1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to pass the 'value' from JPS or HTML to the CSS file?

Discussion in 'CSS' started by navgreat, Mar 5, 2007.

Hello,
    i'm new to this group and i would like to know, can i pass the value to css file. I've written one css file which consists of many descriptoin of the styles which i've used in my jsp and html pages. What i want is , if some other day if i want to make changes then i've to go to the entire hard-corded .css file then do that. What i want is to make a separate file so that whatever changes i want , i can easily update the file and send the value to the css. Can it is possible to the css. Through this , it will be easy and it's will be the cool gui for the implementation of the css files.
    So, i want to pass the color scheme or the some style sheets represented tags in the css file which i've created. Could anyone help me out in this regard..... Can i pass it though jsp or html???

in advance thanks.....

navgreat, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  2. Garve

Garve Peon

Best Answers:
    If using a scripting language, the CSS file can have any extension and can accept variables.

For instance in ASP a stylesheet called styles.asp would work - eg

-----------------

<% Response.ContentType = "text/css" %>
    body {
    <%
    if request("color") = "" then
    %>
    color: red;
    <%
    else
    %>
    color: <%=request("color")%>;
    <%
    end if
    %>
    }

-----------------

You could use the FSO to pull the styles in from another text document.

Garve, Mar 6, 2007 IP