1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

LinkMarket.net is a TOTAL scam . Stay Awayyyy. Read more inside

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by max-seo-guru, Jul 19, 2005.

Hi everybody
    It's not good to spoil the fun i see inside for LM but stay away from linkmarket.net
    They are TOTAL SCAMS

There are several reviews over the internet for them
    I read lately a way too fool %100 their system and i saw a windows program that does this job automatically. The person in a car forum created more than 3500 backlinks with this program,made a fake linkpage and blocked SE with css hack

If you do this job (link exchange) for long,learn the white and the black spots of this business. There are css,htaccess,robot and OTHER hacks that immunize the system of LinkMarket.net completely

Why do you think they have the highest traffic for a linkexchange site ?
    Because they are the best ? :)
    You know how many flies go around a rotten fruit?
    There are MANY MANY "webmasters" that abuse already LinkMarket.net

There are also LOT of security holes and ways to give away your precious PR share to other sites

Did you increase your PR from their links ?
    Right and Wrong. Some sites may link back to you but you will end up linking to scam sites and you will notice it when your PR will drop at the next Google Dance. How do you know if Google didn't ban the site you continue to link back ?
    Do you know how fragile is a PR, or you think that it has only increasing rate ?

I'm sure you already know that PR is not the same for all pages and subdomains of a site
    If the site that links back to you bury your site link 4-5 directories down will not be the same with a frontpage or second page link
    For example about the subdomains :
    http://www.linkmarket.net has PageRank 6/10.
    http://linkmarket.net has PageRank 3/10 ( PR drops 3 number for a site dedicated to this job?)
    http://www.linkmarket.us has PageRank 2/10. ( 2 take nearly every site )
    http://linkmarket.us has PageRank 0/10. ( 0 PR !!!! )

LinkMarket.net and Google don't look they are good buddies

The first thing LinkMarket.net does is to put their URL to your page
    With thousands of hits everyday as they say and thousands of websites linking back , they managed in 2 years from 2003 according to Internet Archive to get PR 6 ? Does this look normal to you ?

I remember one last thing i read in one review
    Look at their directory
    There you will find urls with affiliate ids (at the form : http:www.company.com/affiliate/track.cgi?a=username << this was just an example)
    From which site this dear webmaster will link back to your site ?
    How the people in LinkMarket.net approved this link to be inserted to their directory as quality link ?
    Novice users may think that this is a good link because they will see the PR of the company website or the PR of a free hosting provider

Why do they approve as a different account websites with many subdomains ?
    For example : subdomain1.awebsite.com maybe one account, subdomain2.awebsite.com is another
    Is this the quality they are proud of ?

What's the purpose of directory.php in their robots.txt and why they don't permit Search Engines to crawl this file?
    # All robots will spider the domain
    User-agent: *
    Disallow: /temp/
    Disallow: /crawler/
    Disallow: /hits.php
    Disallow: /directory.php

Why Google put in his cash this file and what was it's purpose ?
    www.linkmarket.net/TMPj1eh54nl8h.php

(the robots and the .php file are just indications . The problem is that there are real proofs,with the help of their system MANY webmasters abuse others. Search carefully the internet and you'll find websites and forums mention that LinkMarket.net system "helps" SCAMS to abuse you)

Trust me (ok don't,just double check everything) and stay away from LinkMarket.net

The things are not as good as they look

I review a new site about link exchange it looks stunning from the features i saw. I will wait few time to be sure it works and report back

Again stay away from LinkMarket.net . Sorry to say but MANUAL is the best method and the secret to PR over 5

max-seo-guru, Jul 19, 2005 IP
    prowess and mi25 like this.
  2. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    yeah right

linkmarket could have a lot of improvements but its still not bad for $25.00 a year

I have site that has pretty much 100% of its links from linkmarket and msn lists like 2000 links and yahoo lists a thousand.

If you subtract 2-4 hundred from other link building and scraper sites, its still close to a thousand backlinks from their system.

Link market makes little improvements here and there, they notify people of people who don't add the links, although its too much time involved for me to take the time to take down their links. Hopefully everyone else will get them enough so its not profitable to do it anymore.

If I could wrtie something to automate that process, they'd be gone, linkmarket loves to have people click on shit 10 times to get the info.

You should try linksmanager if you are concerned with "quality" sites, they have much stricter guidelines to get in.

ferret77, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  3. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Talk about a drama queen.

Its a tool which you can use one of many ways. Its up to you to take a bit of responsibility!

It isn't a scam, its a $25 a year service that has limitations

There is a big difference.

You of course expect linkmarket to change peoples robots file.......get real

yfs1, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  4. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    You're hysterical- calm down!

Crazy_Rob, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  5. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Someone unwrapped the free AOL CD and came to enlighten me of their worldly experiences. My life is now complete :rolleyes:

GTech, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  6. prowess

prowess Guest

Best Answers:
    He is right. I found it disturbing that you can cheat the system to easily. Also, there are a ton of truly spammy sites. LM will also allow you to creat triangle link networks with no regard for the link location. This way you can link to whomever you want without loss of PR to your legitimate site. Also linkmarket seems to have some seo firendly things built in, like informing you of excessive links on a page, but doesn't enforce this. If LM created a spider that would crawl each url to find the other user's links, it would be a kicka$$ system worth much more that 25$ a year. I emailed them back in April I think about this problem. I was informed that they would be working on the problem.

prowess, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  7. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Where is personal responsibilty????? You have to check your links.

Link Market just sets up the arrangement for you. Its up to you to do the rest.

Are people this lazy? :confused:

Why not use Chachis free tool at http://www.clicksentry.com/ to keep checking your links

yfs1, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  8. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Linkmarket.net is one of the best linking facilities available on the web. Use your judgement when you decide which sites to link to, or not.

mcfox, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  9. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Not to mention there is a big difference between best/worst/etc and the word you used --- Scam

yfs1, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  10. max-seo-guru

max-seo-guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Bad is when their system has limitations as you admitted in the previous posts
    Scam is when they say they screen a website for a week to ensure quality for their system and insert an affiliate url or multiple sites with different subdomains as separate websites.

As for the $25 are total waste for me because i'm not interested to see a better PR number and loose it after Google moves her hips the moment she will dance ( PR and Google Search Rank are not the same ). I saw sites with LinkMarket.net to have PR 4 drop to 2 and then to 0

The idea of Link Exchange was not from the start to increase PR but to increase traffic
    So i have specific sites that i work with and ONLY frontpage link exchange
    Sites i launched with no other link exchange and frontpage links from : 1 x PR5 , 5 x PR4 and 8 x PR3 made the new ones with PR3 and PR4 in 1.5-2 months. What i want to say is that you don't need services like LinkMarket (which you must avoid at all cost according to my opinion)
    You need to have some good relations with only just a few webmasters. You help each other in a sincere and honest level

Not forgetting the LinkMarket issue i will add one more post i found and it's more serious

They suspended before 3 months a master account of a person with all the sites in it ( that guy lost more than $300 which is the cost for the yearly master account ) because they thought it was giving too much traffic to their system , creating many link exchange requests
    They suspended his account after 60 days of the payment (on purpose according to my opinion)
    He couldn't file a dispute to Paypal because it was a service and the 45 days had passed. He couldn't file a dispute to the bank of the credit card because Paypal would suspend his account due to their rules that don't permit disputes outside of Paypal
    So this guy lost more than $300 and he couldn't do anything

There are a LOT of horror stories about LinkMarket.net. Stay AWAY

So i will not only say LinkMarket is a SCAM but also BEWARE
    If you want to omit my post, think all these are just fantasies and don't have even the slightest hesitation for them, go on , i can't stop you, but DON'T pay them

5 requests per day are OK so you don't have to pay them. It will allow you to have time and verify each site, also if you have a PR3 or more they will come and ask for link exchange so it will be ok if you are a free member

DON'T make the mistake and think you can do more by paying !!!

If you do want to go somewhere to create an account go to Link-Vault.com
    LV is light years ahead, reliable, they do manual work and it's not that easy to cheat their system
    It takes some time to get used of their "electricity" but you will get much more from them that you will get as a full member in LinkMarket
    They are %100 free, not even the $25 LinkMarket requests
    (My suggestion was not to use any of these sites, but Link-Vault.com is a solution in case you do want to be a member of a Link Exchange group)

Also i want to say that even yfs1 and mcfox are fans of linkmarket for some reason there are not many people that can hear a bad review
    They all want to believe everything is fine with LM when it's not ?
    Don't you want to learn the truth behind LinkMarket.net masquerade ?
    Don't you want someone to say his opinion when he wasted a lot of his time to verify and gather info about these people (LM) ?

Look the last reputation posts :
    LinkMarket.net is a TOTA... 07-19-2005 07:52 AM feck off
    LinkMarket.net is a TOTA... 07-19-2005 07:38 AM
    LinkMarket.net is a TOTA... 07-19-2005 07:26 AM go to your mommy and cry -kalius
    LinkMarket.net is a TOTA... 07-19-2005 07:04 AM WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Stop crying!
    LinkMarket.net is a TOTA... 07-19-2005 06:52 AM mostly crap post cmon now

max-seo-guru, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  11. yfs1

Best Answers:
    And the truth finally comes out. You obviously don't understand the differences between these sites and your post is filled with exageration.

Get lost.

I don't have any affiliation with Linkmarket and neither does mcFox but we have COMMON SENSE.

Maybe if you used it once and a while you would realize that Linkmarket is merely an introduction service. A way to find POTENTIAL link partners. Its up to you to actually follow through and check your links, etc.

Yes, Linkmarkets tech support responds slow
    Yes, they could easily add a few features that would probably improve it
    Yes, having to click on individual trades can get a bit tedious

What do you want for $25 a year?????

You just don't get it.

I admit to giving you a red (which isn;t listed there) because you insist this is a Scam when you obviously don't understand that word. You could argue its not the right service for you but a Scam???? You are in a forum of webmasters who take your slander very seriously because they could be next on your list.

Sell crazy someplace else cause we already have plenty

yfs1, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  12. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    linkmarket a total scam,

[​IMG]

ferret77, Jul 20, 2005 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  13. kalius

kalius Peon

Best Answers:
    :D nobody else leave their name with bad reputation? :D

kalius, Jul 20, 2005 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  14. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    That one was me...sorry, I usually leave my name.

Crazy_Rob, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  15. max-seo-guru

max-seo-guru Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't say you or mcfox affiliate with LinkMarket, i said for some reason
    A reason maybe because you like it or anything else. Don't put words to my mouth

I didn't expect everything from LinkMarket with $25 or even at least few things
    In fact i didn't expect anything, just honest operation of their sites

Let me ask you this. If you had a site similar to LinkMarket and obviously had some expenses and a profit, would you care for sites that from the first look shout "i'm an abuser of your system" or not? At least LM doesn't

I said that if someone wants to join after all THESE let him join, just DON'T PAY these $25

Now why you take it personal and you tell me to "Get Lost" , i don't know
    I'm a new member and i will probably get lost, but this information are just for you and me ?

"And the truth finally comes out"

Yes i agree. It's out from the first post

I see that YOU CAN'T follow my posts

Linkmarket is not a way to find POTENTIAL link partners but a way to loose your time

Let me explain :

- You are responsible for the link back verification, quality of the site, PR....OK

1. Are you a fan of quality or quantity. I said that the best way is the MANUAL mode, you disagree?
    2. Do you think newbie webmasters will be able to do all the things they are necessary to protect themselves with linkmarket?
    3. Why they cancelled a master account when everything worked ok and everything went by the book and didn't refund more than $300 according to my previous post?

Dear yfs1 please don't use the phrase COMMON SENSE as your own privilege

Common Sense is a prism. Believe me it's not so common. Forum is here to present the facts
    You are not right, i'm not right. Let the readers decide

As for the red you said you gave me, you are old member and i can't argue with this but everyone that don't agree with you doesn't mean he will get a red
    Doens't he ?

I believe the review roll to flame post

Moderators do as you please

16. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

fryman, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  17. yfs1

Best Answers:
    This makes no sense, I don't even know what you are asking
    They better learn...If they don't even have a grasp of the basics, they aren't going to do very well
    Total BS
    This isn't about disagreeing, this about right and wrong. You are posting that Linkmarket is intentionally stealing money from people like a fly by night company. I believe this ridiculous accusation is slander as you have not produced an ounce of proof that they are Scamming people. Are people abusing their system? Probably, but with 10 seconds work you can see this and not exchange links with them.

yfs1, Jul 20, 2005 IP
    bustour likes this.
  18. max-seo-guru

max-seo-guru Peon

Best Answers:
    So you are right and i'm wrong ? :)

Let the people decide. I posted my review, you said your opinion

I will say it again and honestly i don't know why you don't agree and here yes i will raise parallel affiliation with LinkMarket or even maybe more

The reason for this is that you respond with "Get Lost" and "Total BS" when i say NOT TO PAY LinkMarket and sign as free member

I say in every post for people out there :

If you don't have any hesitation for LinkMarket after this post proceed and signup. They allow you 5 link requests per day
    No harm done. You can't loose anything else apart your time

Why you get mad when i say not to PAY them ?
    Isn't it logical according to your "Common Sense" to test the system and find the vanuarability by themselves?

Tip: You can do a lot with UID variable in their pages. No encryption of any kind. Emails and Lists could be extracted from their database easily. Just recently they changed even the feature to see the email and the name of the partner you exchange links. This lead to data extraction and spam from various sites over the internet. This means for me that they don't care for their members and at least the very fundemental to protect their privacy. This is what i expect even from a free site, not a site with $25 per year, and the list of bad features don't end with this.

"10 seconds work you can see this and not exchange links"
    Really? Then you either have a really fast connection or you process too fast the data
    Give me the list of the sites you exchange links from LinkMarket and i will find at least 2 sites they abuse you without even knowing

As i see the main site you promote here is www.articledepot.co.uk
    You added this site in LinkMarket on (05.13.2005)
    and your PR is : www.articledepot.co.uk has PageRank 3/10 that you got from the url of your signature in this forum, other forum posts and article references (Google) with 11,605 total links according to marketleap
    So you can either tell me that you promote OTHER sites in LinkMarket or you may explain how the sites you choose and check in LinkMarket didn't gave you a decent PR?
    Let me guess. The site is new and you didn't have time to deal this because you had other tasks?

"This isn't about disagreeing, this about right and wrong"
    Are you a dictator or something?
    Your forum reputation doesn't mean you are right
    Do you set the rules who is right and who is wrong?

Where i'm supposed to find proof that they don't scam their customers?
    Do you want me to start search people and interogate them to present me a paper or give me access to their paypal account?
    However i do believe they scam and steal because the whole profile of their site and their behaviour ... glue
    On the other hand can you present me the facts that make you SO sure they are honest and good people and that they care for their sites as much as we all care for our sites?

Don't insult people with "Get Lost" and "BS"
    I'm surprised to see that YOU as owner (i assume) of articledepot.co.uk you speak about Right and Wrong in an issue so relative

There is no right and wrong. It's my opinion and your opinion

Let the People Decide ... Simple as THAT
    If you don't agree with this THEN i don't know what else i can say

TO fryman :
    You're right. If panda could speak maybe it could explain better than me how LinkMarket is a site that everyone must avoid :)

19. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    face it right now if you a link whore, and are trying to swap as many links as possible

the best choices to swap lots of links are

A) linkmarket
    $25.00 a year
    lets anyone in

B) Linkpartners
    $20.00 a month
    Frowns on thin affialtes

Since a lot of my sites are spammy affilate sites link market is perfect for me

If you want to swap more relevent links join linkpartners

To me the idea of doing things manually is crazy, I have like 100 sites, I used to do things manually for a minute when I first started, but it way less efficient

ferret77, Jul 20, 2005 IP
  20. max-seo-guru

max-seo-guru Peon

Best Answers:
    ferret77 you're right. If you have a spammy affiliate site LM is perfect

As a side note if people want to sign with LinkMarket to spam the site or use it as they want MAKE SURE you use a credit card and NOT Paypal

If they ban their account for no reason ( as they usually do ) they will have 6 months to dispute the transaction to their bank and not 45 days that Paypal gives as buyer protection