1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making an income from a new website.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by DarrenC, Jul 9, 2005.

I'm thinking of ways I can make an income from my new business, and excluding adwords are they any other ways I could make an income from the site in the form of advertising.

I have just uploaded the advertising page and wondered on peoples thoughts on the rates, and ideas for advertising

travel-rants.com/advertising.html

Any thoughts?

Darren

DarrenC, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  2. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems expensive to me. PR 0.

Only 4 months worth of archives. However, if the traffic was there it is very targeted which is good.

For that kind of money, you'll need to justify it with stats.

thats my opinion.

Brandon

AfterHim.com, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  3. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Brandon, thanks for the feedback.. yes, the site has only been indexed in Google etc for 2 months, but I have some good links pointing to the domain, so hopeing for much more in the update.. even so, yes for a PR0 it is expensive.. but IF (don't you hate if questions) it was a PR4 or PR5 would you pay that money?

DarrenC, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  4. scottatmu

scottatmu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly ... sometimes I wish Google would disable PR ... I have a couple sites that have no PR, yet get 100's of uniques per day, some even thousands. So honestly, I would look at the travel market and see if there are a lot of small companies out there that if they paid your prices would still stand to make a profit off a sales of their services.

scottatmu, Jul 12, 2005 IP
  5. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, since it is a PR4 now, I think the advertising rates are more inline. Of course, you are talking pounds, and there are more pounds to the dollar, so I would be willing to spend money on that advertising if the money were in US dollars.

Good site still.

AfterHim.com, Jul 18, 2005 IP
  6. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I totally agreewith scottatmu, I couldn't care less about PR when looking for a place to dvertise my site. As long as you can send me good, targeted traffic that is all that matters

fryman, Jul 18, 2005 IP
  7. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Darren,

I believe that you will do great things with Travel Rants and would back you if I had any dosh to spare. I think your rates look fair and would suggest you also consider sponsored pages - minimum 6 months. It works really well for me and impresses the hell out the clients when they find their page up top in the serps. I´ve only ever had one renewal turn me down and that was because he was pulling all web marketing.

e10, Jul 18, 2005 IP
  8. Promoting2

Promoting2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Longer periods of time typically sit better with me as well. Rates look excellent and most experienced advertisers don't give two hoots about PR.

Promoting2, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  9. cashmirrors

cashmirrors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your site looks good man, good luck.

cashmirrors, Jul 19, 2005 IP
  10. TooHappy

TooHappy Guest

Best Answers:
    Rates are a tad bit high, but you'll do well!

TooHappy, Jul 20, 2005 IP