1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please put a fee on the Buy, Sell or Trade forum

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by DXL, Mar 3, 2007.

1. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its FREE BST section DP which keeps on compeling me to visiting DP forum again and again..

SO PLEASE SHAWN NEVER MAKE IT CHARGED ( otherwise there would be no difference between SP and DP )

MeetHere, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  2. Artashes

Artashes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I actually in agreement with DXL. The quality of the trading forum is extremely low. When thousands of people trade $1 or free services just to get good reputation/feedback, then the reputation value decreases as well. Even a $2 charge would clean it up big time.

Artashes, Mar 6, 2007 IP
    SEOLinker likes this.
  3. pc_user

pc_user Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What I find interesting is so many people here like so many other threads say "shawn thinks", "shawn would do", "shawn wouldn't do" maybe you can let shawn speak for himself. Instead a more appropriate response would be, as a valued member of this community, I think.

And so comes I think. What I also find interesting about DPF is many times they expect so much for so little or even nothing. Just the other day, I was trying to sell a $100 site and someone criticized me because it didn't have youtube type potential. Such a sign of how novice so many members here really are. Fact is, are most listings absolutely worthless? Yes, without a doubt but fact is that is what makes it a good place. In 100 worthless listings, you get one jewel. I can tell you I bought 1 site for $200 and earned $2,000 only 3 weeks later and that was without even selling it. I bought three domains for $10, $25 and $35 and three weeks later on each of them made more than 10x to 15x their investment by turning them into word clouds. I buy services from various people and sell them to clients for 5x much a week later. Again, a lot of crap but even more potential if you know how to make it.

Are most of the listings worthless, yup but if you don't like it, go elsewhere because you can't get the best of the best and not expect some junk.

I must however say for whatever reason those good deals have somewhat tapered off. While a month ago, i'd buy a site or two a week, now i haven't seen one worth two cents in a while but that's probably more the market than anything and will most likely change in a few weeks as the supply goes back up.

pc_user, Mar 6, 2007 IP
    SEOLinker likes this.
  4. resolva

resolva Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, even a small fee would be good.

Look at sitepoint they must make plenty of money from paid selling/buyers forum :)

resolva, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  5. integrity

integrity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We don't need a fee. We need rules.

integrity, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  6. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No fee = no transaction costs apart from paypal.

This means more trade

More trade is always a good thing.

If a trade did not make the parties involved in the trade better off - THEY WOULD NOT MAKE THE TRADE.

If the two parties are better off for the trade then the B/S/T has achieved the goal of increasing joint wealth of the two parties.

Frictinless trade is the ultimate goal of economics - therefore the BST is basically an economists dreamland that cannot really be achieved anywhere else that I know of.

Hopefully putting in these terms will make the larger picture a bit clearer.

Notting

Notting, Mar 7, 2007 IP