1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

In US, record numbers are plunged into poverty: report

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ST12, Feb 24, 2007.

In US, record numbers are plunged into poverty: report WASHINGTON (AFP) - The gulf between rich and poor in the United States is yawning wider than ever, and the number of extremely impoverished is at a three-decade high, a report out Saturday found.

Based on the latest available US census data from 2005, the McClatchy Newspapers analysis found that almost 16 million Americans live in "deep or severe poverty" defined as a family of four with two children earning less than 9,903 dollars -- one half the federal poverty line figure.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070225/ts_alt_afp/useconomypoverty_070225003515

Some got big tax brake though. And a lot of our taxes are WASTED, ............ more are on the way to be wasted.

ST12, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  2. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    they should make that you have to pay a $1000 deposit in order to have children

bet that would clear up a lot poverty real fast

ferret77, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  3. KingofKings

KingofKings Banned

Best Answers:
    LOL... this is starting to sound like China now...

KingofKings, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  4. mikmik

mikmik Guest

Best Answers:
    I say that not enough money is spent on military build up. If only another 100 billion dollars a year was funnelled to Dick Cheney, oops I mean the Pentagon, then there wouldn't be any poor people.<sarcasm>

I cannot look myself in the mirror if I see someone that is needy, and I haven't helped him/her.

We are so very blessed. I mean that if you are at this forum, you must have a computer and internet connection and free time.
    Can you imagine what it is like to be left by your mother while she walks ten or twenty miles but you don't know if she is coming back?
    She is starving herself but she goes to get a sack of rice. She will be raped sooner or later, the rice will be stolen.
    50 lb. bag is heavy, but that mom carries it. She knows that her baby will dies of starvation if she doesn't get it. Her baby has a 50% chance of dying before 5 yr old anyways.
    If you live in Calcutta, you have to shit and piss on a pile on the corner of the block. You might have to fight for even a space to lie down at night, on the sidewalk. You might be ten yrs. old and your parents have severed your foot so that you will be able to get more money by begging. Little kids, after all, they get pity, but maimed little kids, they get up to $2 a day. Not bad for a family of seven, or so.
    I know what! Let's go live in a blanket in the Himilayas! Minus 30, big deal.
    God provides, hey?

mikmik, Feb 25, 2007 IP