1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When should we use image ads?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by 8everything, Mar 8, 2007.

When is the best time to use image ads? It's kind of obvious that image ads don't work as well as text ads, but is there a situation when this is wrong?

Say I have a text that is 90% text only, would an image ad have a higher CTR since there aren't a lot of images (or none) on the site?

8everything, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  2. timallard

timallard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i would use image ads when you would like to make you page look cleaner or more professional. i use image ads a lot because i like things on my page to look the best they can, sometimes image ads make me feel a little better about quality. just my opinion tho

timallard, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  3. Set

Set Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem is there might not be any image ad available for your context, so you should have some alternate ad available in that case.

Set, Mar 8, 2007 IP
    leadingzero likes this.
  4. funmaza

funmaza Banned

Best Answers:
    i agree with him :)

funmaza, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  5. Set

Set Peon

Best Answers:
    Then you should rather green rep me instead of writing such post. :rolleyes: Pity you are a noob and it would be only grey rep though. :D

Set, Mar 8, 2007 IP
    *Mayank* likes this.
  6. CristianR

CristianR Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree that image ads are lower paying but make your site look a bit more professional

CristianR, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  7. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    True.. so if I chose the image & text option, text will appear when images aren't available? I thought that options was completely random (on the image/text choice)

8everything, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  8. Set

Set Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I meant you can choose alternative url for an ad. You could try something tricky - I've seen here on DP an alternative url containing AdSense FireFox Refferal! I wonder if you could make it like this - primary ad - image only and alternative url - same ad code but text only?

PS. Whether it's text or image is determined by which ad is better paying I guess, not random. :)

Set, Mar 8, 2007 IP