1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A Tutorial To Writing an eBook!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by integrity, Feb 28, 2007.

This article is to help you become more motivated in writing your eBook with Integrity, then publishing it. So let’s get started with exact steps on how to write in a timely fashion!

1. The first step in writing an eBook is to pick the Niche (Topic) of your eBook.

2. After you have picked your topic you need to pick the exact subject of your main topic. For example, let’s say you pick dogs as your topic, you should pick a smaller part of that niche, such as “How To Groom Your Dog” (the reason I say to pick a smaller part of a niche is because there is usually way to much competition for big keywords like that.)

3. For third you should pick 8-12 chapter titles (just my suggestion, you might need more or you might need less chapters). For Example look below.

1. The Motion In Which You Should Brush Your Dog

2. How To Shampoo Your Dog

3. The Best Shampoos On The Market For Dogs

4. How to Trim Your Dog’s Hair

5. Case Studies On Dog Groomers

6. Hiring a Dog Groomer

7. Bonus Chapter! The History of Dogs

8. Recommended Products

4. Write out chapter notes for each title. Something short. Write out what the purpose of the chapter is.

5. Try to put only the info they need to know in the product. Don’t fill it with fluff. If one chapter has 3 pages, it has 3 pages. People want straight to the point stuff.

6. Spend 15 minuets straight just writing as fast as you can about your subject, as fast as you can. Don’t type. Write it freehand first. Be very descriptive. This is to help you get ready to write your eBook. Its good for the mind.

7. If you spend a good 12 hours you can write a 100 page eBook.

8. So at this point you have written your eBook. Congratulations! You are one step closer. Now you need a book title. The long descriptive ones always win. People also want to relate. The title “How A Texas Woman Lost 47 Pounds In 43 Days!” beats in sales the title “How To Lose Weight!” any day.

9. Next you need a website. You need to register a domain name and get some hosting for it. I recommend using Godaddy.com.

10. When picking a domain name you should buy a short descriptive one for best results. As for hosting, you shouldn’t need too much space or bandwidth. Though you will want to get at least a medium sized plan just in case you need some extra.

11. You now need a template for your website. If you don’t already have one you can design your own, pay someone to design you one, buy one from a place like BuyTemplates.net, or just use a free one from a place like FreeWebTemplaes.com

12. You may also want to create an eBook Cover. I suggest using KillerCovers.com to create your cover.

13. Alright. You now have a template. You should now write something very long and descriptive about your eBook, write your salesletter. Tell your buyer why they should buy your product and how it will help them. Be very descriptive.

14. Now you need a way to sell your product. You need a merchant account. You can use PayPal.com, 2Checkout.com, or even ClickBank.com (my favorite). You can use these sites to sell your digital product and receive payment.

15. Other places you can sell your digital product is at Amazon.com, Blish.com, and even LuLu.com.

16. Now that you have a site that fully works you need people to come visit it. Some if the ways to get people to your site the fastest is to use a PPC program such as Adwords or you can buy links on people’s sites that are related to yours. You could also write some articles about your topic and submit to article directories, in your bio in the articles you put the link back to your site.

17. Alright. You now have a great site and some traffic! So just sit back and enjoy all of the sales!

Hope this article I wrote was helpful.

integrity, Feb 28, 2007 IP
    commandos and TomN like this.
  2. gder01

gder01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks.

Some questions; an ebooke cover is just a picture right? Like a logo? If so, why not just hire to make 1 on photoshop for like 10 bucks?

Also, what format are these books in? PDF? If so, how do you make an ebook in the PDF file format.

Great Tutorial BTW.

gder01, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  3. RayH

RayH Peon

Best Answers:
    Great 30,000 foot view! If you could provide a little more info on the sales copy that would be useful since it is one of the most difficult parts of the process.

I encourage a lot of people to actually write out a draft of their sales copy first. Imagine that the book was already created, and then begin writing a sales letter that told of the many benefits that it would provide. What secrets would it show you? What benefits would it give? Would it save you time? Money? Effort? All of the above? By writing out this sales copy draft it often gives you 95% of the type of information that will be provided in your book.

Finally, the traffic topic IMHO is a lot more difficult of an issue. The articles and purchasing links are great advice, but there are also forums, free advertisement sites, and also important is SEO so that people on the net can ultimately find you.

But overall excellent post! I'm sure a lot of people are at the base of the mountain so to speak and found this information incredibly useful!

RayH, Feb 28, 2007 IP
    TomN likes this.
  4. RayH

RayH Peon

Best Answers:
    gder01 - Regarding the cover, it is not only a picture and text but it is often a 3D representation of a physical book. It helps tremendously in projecting a sense that your customer is buying an actual product, even if it is electronic.

You are correct, it often is in PDF format. You can create PDFs for free from Microsoft Word documents easily using free programs such as CutePDF. However if you want to include live links within it to direct people to specific websites then the full version of Adobe Acrobat Pro is often needed.

If you cannot afford Acrobat Pro (it is a bit pricey) you can often find people that will convert it for you for a nominal fee.

RayH, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  5. integrity

integrity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input Ray. I am not good at writing salesletters. If your not good I would find someone who is. :)

integrity, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  6. CreationsByRichie.com

CreationsByRichie.com Banned

Best Answers:

Thank you for this information. I was searching for this - i will check out cutePDF.

Richie

CreationsByRichie.com, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  7. jgjg

jgjg Peon

Best Answers:
    you can get bullet points for the sales copy from the product.

A great headline and great, intriguing bullet points go a long way.

I recommend a product at http://www.salesletterkit.com for making profit pulling salesletter in about 3hrs.

Also I agree on good eCover graphics...but to get the best, they aren't cheap: $270 with banner, footer and background tile.

(KillerCovers is awesome!)

If you are serious about it, you are right, these things help a lot.

jgjg, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  8. integrity

Best Answers:
    integrity, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  9. kehnee

kehnee Peon

Best Answers:
    I am in the process of making an ebook for someone. This post couldn't have come at a better time.

Thanks.

kehnee, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  10. integrity

Best Answers:
    No problem. Hope it is an inspiration to all! ;)

11. NicheGuy

NicheGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent, certainly useful instructions for anyone interested in writing their own ebook.

You can write and convert docs to pdf with OpenOffice [openoffice.org] which is free software.

NicheGuy, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  12. omecool

omecool Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    like kehnee, I am also in the midst of writing of my first ebook ;-) so this article couldn't have come at a better time.

Can we just use a picture and touch it up with Photoshop ?

Thanks ;-)

omecool, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  13. kehnee

kehnee Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are good with photoshop, you can do anything you want. I do all my design work in photoshop, and will definately be using photoshop for the ebook cover.

The conversion to PDF: CorelDraw will do that too. There are lots of options out there.

kehnee, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  14. integrity

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. :)

15. jgjg

jgjg Peon

Best Answers:
    jgjg, Mar 1, 2007 IP
    gder01 likes this.
  16. gder01

gder01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    rep points added. This is very useful. thanks alot guys

gder01, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  17. integrity

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the link jgig. It was very usefull. :)

integrity, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  18. RayH

RayH Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed. This is turning into a great introduction to ebook creation. I watched the videos from jgjg... good stuff! If I could add some constructive critisism, I thought they were good, but that formatting can be very rough on the eyes for the average reader and is rarely used nowadays. There is much more emphasis on font size/type and formatting to make it easier to read on the screen or print out. That being said, it was very informative and the large majority of that info is still applicable for formatting and time saving.

A few of you gave some great alternatives that can be used to convert word documents to PDFs. Do you guys know if these methods support live links? They are extremely important for bringing visitors back to your site, for promoting products on the back-end and also for viral marketing. These are important components that all others should try to take advantage of to get the most of their writing efforts.

RayH, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  19. integrity

Best Answers:
    integrity, Mar 16, 2007 IP