1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

help needed

Discussion in 'PHP' started by seojig, Feb 24, 2007.

hello friends,
    i dont have much experience in PHP. i want to create simple shopping cart site with few books products only.
    i need your help to start this work.can any one tell me how to start and the flow of this site.
    i have good knowledge of c and c++ and mysql.
    is there any resources which provide this information?

thanks

-jigs

seojig, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  2. designcode

designcode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are already many shopping cart systems which are much stable and tested like oscommerce, zencart, y don't try them?

designcode, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  3. seojig

seojig Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    i dont want ready made shopping cart but i want to create it my salves so i can learn php in bepth. that is why i m asking for some resources from where i can learn PHP in depth.

seojig, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  4. Andy Peters

Andy Peters Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest, a shopping cart is a bit of an audacious project to start learning PHP with.

Andy Peters, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Andy has a point... but if you're really keen, start on paper by designing the table structure and decide how you'll be managing tax, postage etc

Read up at www.php.net on some of the security issues with regard to sql injections.

Then slowly and carefully start building the pages adding complexity as you go.

sarahk, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  6. tinkerbox

tinkerbox Peon

Best Answers:
    if you know how to progran, you can try and error
    find some free shopping cart, study how its works.
    If you can understand that, you can create your own.

if not, lower down, find something more simple like guestbook.
    learn how ppl do the script. learn how to query from more than 1 table in one script. learn how to protect your script from sql injection.

dont rush to that difficult for you to learn then give up. programming is fun :)

tinkerbox, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  7. seojig

seojig Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    actually i m computer engineer and i have sound knowledge of programming.i have read PHP books also.that is why i m going to start with this project.thanks for the reply i will try to find it.and post here if u have any nice links for php resources.

seojig, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You will benefit alot from looking at the existing code at www.sourceforge.net, www.phpclasses.org, www.zend.com and even reviewing existing carts.

I'm in the middle of coding a user management module in cakePHP but I'm getting ideas from reviewing the source code of a forum. Cut and paste won't work because the underlying structure is so different but it's useful to see what issues their guys have anticipated and how they've tackled them.

sarahk, Feb 26, 2007 IP
    seojig likes this.
  9. melado

melado Member

Best Answers:
    I'd start with something more simple. Some stupid examples include a guestbook, a simple forum...

melado, Feb 26, 2007 IP