1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Obama: "I inhaled frequently...that was the point"

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by KalvinB, Feb 28, 2007.

1. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    What inside knowledge is needed?

Obama is a admitted proud pothead.

That makes him immature and unsuitable for an office of high (not pot high) responsibility.

KalvinB, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  2. mistermix

mistermix Active Member

Best Answers:
    In your mind he has admitted to being a pothead. You are just going through the predictable and childish motions of partisan petty-mindedness.

Maybe you should wait another 6 months before starting, I'm sure you will find alot of things to pretend to care about anyway.

mistermix, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  3. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Why?

why does not being ashamed of smoking pot when someone is young make them immature? or unsuitable for anything?

ferret77, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  4. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I watched the clip, I didn't think he was "gloating" about it. Although he did make a joke, he was basing it on Clinton's statement in 1992 that although he had smoked marijuana, he had "never inhaled," which makes absolutely no sense. Therefore, he's not "immature" or "pot friendly," he is just honest and has a dry sense of humor.

Tyler Banfield, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  5. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    I get that he's trying to joke. But it'd be more presidential to be honest and add that you don't support the use of drugs and realize now that it was a silly thing to do. Or he could talk about how he thinks it was wrong to break the law but from his experience he doesn't feel the law is right.

If he does think it was okay what he did then that doesn't look very good because

a) he condons breaking the law
    b) he condons using drugs

That's not a something parents are going to want their kids looking up to.

KalvinB, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  6. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    GTech, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  7. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    But its a silly thing to do that every normal person does

some laws are stupid, and almost everyone breaks them

its victimless crime , its no more immoral then drinking a beer or smoking a cig

almost all those same parents smoked at least once

ferret77, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  8. YoungSmeagol

YoungSmeagol Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't this a little old. I thought the new Obama bash was that he is apart of a "black separatist" church or that his middle name is "Hussien".

Seriously, why are you making a big deal out of this. Attacking Obama in the primary is pointless. Who has the better chance of winning the Whitehouse Obama or Hilary Clinton? Keep in mind that John MCcain lost the Republican Primaries in 2000 because a rumor got started that he had a "black baby".

Do you seriously think that Obama is going to get votes out of that kind of crowd? I doubt it.

YoungSmeagol, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  9. DarkBrothers

DarkBrothers Active Member

Best Answers:

This post is amazing... Do you really believe Bush has quit? He just denies being the addict he is (as most addicts do). You're falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

DarkBrothers, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  10. exponent

exponent Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm voting for Obama. He's been honest about everything people have asked him about. We need an honest President. Besides.. I could care less what color he is as long as he does a good job. Whats wrong with a little weed in the 70s? I mean.. if you want to debate about the past.... what about George W. Draft-dodger

exponent, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  11. future

future Banned

Best Answers:
    no matter what OK
    Obama will win and I Love Obama Thinking and Personality

future, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  12. moneyspeaks

moneyspeaks Peon

Best Answers:
    I love that obama inhaled regularly, but he is definately not going to win any election

moneyspeaks, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  13. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    That rumor was probably started by the wacky left that wants to pretend that Republicans are racist.

He lost because he doesn't have the support of the Republican party because his views are not in line with the party enough. He and maybe a couple other republicans were the only republicans that voted for government sponsored stem cell research. Every other vote for it was democrats.

But no, his politics can't possibly be why he lost. It has to be because of a "black baby" rumor.

It's rediculous how racist the democrats are. Everything to them is about race or sex or religion, anything but their political views.

McCain lost and will continue to lose because of his politics. Unless he switches to independent or the democrat party he's never going to get the nomination.

KalvinB, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  14. mistermix

mistermix Active Member

Best Answers:
    Democrats blah, Republicans blah.

Do you ever say anything about policy yourself?

mistermix, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  15. think_jc

think_jc Peon

Best Answers:
    reading everyone;s opinion here is cool, shows we have the right to say what we want to say, believe what we want to believe, think what right is right and what wrong is wrong. What I think is funny is why is it in the end a democrat always seems to get vilified? I always hear how bad they are but for some reason I never see a karl rove or tom delay come from the democratic party. Why does it always seem to be a debate about values? Heres the thing about liberals, they have values but just don’t stand up to debate them, which I think is wrong, and conservatives run and debate every drop of it for a chance that the not so blue working force of the democratic party sway and end up not voting at all, which I also think is wrong. I won’t say am a liberal, I won’t say am a conservative, quite frankly I think am too smart for both, as is the majority of Americans and nothing will change till we can compromise… We’d rather in the mean time vote for our next American idol and prove the british that one of our own can sing.

think_jc, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  16. mistermix

mistermix Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you, mostly.

The problem about debating real policies has alot to do with the mainstream tv media only wanting to discuss issues that are simple and emotional. Its all about ratings for them.

The real issues are too complicated and wordy to make it into the headlines. The major political challenges of the next few years will be healthcare reform, education, domestic poverty, high personal debt and high federal debt. The mass media (and she sheep following) would rather talk about abortion, drugs, sex, being gay, and religion.

The only place on TV to hear the current presidential candidates talking about the real policies is C-Span. I've watched most of the candidates talk and one party talks about poverty, the mistaken war, healthcare and foreign policy whilst the other party candidates are keen to talk about having a family, loving their country, supporting the military, immigration and the theory of god.

17. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. How could Republicans forgive him for being intelligent and for science instead of a religious fanatic dumb ass or at least pretend to be so? :rolleyes:

gworld, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  18. mistermix

mistermix Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the TV told him to be against stem cell research.

19. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting, indeed...

eXe, Mar 3, 2007 IP