers:
    um.. yeah..

thats always the way. I wouldnt exactly call it a flaw, but a method of not taking down the system. If they updated it to the minute, then.. that would require x ammount more power to do so.

Google analytics as far as i know (never used stat counter) also provides a lot more information. For me its about 2-3 hours off, but its getting lower, recently low as 1 hour all the time. (If you click today, you see todays stats).

Pierce

Pierce, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  4. chewbacca

chewbacca Peon

Best Answers:
    When I saw the title, I thought someone found something new. :p

Since it isn't updated every 24 hours but sooner, it is really a flaw, but a good one. :) Usually I don't check for at least a day to make sure something's changed, but lately I've been too busy to check even that often so I guess I don't mind the intervals in between updates.

chewbacca, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  5. Nick_Mayhem

Nick_Mayhem Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't expect it to be live. Because when some days are gone and it has some data with it then it will start showing better graphs and results.

Nick_Mayhem, Mar 10, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.