1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

E-gold questions

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Yfcadmin, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @ kjxsn: Nice explaination

@ Disguised: Atleast they dont put a limit like paypal.

@ eddy2099: I can understand about no security to buyer... but a trusted transcation is always good :D

@ cool2g & Skyjuice: I like that feature too :D

Yfcadmin, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  2. RB Holiingsworth

RB Holiingsworth Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you know of anyone who funds egold with Ukash?

RB Holiingsworth, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  3. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    hi there dude,
    If you wish I can help you with paypal to egold. Just PM me. :D

Yfcadmin, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  4. fm1234

fm1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    posted by eddy2099:
    No offence eddy but that is crazy. You got ripped off out the gate -- most of the large, established and reputable exchangers charge in the range of 2-3%

Different people have mixed feelings on this issue; in my personal experience I have been ripped off by customers about 10x as much as I have by merchants (cc chargebacks, and bounced cheques back in my pre-Internet days.)

Almost all of this stuff can be handled through the e-gold SCI. When you get a payment in your bank account does it include e-mail, phone number etc. of the sender?

This is totally wrong. The e-gold fee caps at 0.05 grams of gold, which is about one dollar. You'd need to be sending 5g or about $100 to reach that fee level but again ... send $100 and it's a $1 fee ... $1000 and it's $1 ... $10000 and it's $1.

The storage fee is 1% per year not per month, it's calculated monthly so once per month 1/12th of 1% of your rolling balance is deducted from your account.

See the e-gold fee page for more info ... tried to link to it but I don't have enough posts, sorry.

All supposition. If you think there's no verification involved, try having an account with fake contact info and a lot of gold running through it ... you'll see that e-gold is not nearly so anonymous as people seem to think it is (and note, e-gold has *never* stated that their system is anonymous, and the user agreement stipulates that contact info provided must be accurate and verifiable.) Fraudsters cannot "get away with anything" ... small timers can steal the odd bit of pin money and wash it out through some of the Eastern Euro auto-exchanges into WebMoney but most of the dum dums who try to run large-scale fraud end up losing their butts in the end, because they think stupid thoughts like e-gold is anonymous or facilitates fraud. They think it because of vacuous articles such as are in the OP of this thread and because of the HYIP industry's history with e-gold, but even where e-gold was once arguably lax with HYIPs they have been steadily cracking down on them in the last year.

Note for anyone talking about e-gold being shady or insecure, it's been around for over ten years now, and does ten figures in transactions per year. It might be dwarfed by PayPal but virtually all of these other "cottage industry" operations like AlertPay for example are drops in the bucket compared to e-gold's longevity and business levels.

Frank

fm1234, Mar 7, 2007 IP
    Yfcadmin likes this.
  5. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanx Frank, That explains a lot of things. I guess you are not working in e-gold :D

Yfcadmin, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  6. fm1234

fm1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I don't work at e-gold ... I've just got more than eight years' experience with them, so I've sort of been with them almost every step of the way, and it runs me nuts that this many years down the line all the same old arguments are circulating. Note that e-gold has been in business longer than PayPal or almost any other currently-operating online payment system (I actually can't think of even one that's been around longer but am leaving that open since there's probably one I haven't heard of.)

Frank

fm1234, Mar 10, 2007 IP
  7. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I'd say its true. They have been in business for long time.

Yfcadmin, Mar 10, 2007 IP