1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Five questions non-Muslims would like answered

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by latehorn, Nov 20, 2005.

1. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm saying that all of them - Mohammed, Abram, Jesus, Buddha, Zoraster, Moses, you name it - all were just men. All lived, and not one of us knows a single thing about them except by virtue of some words written by other men. To castigate one of them by some presumed moral flaw, based on some mythic creation in a text, is ludicrous, to me.

It appears you are saying the world would have been a better place had not "Hagar's line" been brought into the world. This same line of reasoning is what allowed the Mormon Church, at one point in its history, to condemn the black race to an inability to hold the priesthood - as the color of their skin was the "mark of Cain." I'm afraid I think there's room for all of us.

I am an atheist, and find any posit of moral certainty based on religious texts ridiculous. But my manner was offensive and I apologize if I have affronted anyone with religious conviction.

northpointaiki, May 30, 2006 IP
  2. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    What about mother earth? :p

latehorn, May 30, 2006 IP
  3. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    She doesn't tend to hit the hard sell as much as the lads. I wish she would.:)

northpointaiki, May 30, 2006 IP
  4. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just to make sure I am not misunderstood on above. I don't believe the Cain's line thing-especially since the flood happened and all people are equal. Hagar's line does appear to be the Arabs and would fit why they are still fighting the Jews. This doesn't make them less in my eyes, since God has his plans and His ways, so an Arab or any other race can be my friend, could marry into my family (we have quite the mix already), or even be a pastor (my jewish Christian pastor married my mother-in-law, who is very dark skinned).

debunked, May 31, 2006 IP
  5. Avatar7

Best Answers:
    First: I am a muslim thank god
    second: I can't discuss on forums , sorry just me , think chatting is better
    third: I am not that qualified ofcourse cause I ain't a scholar a sheikh as they call them..

so

1) First better let scholars talk and especially if he or they are Priests and Preachers that converted to Islam.
    here is a link : http://www.islamtomorrow.com/
    go there and click any link:"CONVERTS" is a nice one to start from.

2) Who want further discussion with me in particular, send me a private message with ur id on yahoo or msn or whchever messenger we can talk through.

N.B: quick notes regarding mercy and blood thirst!!
    * leaders ruling our arab and muslim countries are assholes and what they do got nothing to do with islam . They are dictators,tyrants , thieves, murderers,.....
    *bin laden and zawahry and such terrorists are murderers and what they do ain't related to islam( killing civilians !!! oh my god)

* therer are similar murderers that claim they belong to christianity or judaism or whichever religion or race or ethnic group.. BUSH for example, he doesn't have to carry the gun himself. Rumsfield ( am repeating what an american lady told him in the face>. Israel army, another example (http://www.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/6E4C3AA1-E2B4-4A8D-8FEF-DEFF5C302F47.htm). in this last link, text is arabic , but no need to read, just view!!! again if u want translation , i can help.oh this link about babies and kids killed by israeli soldiers. (edit) link has been changed, I'll try to find another one.

*Mohammed (pbuh) told us that Mariam (pbuh) {Mary} is the queen of all females . best, most purified and noble female
    *Mohammed (pbuh) forgave aesthists and ppl who tortured him and his followers for years. He forgave them after he became victorious
    *Mohammed (pbuh) forgave the MURDERER OF HIS OWN DAUGHTER
    *Mohammed (pbuh) told us that "a woman entered hellfire becasue of a cat she imprisoned , neither she set her free nor fed her" (mercy upon animals)

That's what we'r being taught and whether u think this is true or not , we muslims are being taught these which ofcourse should help implant mercy in one's heart
    And hundereds of stories and proofs.
    Anyway , go visit the link(s) and message me if u want further discussion

6. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Islam is evil.

Blogmaster, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  7. Avatar7

Best Answers:
    wow , what a reply,lol . Frankly I didn't expect such short reply . Why don't u at least go check the links???!!

8. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Because there is enough in the Quaran that has already made me sick to my stomach, all that hatred against Christians, Jews and those who don't believe in Islam. I have met many cool Muslims, I'm not against Muslims the people. I just believe that their teachings are false and full of hatred. And most Muslim nations don't leave their citizens a choice when it comes to religion. Kind of like East Germany during communism, you were a Komrad whether you really believed in it or not. I think the new generation of Muslims is smarter though.

Blogmaster, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    What he said.

Mia, Jul 12, 2006 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  10. Hossam

Hossam Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all, it should be clear that a religion must never be addressed by the behaviour of its followers. For an example, I can list many verses from the Quran that say that commiting suicide - bombing other people or not - is totally impermissible in Islam, yet as your source pointed out many Muslims do it. However, it's always the exegesisses of the holy Quran by so many exegesissors across different ages that contributed much in the devision between Muslims idologies.

If you studied Islam from a neutral but professional sources trying to understand Quran from its spiritual context, you would find out that Islam never encouraged violence, terrorism or even hatred; not towards other religions followers, not even towards anthiests, actually these actions are considered a sin and totally forbidden.

Now I am going to address your source five questions or concerns briefly in my own point of view as a Muslim...

(1) I would refer that to the weakness that the Islamic world currently suffer of. Many Muslim countries are suffering under an autocratic governments, yet you can barely see any protests by their people. Also I, among most Muslims and Arabs, see the Israeli entity as a form of occupation that should be act against. Regardless than the reader religion, how would he react towards an occupation of his own country? And then again I think it is a must to separate religional issues from political ones.

(2) The writer clearly states that Palestenians who practice "Jihad", which can modernly be translated into "the quest for freedom" although the false common translation of the word in the western world, as terrorists. He also claims that all of these "terrorists" are Muslims while anyone seeking informations, again from neutral sources, will find out that since the beginning of Palestenian "Entefada" in the 80s the two religions followers were participating in it and practicing "Jihad". Also In Egypt, there was a famous revolution back to 1911 against the English occupation in which Muslims and Christians were practicing "Jihad" together and also were holding the "helal" and the cross together at the times of protests.

(3) I would rather use the term "autocratic" than "free". I think the writer's English is no better than mine :)
    And the answer would be the same one I provided in (1).

(4) There are some verses in Quran that can be translated or explained as a call for killing other religion followers which is extremely redicilous in my opinion. When I read this verses myself, all I get is a call for fighting injustice, corruption and anything against Allah. Kindly, note the difference between "fighting" and "killing". Also, note that the writer insists on his point of view of Israel as a legitimate country and of the American occupation of Iraq (as every Arab, Muslim and Christian, and maybe non Arabs as well, see) as "freeing Iraq". Finally, in Egypt for a simple example, there has been many crimes like kidnapping and mass murders taking place against Muslims by some extreme Christians organizations and individuals. That of course never made sane minds think that Christianity is a religion that encourages such crimes, that's in spite of the fact that I for one have found in the bible, specially in the old testment, many texts that clearly order believers to kill and destroy non-beleivers.

(5) The term "Religious Muslims" is ambigious here, you can never tell wether this person or that person is religious or not. Just because you go to the church every Sunday does not make you a "Religious Christian", for an example. It's a very spiritual inner feature in the person that is impossible to judged because it's simply a relationship between one and God alone. The countries that the writer has addressed are governed by autocratic regimes which is an enough reason to call these governors non-religious Muslims.

The writer proudly deny the fact that there exist Christian-based terror groups around the world. I think he never read or even heard about "The Army of God" militia. I recommend him the reading of "Terror in the Mind of God: The Global Rise of Religious Violence" for additional examples.

Although the writer has a 25 yrs reach out for Muslims (that's almost beyond my own years), he fails to acknowledge the fact that terrorism does exist in all religions and all beleifs. What I do recommend again and again is gathering informations from unbiased, neutral and professional sources of informations, instead of giving an ear to a certain type of mass-media and ignoring all the others.

Sorry for my bad English. It's not my native language afterall and I wrote that response in a hurry.

Cheers,
    Hossam

Hossam, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  11. krizil

krizil Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Blogmaster! :D

I want to ask you one question. What you know about Islam? Do you learn Islam from the Al-Quran or from the Pope?
    That's why, Muslim nations don't leave their citizens a choice when it comes to religion. Cause we strongly believe that Islam is the true religion.

You said:
    Are you sure? I don't think you're right! Islam teach Muslims to love each other. We had been teach to live in harmony with no fight, beer, bet and all that.

For me, you're just give your opinion. You are not telling us the facts.

If you really read the Bible and make a few researches to the content, you'll see there are too many mistakes in it. The problem now is you don't want to spend your time to read it. When the Christians say A... you also will say A... when they say B... you also will say B... You must be your own self.

Look at these. What are the mission of Prophet Jesus (pbuh) in the Bible:
    Look at Prophet Jesus (pbuh) behavior in the Bible:
    Are these what the Bible teach you Blogmaster? Think about it. ;)

krizil, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  12. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There is no prophet Jesus that we follow, but the Son of God.
    He spoke a parable - do you know what a parable is? It would clarify your understanind of Luke 19:27 (that is only if you actually want to understand what he is saying.)

BTW, what does the pope have to do with anything? Did he also condemn the actions of terrorists? (my guess is that he does condemn terrorism)

Still looking for the errors in the Bible, maybe you should research what you are reading on these anti-Christian sites? LoL

Old testament verses were for a specific people at a specific time- at no time does he tell all believers to continue what was told to do. (in reference to the verses where the hebrew people are told to kill the unbelievers in the places they were to inhabit.)

I don't know why I keep responding to those who live in controlled ignorance, who read websites and believe what they read rather than actually investigating something before they take the bait - hook, line and sinker...

debunked, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Your post started out really nice. You had me conviced that Muslims and the Quaran were completely mis-understood, until...

Item 1.

It's kinda hard to "occupy" land that is already yours.

Sometimes when I have nothing better to do I like to ponder things like, for instance, let's say we got rid Israel, or all Jews for that matter. Would that make Mulsams happy? Would the hatred, ignorance and fear end there? Or would we have to get rid of Christrianity too?

What is going to make you guys happy? That's all I want to know.

Mia, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  14. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    people blowing themselves up? is this something new? if i remember my history from 1945 onwards the Jews used the same tactics to get the British troops outta palestine and in 1947 the state of israel was born.
    so people blow themselves up and gain a state, is this something new to the 21st century?

samantha pia, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  15. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Sunday really seems to bring out the bored Malaysian College students and other goofy sorts.

Context brother, context...

"Rather than advocating violence, Jesus was warning his disciples that they would encounter violence from those unwilling to accept the Truth. Nowhere in the passage does he instruct them to harm anyone. On the contrary, he instructs them to heal the sick, raise the dead, and cast out demons, and explicitly tells them to be "as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves." These are all instructions consistent with his message of love and grace. He does not command them to resort to violence with those who reject the message. On the contrary, he tells them to leave the homes of those who reject them, because God alone will be the judge of those who reject the Truth.

This interpretation that the Truth will cause division between those who accept it and those who reject it is also reflected in John 1:10-13"

From wiki.

Practice what you preach and read before opening your mouth.

Peace!

Mia, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  16. mikmik

mikmik Guest

Best Answers:
    do you know what a parable is?

Yes, I sure do. It is a very feeble excuse for the stupidity in the bible.

mikmik, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  17. mikmik

mikmik Guest

Best Answers:
    Haha. Lets proceed, shall we?
    I will even use only my own reasoning without reference to any websites. You, in fact, contradict yourself and are aparently ignorant of your pathetically obvious hypocrisy.

Websites? Bible?

There are a fuck of a lot of websites, with many ideas.

Where do you learn at?

mikmik, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  18. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    And this differs from your usual posts how?

Mia, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  19. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    /gtech is rolling on the floor :D

GTech, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  20. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you really are and angry and lost sole arn't you? Wow, who pees in your cornflakes every morning?

d16man, Feb 25, 2007 IP