1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Account Sabotaged: I've Been Booted!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by www.AmCy.org, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Just start a thread here at DP and I'm sure we will all join in.

I'm pretty new to CJ as well. There is a lot of stuff I'm unsure about and haven't had the time to suss it out properly.
    We can all learn from each other.

Cyclops, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  2. av1

av1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    im sorry to repeat somebodies question but how do cj earnings compare to adsense? im ok if u want to keep it a secret, but simple more/less answer would be great :)

av1, Jul 16, 2005 IP
    TommyD likes this.
  3. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    I dont think CJ is any kind of an alternative to adsense. Its a totally different system....

To answer your question in my case I have found cj.com to be total crap.

Shoemoney, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I'll second that

fryman, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  5. TooHappy

TooHappy Guest

Best Answers:
    Make that a third!

TooHappy, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  6. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Y'all have experience with the program? If so, elaborate. :eek:

Then again, what else can I expect. This is the AdSense forum :D

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  7. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Too bad...I am so sorry , Someone is clicking too much on my ads too , but My page impressions is too hight .

wissam, Jul 17, 2005 IP
  8. Juan G

Juan G Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, AdSense is best for those (like me) who prefer to concentrate on their often non-commercial but informative site content. This is why I use AdSense.

However, others with a different approach (such as Rosalind Gardner, James Martell, Allan Gardyne...) obtain a great income from affiliate programs like CJ, even much more than from AdSense, but they need dedication to product endorsement, promotion, etc.

And others get even greater income from their own succesful products, but of course this requires much more commercial work than the affiliate programs.

Therefore, we have at least three alternatives: contextual advertising (AdSense...), affiliate programs (CJ...), your products.

Juan G, Jul 17, 2005 IP
    www.AmCy.org likes this.
  9. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    This is my experience with cj.

I have a spot on my site that does pretty good... about 5% ctr or so with adsense. I found cj.com and thought it would do well because of the market I am in there is tons of related products with good commissions.

I did alot of research on there site and submited applications to advertisers.

I let it run for 1 week as a adsense alt and here is the results.

[​IMG]
    I made more then 10x with the other alts.

here are my cj stats. Basically I could not afford to run cj. I would like to test it more but its such a reduction in payout that I cant really afford it. Especially when I took A LOT of time researching the ads I was going to run.

Shoemoney, Jul 18, 2005 IP
  10. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    Shoemoney, great post. my experience with cj has been very brief and crappy as well (but not documented this well :))

Liminal, Jul 18, 2005 IP
  11. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can't treat CJ like Adsense and expect the same results. Promoting programs/products with CJ requires a whole different approach. Simply replacing Adsense links with CJ banners is not likely to be effective. You need to lead in with sales copy, a page(s) dedicated to the product(s) you are promoting, etc. It requires more effort, but the potential payoff is huge.

Placing the link(s) for a week isn't a fair trial and won't give you an indication of the possibilities. You have to try different things until something works. Just like you did/do with Adsense.

One of the advantages to using CJ is you know what your potential commission is BEFORE you start promoting a particular merchant. There is no guessing how much you will get paid.

MattL, Jul 18, 2005 IP
    Juan G likes this.
  12. ozband

ozband Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear about the loss... Very unfortunate, and frustrating for all of us at the same time.

Good luck with the new program.

ozband, Jul 18, 2005 IP
  13. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    Hi-

Can you post your stats so I can see what a successful campaign looks like?

thanks

14. Juan G

Juan G Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't know if Matt or others would be comfortable posting his/their personal stats (thank you to Shoemoney for posting his test), but for a succesful example we can see the one published by well-known -in the affiliate field- writer Rosalind Gardner, who uses CJ among other affiliate programs.

Of course, as said, affiliate marketing (CJ) is a different system from contextual advertising (AdSense) and, for a good income, it requires a lot of direct product promotion work. Both systems require also a lot of testing work.

In the case of those of us not interested in commercial tasks, we should be happy with AdSense.

Juan G, Jul 18, 2005 IP
  15. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    1st) I think we should stop comparing this with adsense

2nd) 5k a month is the example of a successful example campaign? I was thinking 50-100k/month would be a successful campaign with what people are talking. Until I see stats that say otherwise I think cj is crap... just imo.

I am starting a online storefront in the next 2 weeks to sell cellphone products (cases, accessories, batteries and ect...) and have a built in affiliate program. I might use cj or some others to get it started but I will have an opinion from a sellers perspective.

16. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Good stuff, Shoemoney. Thank you for sharing your stats here. I am sure that I am not alone in saying "thanks."

I think it's only fair that I reciprocate and share some stats. Here's what I've earned since July 9, 2005:

[​IMG]

That's what I've earned for leads delivered from just one of my sites since July 9. I am expecting more as the month progresses, as many of the other affiliate partners take longer to post earnings.

As I've posted in here before, I think that AdSense is a great program, but it has let me down, so I am glad that CJ is now delivering worry-free income for me. You are right that CJ requires more work than AS; with AS you don't really have to do any research. But once you find just the right programs to work with, I think it can be just as good as AdSense. I've only been with CJ for less than a month, but so far the numbers are encouraging, and I am looking forward to learning how to maximizing my earnings with CJ.

I am just comparing CJ to AS from an earnings perspective. The 2 programs are certainly very different; apples and oranges really.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Jul 18, 2005 IP
  17. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Too bad, my country is not in the list...

alang, Jul 18, 2005 IP
  18. kapri65

kapri65 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear that, I know someone who get the same mail becouse fraud clicks and he don´t do that for sure.

kapri65, Jul 18, 2005 IP
  19. darktsx

darktsx Peon

Best Answers:
    I just got that dreaded ADsense mail a few hours ago. I really have no idea what invalid clicks they are talking about and I think it's unacceptable that they don't elaborate more. I emailed AS back asking for some clarification.

AmCy, did you ever get your AS account reopened? What is CJ and how is it working out for you? Do you think I stand a chance in getting my account opened again? I think AS is scamming me because I never received a PIN when I opened the account. I requested a new one twice and haven't gotten one. Sounds pretty fishy to me.

It's almost midnight here, so tomorrow I'll read through this whole thread to get a better idea of what I'm up against.

darktsx, Jul 29, 2005 IP
  20. webdesignlist

webdesignlist Peon

Best Answers:
    bad luck darktsx :( seems to be happening a lot more from google at the moment :(

webdesignlist, Jul 30, 2005 IP