1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are PR5 directories really better than PR2 directories?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by SixSigma, Feb 25, 2007.

1. jetbrains

jetbrains Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. To purchase a link from a directory, the most important thing is the PR of inner pages( subcategories).

jetbrains, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  2. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    this is something I stressed from day one when i started messing with the directory niche.

I got fed up of people always stating PR5 web directory...etc etc; with absolutely nothing else within the domain itself.

Offer it for free, sure, i'll submit. SHow some incentive, sure i'll submit. Just go register a dropped domain and slap on a oridinary template without work, pffft, yea good luck.

an0n, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  3. madmn

madmn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some PR 5 directories have PR 3 or higher inner pages which would be unlikely in a PR 2 directory no matter what quality.

madmn, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  4. rtchar

rtchar Peon

Best Answers:
    Guess it depends on why you are linking ...

Many SEO pros will argue that Page-Rank is unimportant ... the link text is what search engines are looking for in order to rank your site. We have all seen PR-0 sites outrank PR-6 sites many times. I would rather have better results than higher PR.

I think it is more important that the pages appear in the indexes and are being crawled on a regular basis --- regardless of the page rank.

Of course if you are trying to sell directory space ... buy some high PR links. :)

rtchar, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  5. casperl

casperl Peon

Best Answers:
    If the inner pages do not have pr consistently (PR5+ (main page) -> PR4+ (second level) -> PR3+ (third level)) , i just would not add my link to that directory. That is a measure of trustrank for me!

casperl, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  6. sabian1982

sabian1982 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think if a directory has a PR4+ only on the index page then there is obviously something rather fishy going on. Seeing this is usually an indication that the directory is on an old domain that used to have that PR and hence when the next PR update occurs the PR is likely to fall quite dramatically due to the complete change in site content.

Obviously (as mentioned) age does have a factor. As a general rule, directories tend to get a PR on the index page, submit page and ideally top level categories. Then in the next update (or few) PR tends to be assigned to the other pages (latest links, top hits etc.) whilst lower level categories start to achieve lower PR rankings.

sabian1982, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  7. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think we should differentiate between free and paid directories. While free directories are receiving lots of submissions and thus their number of pages get increased.

Being free directories with limited earnings, owners of those directories can not promote the innerpages as much as paid directories. Paid directories also tend to receive fewer submissions and can always put back a percentage of revenue to promote inner pagaes.

So I always submit to any free directory --and never bother about the PR of the page I'll get listed. A backlink is a backlink--always increases link popularity and indexing.

But in case paid directories--I am too picky.:( This habit always dries my PP numbers:mad:

jhnrang, Feb 26, 2007 IP
    popotalk likes this.
  8. dugu

dugu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agree. And they will grow with time.

dugu, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  9. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lol :D John . The saying goes Give and You Shall Receive. :p :D

popotalk, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  10. seomaster_4all

seomaster_4all Peon

Best Answers:
    PR 5 Is older than PR2 Directory. and most of page is indexed in google also.

seomaster_4all, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  11. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds great Casper were waiting for your submission at Biz-King as it meets your standards and or requirments. :D
    lol... sorry you said thats what you were looking for so....
    what the heck figured id try. :)

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  12. casperl

casperl Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi malcolm,

I can but after next pr update ;) because i spent enough to development of my sites nowadays! Once i start to earn from my directories :),i hope i will have enough money to spend on backlinks instead of content and development..

casperl, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  13. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is not entirely true. Many PR5 directories-specially paid ones are newer than PR2/3 free sites.

jhnrang, Feb 26, 2007 IP