1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

is this allowed?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Solicitors Mortgages, Jun 16, 2005.

1. av1

av1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    hmm interesting idea, his content is bordered and actually looks more like ads to me than as. i dunno mebbe its just me, im becoming not only ad blind but anything that is intended to stand out blind :)

av1, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  2. fbernard

fbernard Peon

Best Answers:
    That welcome page has ZERO content.

fbernard, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  3. fbernard

fbernard Peon

Best Answers:
    fbernard, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  4. Worldwid

Worldwid Peon

Best Answers:
    Lazyness is what kills people. He could spend 5 hours, write a halfway decent article, using those keywords in the article. It would establish the same thing, provide way more benefit to the user, and not break any TOS/Piss people off all at the same time.

Sorry for sharing the advanced secrets all

Worldwid, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  5. imagerage

imagerage Peon

Best Answers:
    I see it now..wow!

imagerage, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  6. TooHappy

TooHappy Guest

Best Answers:
    [Just scroll to the bottom....]

Lame, very lame! Keep making these high quality websites and you'll do just fine! Nice keyword as well!

TooHappy, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  7. imagerage

imagerage Peon

Best Answers:
    Can someone tell me what's wrong with my ad placements? I am getting terrible CTR.

8. Claymation

Claymation Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing at all wrong with it, as I can see.
    They hit me dead in the eyes "above the fold".
    Very nicely done, in my opinion.

The bottom banner seems to be using the same ads as the top.
    You might try a side skyscraper?
    Try experimenting with AdSense Link box...it can't hurt.

Claymation, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  9. imagerage

imagerage Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll see what I can do, thanks for your opinion. Just right now the ads are performing terrible. Do you know if the adsense stats are delayed? If they are, but how long?

10. Claymation

Claymation Peon

Best Answers:
    Some have said they are delayed today.
    Mine are not...but they could be better.
    Summer is rough.

Have you really optimized your page?
    The keywords look good.

Claymation, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  11. imagerage

imagerage Peon

Best Answers:
    I limited ads to one per page now, I think this will get better paying ads.

12. blackpudding

blackpudding Peon

Best Answers:
    Other than the general naffness of a welcome page there's no content on the welcome page?

IMHO the following program policy applies:
    No Google ad may be placed on any non-content-based pages. This includes error, login, registration, "thank you" or welcome pages.

It might be worth reviewing the program policies and TOS carefully?
    https://www.google.com/adsense/policies

Also I think you've overdone the ads on your main pages; I can see what you're trying to do but it screams out 'spam' to me and isn't likely to result in repeat visitors or end up on anybody's links pages. Personally I'd be tempted push the content a little more and use more subtle ad placement. Your 'Justcook' and 'Justone' sites are equally unappealing, minimal content and in the case of 'Justone' stuffed with adverts (but not relevant local ones!) and way too ambitious in scope. '28,000 PAGES OF UK ADVERTISING, LOCAL CLASSIFIEDS & LOCAL INFORMATION'......I couldn't find any local ads or information in the 5 minutes I wasted there :) Is this supposed to be a spam site? If its making money I take my hat off to you but as a resource its sadly lacking.

Why not concentrate on one site, maybe the recipes one, and then tackle the others?

Cheers
    BP

blackpudding, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  13. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    removed them now, (there was content at time of posting a month ago)...however the whole page will be getting the chop. The software site looks a bit spammy i agree, but it is being worked on...writing some tutorials at the moment..

in regards to your other comments, all the sites are in the sandbox and are not being actively promoted apart from the odd link in a forum sig.

JustOneUK contains about 12,000 links to schools, estate agents, local businesses and information, which is already more than i see on most sites (sorry there is nothing local for your town, please feel free to submit some information for your town) and also links to some 200 affiliated sites,
    It provides a free service and is growing all the time, think of ebay when it only had 5 items :D

Solicitors Mortgages, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  14. blackpudding

blackpudding Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I didn't mean any offence but I browsed to random towns for 5 minutes and found nothing? As for eBay I don't think it would have survived had it had thousands of categories to begin with; it gives the impression of little content which is almost as bad as no content at all. For example, my main sites forum had categories added when there where enough posts on a subject to give them their own section. Personally I think your site would work better if the areas covered where larger and it was honed down to town level when the content for an area reached a certain level? Its kind of like Thomsons vs Yellow pages; Thomsons don't have hundreds of blank pages filled with 'your business here' ads, they just print a smaller book :rolleyes:

Cheers
    BP

blackpudding, Jul 21, 2005 IP
  15. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, i know what you mean...unfortunately i just put my head down,,,started typing,,,and when i eventualy looked up, i had done 28,000 pages :D:rolleyes:

here are 2 pages, so you get the idea where it's supposed to be heading,
    Plumbers-plumbing-Gas-fitters
    adult-education-schools
    i was going to narrow it down, to just a few pages per town, but thats a lot of url's to kill, and i only made it totally free to advertise last week (previously was on a premium line), so its kinda on a new trial period.

Solicitors Mortgages, Jul 21, 2005 IP