1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need a free photo of the Eiffel Tower

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by andrej, Mar 9, 2007.

I need a free photo(s) of the Eiffel Tower for my website I'm going to develop (TowerEiffel.com).

I know there're many e.g. on flickr.com, but I need photos that are free to use / no copyrighted. Do you guys know such a site where I can download free photos and use them on my site?

andrej, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  2. LGRComp

LGRComp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LGRComp, Mar 9, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  3. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks! :) Great site.

andrej, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  4. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Many of the images on flickr are free to re-use as far as im aware, you can search under the particular types of creative commons licences to see if they require a linkback etc

pipes, Mar 9, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  5. Xangis

Xangis Active Member

Best Answers:
    Many of the images on Wikipedia are also public domain, so that's often a good place to look.

Xangis, Mar 9, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  6. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    I'd suggest getting in touch with a french DP user that lives in Paris.
    Digital pictures aren't that big of a hassle if you manage to find the right people to talk to. Of course, if your project is too serious then you might afford to pay for professional pictures of the Eiffel Tower but then again is up to your business plan. Indee, some websites that do offer quality pictures, also give them away for free. But mostly for personal use. Commercial users my pay, that's when you might consider talking to a local french guy if you want to get something original :)

Clive, Mar 9, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  7. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys for your tips. Unfortunatelly I cannot download any photos from sxc.hu, as this site redirects you to stockxpert.com and it says I have no enough credits to download the image, and that I can buy credits, pay with credit card... So, I'll rather look for some on Wikipedia or Flickr.

However, it's a pity, because I'm particularly interested in this one. It would be a great header for my site.

As for the images from Wikipedia and Flickr, can I cut the images as I need (e.g. to create a header)?

andrej, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  8. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Clive for your tip. No, my project is not serious and I'm not willing to pay for the photos. I just need some free common photos for my simple site.

andrej, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  9. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    In googles advanced search you can search for creative commons images etc, also yahoo has that feature too.

And http://everystockphoto.com will search a few places for you, one of them being flickr

pipes, Mar 9, 2007 IP
  10. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, thanks for your tip, but I no longer need the image. I've created my own. You'll soon be able to see it online. ;)

andrej, Mar 9, 2007 IP