1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Viral Friend Generator? Any tried?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ianternet, Mar 3, 2007.

http://viralfriendgenerator.com/

above is a link to the viral friend generator I wanted to know if any one has actually tried it, its very interesting as that it TRACKS your tell a friends to see and grow your optinlist and more visitors

has anyone heard of this? also - it seems too expensive for a tell a friend script dont you think?

ianternet, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  2. KIZZY

KIZZY Banned

Best Answers:
    Heard a lot about this but never really tried it myself as I am focusing on other areas!

KIZZY, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  3. RayH

RayH Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed. If it was half the price I would have considered it IMHO. There actually was a big debate about it because another person decided to give out his script for free at viralscript.com. It has tracking too, but if I understand it right VFG can track slightly better.

I'd just use the free one first and then buy VFG afterwards if this is something that you're finding useful. No sense buying it right off the bat.

RayH, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  4. Edynas

Edynas Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the idea and can see it work but the pricetag for a "improved" version of tell a friend is in my opion a bit steep.

The debate was not about viralscript but about the product of Paul Goodman. Mike has a comment on his blog about it and his action to dropping the price to $0,- http://mikefilsaime.com/blog2/?p=175
    The free program was at this place http://www.tafpro.com/ but after Mike had put up his blog the creator of that program apperently decided to drop the $0 price tag and sell it once again.

The other "viral tell a friend script" is indeed at http://www.viralscript.com/ and that one is free the last time I checked it.

But I honestly believe that if you know a bit of php you can make a script like this in a days work. That is also why I am amazed by an other "New" great product that I just saw. Personlized salesletters... I forgot how much but what it did was by using a variable (your name ) in the link in the autoresponder it would personlize the salespage you were directed too. Really I wonder who these people are that buy things like that.... it's a good idea but all it takes is
    <?php echo $name; ?>
    PHP:
    and insert that inside your page where you want to show the name.

Edynas, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  5. KingNomar

KingNomar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats a cool service. I am going to give it a try I guess

KingNomar, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  6. RayH

RayH Peon

Best Answers:
    Edynas - great post. I stumbled upon viralscript.com and then Mike's blog afterwards and put the two together without really looking at it. However the moral remains the same: Try the free one first!

I saw the other script that you speak of as well. Thanks for sharing that info. A lot of people are not intuitive enough to put two and two together. Any chance you could add a bit more to that? Maybe an example of where they'd plug that into an autoresponder such as Aweber or GetResponse to make it work?

RayH, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  7. 30dayswithruss

30dayswithruss Guest

Best Answers:
    Mike Filsaime is a master in starting trends.
    He even started the trend of the $997 courses.

But I have heard that some of the free products are even better than the viral friend generator.

30dayswithruss, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  8. WillB

WillB Peon

Best Answers:
    It always amazes me how people jump on products like this one,
    just because a well known name launched it. There are tons of
    free scripts that will do all the stuff that VFG does.. why would
    anyone pay $97?

WillB, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  9. Edynas

Edynas Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem but I will make a seperate post for that as I do not want to hijack the tread

Edynas, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  10. Colm O'Dwyer

Colm O'Dwyer Peon

Best Answers:
    Colm O'Dwyer, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  11. Edynas

Edynas Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice....I just posted my ramblings about how to do a personalized salesletter with aweber in a new thread. But I am curious about TAFPRO so i am going to have a look at it. Thought that he pulled the free version of the market. Kinda strange thoo that he leaves www.tafpro.com like that and asks $97 for it where he gives the samething away at http://www.viralsoftwaregiveaway.com/free.php

Edynas, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  12. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I built my own "tell a friend script" with tracking, but mine was rather rushed so it is probably no where near as good as the ones mentioned above.

john269, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  13. stanleytang

stanleytang Guest

Best Answers:
    I got the viral friend generator for $47 during a pre-launch special offer. It is actually a much better value, compared to the other tell a friend scripts, because he offered the butterfly marketing manuscript and power link generator as a bonus. The manuscript worths way more than $97 alone.

Stanley Tang

stanleytang, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  14. sohointernet

sohointernet Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, i think you will find it was John Reese with his 'Traffic Secrets' that had the biggest impact on the $997 trend. There were others before him, but he was well before Mike Filsaime.

In a recent message to his list (and subsequently posted to the warrior forum) he said:

"I, unfortunately, think I am responsible for 99% of the $997 (and up) Internet Marketing products that have been released since Traffic Secrets -- because so many tried to duplicate the "Million Dollar Day" and realized that people would pay higher prices now that they were trained to do so. Certainly I wasn't the first person to sell an expensive marketing course... heck, Jay Abraham and Dan Kennedy have been doing it for YEARS. Marlon Sanders also had a $700 or $1,000 massive course as well before Traffic Secrets was created.. and I'm sure there were a few others..."

The reason he said that was that he is bringing a new version out some time in the fairly near future and said it would be at a much lower price.

Gary

sohointernet, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  15. WillB

WillB Peon

Best Answers:
    WillB, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  16. kenttkc

kenttkc Peon

Best Answers:
    I just bought one but need some times to figure it out. Let you know when it done. :>

kenttkc, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  17. 30dayswithruss

30dayswithruss Guest

Best Answers:
    Actually I didnt understand all the features of his script. Is it just the tell a friend script.
    Could anyone of you explain. Although People are already raving about it I still dont understand whether it is for me and why I should pay for it when other similar scripts are free.

Many people must have bought it just because of the herd mentality.

So could anyone explain what exactly does it do?

30dayswithruss, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  18. Edynas

Edynas Peon

Best Answers:
    My guess is that what Aweber says is the situation that you inmiddiatly add the emailadres in the tellafriend form to your subscribers list.
    I see no harm in using a tell a friend form on the thankyou page when they have subscribed to your list and you ask them to tell a friend as long as you keep the 2 seperate...and this is something I do not know about the software...does it try to add the emailadress that were inserted in the tellafriendform to your aweber list? If it does don't use it and figure out a way to seperate the 2

just my 2cents

Edynas, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  19. EGLOBALMOGULS

EGLOBALMOGULS Active Member

Best Answers:
    I to purchased it for a pre release price of 47$. Good software and lot of free bonus. And it is true Aweber is not considering it opt in so you have to use another autoresponder until it gets cleared up. I will report the mailing list results and get back to you. I made my money back within 48 hours selling the free book. If you guys want the free report i will give you a download link to check it out. Just drop me a line!

EGLOBALMOGULS, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  20. LittleMike

LittleMike Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, new to the forum here. No, actually if you read that blog that WillB linked to, AWeber has BANNED the usage of any TAF scripts on any websites where AWeber opt-in lists are associated. In other words you are not allowed to use a TAF script ANYWHERE on a domain you have associated with AWeber. I think they've made a terrible mistake here, but that's what they have ruled. It has nothing to do with automatically subscribing those who have been referred via the TAF. What they said was that because the mail comes from your (the website with the TAF script) server, it does NOT come from the referring friend and so the responsibility of spam falls upon you (the website owner) and not on the referring friend. Basically because you put a script on your website to facilitate word of mouth, you're a spammer. At least in AWeber's eyes. Personally I think I'm going to check in on GetResponse's stance on this. I am very disappointed in AWeber taking a very adamant no on this one because VFG is a good product. Just my two cents. Thanks!

LittleMike, Mar 5, 2007 IP