1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SERPS Pg 2 for "Bad Credit" - 36 visitors...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rparker, Feb 26, 2007.

Hello guys/girls,
    I'm stumped. Lets see, I've made a http://www.creditrelease.com and managed to rank it to position 15 for the keyword "bad credit" according to the google search. Overture says there are 101766 people searching for that term in Jan 2007. Assume google has 8 times that so over 800,000 people searching that term per month. A rough figure and also very promising.

Guess what, I got 36 unique visitors the whole day. The wierd thing is when I was in the same position 15 for much lesser searched items like "rich jerk" for my http://www.richjerkscams.com site I got almost 100 uniques a day.

I don't know whats going on here. Can someone else from a different country check google to see if I'm actually listed that high or is the search engine just pulling a early aprils fool on me. Why so little traffic especially from such a widely searched term.

Any ideas and responses will be great.

Thanks

rparker, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  2. Accelerated Media

Accelerated Media Banned

Best Answers:
    Have you tried experimenting your keywords? Try bad credit help, bad credit solutions, etc. Sometimes a phrase is better.

Accelerated Media, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  3. Alan Murray

Alan Murray Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Overture can be inaccurate, remember also most people never go past the first five never mind page two. Keep working to get to top 5.

Alan Murray, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  4. dynamicseo

dynamicseo Banned

Best Answers:
    Why don't you use digital point keyword suggestion tool to analyse the keyword strength in organic listning and PPC searches per day.

dynamicseo, Feb 27, 2007 IP
    seojig likes this.
  5. rparker

rparker Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok great advice, I'm ranked No.10 for "Bad Credit Solutions" and digital point keyword suggestion tool says that it is indeed a very strong keyword, searched over 3000 time per day. This is just wierd.

Ryan.

rparker, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  6. askcybersteve

askcybersteve Guest

Best Answers:
    just out of interest how long did it take you to rank there and is it a brand new domain??? if so I would say you are doing brillantly so fare. keep up the good work.

askcybersteve, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  7. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    You are listed behind 14 other useful bad credit resources. Why would somebody bother looking past all 14 and clicking on your site?

Try creating a more interesting title.

mad4, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  8. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The dropof rates as you go down a SERPS page are very dramatic, if you're not listed in the top 3 results then you're losting a lot of traffic. If you're on page two, you might as well be at #100 for all the good it'll bring you.

Interestingly it's better to be at #10 than at #9 as people that have scrolled all the way to the bottom of the page are more likely to visit the last result.

MattUK, Feb 28, 2007 IP