1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What difference does it make?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by hmansfield, Feb 28, 2007.

I am just curious.
    If you have a site, or a blog with generous amounts of traffic and it makes money..GOOD MONEY...What difference does the chase for a higher PR make, if any?
    As long as surfers keep coming, and coming back, does it really matter to you what Google ranks it as?

Just curious to how others feel.

hmansfield, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  2. manageyourlinks

manageyourlinks Peon

Best Answers:
    its doesnt PR is a metric for newbies, flat out. I get so sick of reading about PR this PR that, I bet if you had titled this post with the word PR in it I wouldn't have commented :)

manageyourlinks, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  3. trafficnotice

trafficnotice Peon

Best Answers:
    Heh, manageyourlinks is right that PR doesn't matter if you already have a popular website with lots of traffic that you are monetizing. If by any chance you do get a high PR, however, then you can sell links to others and make some more money if you want. The fact that so many people go crazy over PR makes it easy for those with good sites to make extra money. I actually believe that the reason so many people hype PR is because they can sell links to others even if it means nothing in terms of increased traffic for them. It's all a scam :)

trafficnotice, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  4. ez-online-money.com

ez-online-money.com Peon

Best Answers:
    If I had a steady stream of traffic, buyers and sign ups I could care less what my PR is.

ez-online-money.com, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  5. tigrrra

tigrrra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dont get so mad do you hate PR so much because ur site is only a PR2? lol

PR is not that important but its nice to have :)

tigrrra, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  6. manageyourlinks

manageyourlinks Peon

Best Answers:
    I could care less. I am not actively building links for that site nor am I chasing PR.

The site is only a few months old as well so I am not going to go slit my wrists over it.

like others stated its nice to have only if your goal is to sell links to people like tigrrras who have no idea how the algorithms really work.

7. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't think anybody is against PR, it is certainly nice to have, but what I care about most is,
    Are people coming to my site, or blog?
    Do they like being there?
    Do they spend money when they get there? How much? (and conversion ratio)
    Will they be back?
    Will they send others?

PAGE RANK does not equal money!

Your site can be a PR 5, 6, 7,..what ever. If it sucks. It sucks.
    All that SEO, and link management mean squat, if the visitors are not converting.
    This may be new technology, but the basic skills of marketing, still apply.

I'll be a PR 0 all day, if the checks are coming in.
    Who cares?

8. tigrrra

Best Answers:
    you don’t have to get all angry manageyourlinks and mean about it :) don’t talk smack on something you don’t have. just fyi all my sites that I invest a day in get PR4 on the 1st update after the site is released so I do know a lil bit about PR when your site get PR5+ then we can talk ps learn a bit more about design while your at it.

Like everyone know PR is good to make money and as we all know here we are doing everything we can to get more money so if you can make more why not?

PR dose = money
    a pr 7 link can make you 100+/mo sell 10 links that 1k extra in your pocket for doing noting

tigrrra, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  9. manageyourlinks

manageyourlinks Peon

Best Answers:
    People like you just fill up DP with all the PR bs, and thus misinforming most webmasters with the inclination that you have to have high PR to rank well.

I have to dig through most of it to get to the worthwhile posts on here, so I get irritated rather easily when the topic arises.

BTW the site I manage has interior pages with PR7.

10. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    tigrrra, you are right, I said that wrong.
    PR does not equal conversions., and of course, even by the sheer numbers of it...if you throw 10k visitors at a site, no matter how bad it sucks, you will probably sell something.

tigrrra likes this.
  11. tigrrra

Best Answers:
    Have you noticed that I said noting about ranking? 1st of all there is no one here at DP twisting your arm to buy links on high PR or buy sites with high PR you chose to be here. And I don’t know how you can talk smack on people that are on here with higher PR they know what they are doing unlike you. What dose your site rank then let’s see your stats there buddy do you rank in the top 10 for a popular search in 100,000,000+ results?(<= btw that site is PR3) I do so before you open your mouth look into it.

Do you want to know how I got in the top 10? With the help of people like the ones on DP if you ask the right questions they will give you the answer.

tigrrra, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  12. manageyourlinks

manageyourlinks Peon

Best Answers:
  13. tigrrra

Best Answers:
    lol what dose that mean that i was looking to buy some links? what dose that have to do with this? i was looking and people offered i dont see your link there? oh wait urs its only PR2

tigrrra, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  14. rzvagelsky

rzvagelsky Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You guys are getting way off topic. The question was whether or not PR makes a difference once you have traffic...and the truth is...it doesn't. But the thing about PR and traffic is that they usually go hand in hand. For instance, if you are getting traffic from great rankings in the SERPs...then you also have great links pointing at your site (which would result in a higher PR). But unless you are going to sell links...using PR as a measure of success is completely useless.

rzvagelsky, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  15. tigrrra

Best Answers:

I agree with that

tigrrra, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  16. Christine8

Christine8 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. PageRank has pretty much lost its value. It's just a pretty looking think in the Google tool bar and seems to be mainly driven by maturity (not inbound links).

Christine8, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  17. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy in thinking there is waaaayyy too much emphasis put on , as if it is the "end all , be all of web existence".
    I have many clients that do just fine with minimal PR, but I also stress the importance of many other things, one of which is conversions from the site.

If you get 30 uniques a day, and the phone rings 12 times...we are on the right track!

Generally, the ones that have read something about PR, and want to know "how fast can you get me ranked", I get them what they want first, and then construct what they NEED.
    They don't get it either, but that's good.
    I love it when someone says to a referral, "I don't know how they did it, but..."

18. Janna122003

Janna122003 Banned

Best Answers:
    I think PR is gain through link popularity and the relevance of your content. But has no value at all as long as you get high traffic.

Janna122003, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  19. SeLFiE

SeLFiE Banned

Best Answers:
    PR wasn't have much of a value...it is just how google sees your site...having high PR doesn't mean that you'll be on top of SERPs...traffic plus high conversion/sales will be much better than having high PR with low sales...i must agree with rzvagelsky...

SeLFiE, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  20. Tim.L

Tim.L Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest, if you've got a website with good revenue and traffic then you dont really need PR. The only thing PR does is determine places in google listings. And even then, if you find the right niche, you can get to the top of the SERPs whilst having hardly any PR.

Tim.L, Mar 1, 2007 IP