1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are You Setting AdSense Goals?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Burta, Dec 29, 2006.

1. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What is your expenditure level in getting $20k? How much are you spending on advertsing, link and what have you?

qwestcommunications, Jan 10, 2007 IP
  2. TheBen

TheBen Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've got Goals.

+ create 3-4 more websites until the next 2 weeks
    + create unique content
    + get alot of backlinks

to earn up to $20/day with Adsense but also with Affiliates,ClickBank together.

And one special goal which is very important for me is to have fun when i'm working on it.

I hope that i will reach my goals until the next month :).

Greetings

TheBen, Jan 10, 2007 IP
  3. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK, well as I mentioned in my original post I was going away on holidays for a few weeks and that I'd be back in mid February. Well here I am - moving onto the next stage of good goal setting - reviewing my goals. If you have already posted your goals in this thread, how are they going? And if you haven't already posted some goals, maybe this is the time to set some!

OK well January for me went quite well, I earnt $4358 - which unfortunately was just shy of my $4500. That said I'm still quite pleased with the results and just missing my goal isn't something I get too worried about after all I try my best to set goals that are "within sight but just out of reach" because I find this sort of goal setting keeps me motivated to work hard because I know the goal is a tough one but at the same time if it is just out of reach I can't be too disappointed if I fall just short.

Anyway so how am I going for February and beyond? Well to be completely honest February is going well, but I think I was a bit naive in setting the goal of $5500 earnings for February. I have only been back for a couple of days and most of that time has been spent catching up rather than developing new revenue. Only now am I just starting to sit down and even look at my plans and new projects, which isn't good because there are only 13 days left in February!

Feburary was always going to be a shortened month because I was on holidays for the first 12 days of it, and the last 3 have been spent catchign up, but what I forgot to calculate is that it only has 28 days in it!

As it stands I'm not on target to reach my goals, and it looks like I may fall well short actually. As it stands I am looking hitting around the $4750 mark, and even that might be ambitious. That said I'm not giving up on my goal, I will just need to bust my balls for the next two weeks and get one of these new projects off the ground. So I'll be very happy if I can get to $5000+ for the month, and I'd be ecstatic if I get even close to $5500 for the month.

So how are your goals going!

Burta, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  4. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry I forgot to update my goals in my last post. They are now:

Short Term: To earn over $5500 for the month of February.
    Short-Medium: To earn over $6000 for the month of March
    Medium: To earn over $8000 for the month of April.
    Medium-Long Term: To earn over $10000 for the month of May.

Burta, Feb 18, 2007 IP
  5. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK well February has come and gone, and in short I missed my target for February, well I guess it depends how you look at it. If we are just factoring AdSense then I missed it by a fair way, but if I include my other only recent additions to my methods of earnings I actually cleared $5000 for the month of February.

I had $4647 earnings for AdSense - which was a little disappointing to be honest - but I did complete the projects I had hoped and I got caught up with other things - on the plus side it is still a record month AND in addition to that I also had about $800 worth of earnings from alternate sources of revenue, which was very pleasing and I'm expecting this to only grow in March. So all in all, the global result was good but the AdSense performance was a little less than expect - but still positive. So here are my goals now:

Short Term: To earn over $7500 for the month of March. ($6000 in AdSense)
    Medium Term: To earn over $9000 for the month of April. ($7000 in AdSense)
    Medium-Long Term: To earn over $11000 for the month of May. ($8500 in AdSense)

So what does March hold. March is going to be a really tough month, I need to take my current AdSense earnings of $4647 to $6000, and as it stands I'd estimate I'm on target to earn around $5250 - there is a lot of ground to make up, so I'm going to need to work hard.

The majority of my improvement this month I'm hoping will be coming off the back of a new website launch - which I'm hoping will happen before the middle of the month. In addition to this I'm also going to publishing a few more articles which I'm hoping will help increase the daily revenues. These two will be my main focus for this month. So wish me luck.

How are your goals going?

Burta, Mar 5, 2007 IP
    timallard likes this.
  6. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My main goal is to make money like at least 30-40% from a total monthly income (you know the say don't put all your eggs in one bascket)

w3bmaster, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  7. timallard

timallard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ive always admired your posts here burta - great post and good luck.

im a very goal oriented person. im mostly goal oriented on web traffic

From 1 site - www.mydentify.com

Longterm:
    2006 - get 50k visitors
    2007 - get 1.5 million visitors - (currently at 567,000 since jan 1st 07)
    2008 - double 2007

Short Term:
    Jan-June 2006 - get 1,000 visitors a day
    July-Dec 2006 - get 5,000 visitors a day
    Jan-June 2007 - get 10,000 unique visitors a day (im getting 12,000 now)
    July-Dec 2007 - get 18,000 uniques a day

heres a good tip. once you get good at setting goals and you begin to know your abilities, set goals that you know you will have to work hard at to accomplish them. e.g. thats why my 2006 traffic goal was 50,000 and in 2007 my traffic goal is 1,500,000. ive been setting goals all my web career, so i know its possible for me but it will be something i will need to work hard on. once you get there raise the bar.

good luck everyone. hope your goals come true, and then you raise them.

-Tim

timallard, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  8. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I fully agree with your strategy
    its exactly what i have done the past (in april ) 10 years of web publishing.
    I always set high traffic goals and achieved them by creating more unique content.
    most of the annual goals were so high that by mid year i really had to kick my own butt to achieve it - normally I have achieved such high goals by november ...

most of the goals set included a double in visitors per year - now I have doubled my visitors in the past 6 months - from some 6k/day to 12k unique visitors per day

I never worried about adsense goals - since a fully optimized adsense layout automatically goes along with the increasing goals

and when i look at the most successful sections of my site - i see with an inner smile that those things I never even consider work but only fun are those that bring most visitors and most adsense $ and all those 5 of my many sections have the potential
    1. for me to create any quantity of unique content
    2. a near infinite potential of new site visitors

have little competition because it involves actual work and some investment into working tools as well.

setting goals and making sure you are straight^forward heading toward achieving your goals by means of daily or weekly access_log analysis is an excellent method to grow in a precise way toward your goals

have fun and enjoy your success

hans, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  9. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if u are stuck at a given amount
    - either you have fully optimized and reached the full potential audience ...
    that might be true if ur ctr is in the 2 digits and ecpm also

- or you may get more out of what you have published by a total review of formats, color scheme and ad palcements
    this particularly might be valid for all those with ctr/ecpm being BOTH below 5

you must have done a lot of things pretty good to get 20k$/m in adsense - how much traffic did u need to get that ?

hans, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  10. shoppingcards

shoppingcards Banned

Best Answers:
    Lot of good thots. I make decent online income..But now i may try adsense as well.

shoppingcards, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  11. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    my goals:

LONG TERM
    To acheive by december 2007

Adsense: $1000/month
    clickbank: $5000/month

currently
    adsense: $300/month
    clickbank: $100/month

adsense: I plan to slowley add content to a few websites to get my adsense earnings up, just waiting for google to list me for a few good keywords.

clickbank: I have been working on a really good product over the last 2 months and will be released in 1 week! :) + have many more products lined up! I will mainly promote these myself and may invite others to promote them also. I will release a new product every 2 months so will have 5 by december.

SHORT TERM
    for April 07
    make $400 next month with my new clickbank product. I am currently building a massive campaign. I have pre written articles that I will submit when its ready + lots and lots of keywords for adwords ready to go :)

Swerd, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  12. sohamakash

sohamakash Active Member

Best Answers:
    adsense goals can be easily set but i have no idea on how to fulfill them...maybe SEO or traffic?

sohamakash, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  13. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. validated code to assure all bots can index ALL pages FULLY
    2. perfectly clean SEO to assure you get best possible SERPS on a particular page to get max possible traffic on each individual page - hence SEO goal should be to make each page top 10 SERPS or in extreme cases top 20
    3. more traffic by more unique quality content that is needed and searched by potential visitors - hence content need to meet a natural need of ppl

Nr 1 should be default behavior of every webmaster
    Nr 2 is a routine you achieve after a while that will be default publishing method
    Nr 3 requires continuous hard work, continuous efforts and investment in creating unique value content that exceeds lazy competition

the Nr 3 certainly is the only true variable and the easiest way to get ahead of all competition since modern times site owner love to get their content ready to copy and publish and only a few webmasters actually make the effort and tgake the few thousands of working hours per year to CREATE value content of top quality.

hans, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  14. the phil

the phil Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely.

1. Earn $50/mo by the end of March
    2. Maximum number of cigarettes smoked per day = (20-(daily adsense revenue / 2))

the phil, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  15. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    I say everyone should set goal of $100 dollars a month to start. That way they get a check every month. I know it is hard to figure out earnings and you have no control but if you try to average over $4 a day you should get the $100 a month.

Yes $4 adds up to more than 100 but sometimes site will make $1 instead of $4 . Maybe try for $5 or $6 a day and work up. I use $5 a day as target or goal. I know everyday will be different but if you have half your days making $5 your on your way to $100 a month. Then when you reach it set goal for $8 a day.

rcj662, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  16. adiace

adiace Active Member

Best Answers:
    rcj662, I think that's the best way to start... in fact that is exactly how I first started and it worked a miracle.

As for my goals, I'm trying to get to around $100/day using adsense by the end of March.

Recently I started using Adwords/Adsense together and I'm making around $25/day so far from one site (started about 5 days ago). I'm getting an average of 350% return at the moment (every $1 spent on adwords generates about $3.50 in earnings), which I think is pretty good for just starting out, and I'm only a newbie with using adwords.

So just about an hour ago I finished setting up 2 more ad campaigns for 2 new sites to see how they do in the next few days.

Good luck on your goals, hopefully in the near future I'll get to that level :)

adiace, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  17. shetty

shetty Peon

Best Answers:
    My main goal is to get atleast 200 visitors daily and atleast 3 to 4 enquires a day.

My secondary goal is to add atleast 5 pages of content a week.

shetty, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  18. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm still trying to figure out what's reasonable for my site - in terms of seasonal patterns and such.

I have the goal to add at least one new page a week to my site. Usually I make that easy, but in February I was only able to add about that many. A doable adsense goal for my site would be to make 30 dollars a day (on average) by December 2007. That's a 5% increase compared to December 2006 (roughly). To do that: keep up the promotion (free promotion through online networks), which should lead to an increase in regular visitors (already 55% of my visitors) and new links to my site.

I have been getting a nicely diversified income range these days as my web consultancy is getting more successful. I've doubled my hourly rate and customers have not been discouraged by that. :)

I have the goal to get my site up in the top 10 again for some of my primary keywords, but since visitor numbers have gone up, despite some losses on that front, I'm not too worried if that doesn't happen. Diversifying my content has helped get my site up in the top 10 for some unexpected keywords - that make up for the losses in SE-results elsewhere.

My main goal: keep up developing content people want to see. Keep up researching keywords that are relatively easy to get to. Keep up building links to my site. Keep up online promotion.

kh7, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  19. xcentrix

xcentrix Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here are my short term goals for 2007:

Increase traffic to 10,000 uniques per day
    Increase AdSense to $100 per day
    Make my first affiliate sale and increase affiliate sales to 50% of revenue
    Built a highly targeted opt-in list and setup an autoresponder
    Increase organic traffic to 50%
    Increase PageRank to PR 5 or higher
    Increase backlinks to 1000 per site
    Write 100 articles and submit to directories
    Show a profit after expenses

And last but not least network more this year to team up on promotion, JVs, partnerships, and links.

x

xcentrix, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  20. zehrila

zehrila Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice thread, it reminds me of what my goal is. Well actually i am starting my uni in September and i need to study full time and give less time to websites or my part time job so that i can concentrate. This month i am supposed to make 500 and i am working hard towards bringing it to 1k a month before september. Though i have doubled my traffic but the same time ecpm decreased and earning stayed same, i guess i probably need to double up my traffic.

zehrila, Mar 8, 2007 IP